Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Can any of my fellow Shang-Chi fans tell me what book and what issue was Shang-Chi's story from Avengers World #3 continue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Can any of my fellow Shang-Chi fans tell me what book and what issue was Shang-Chi's story from Avengers World #3 continue?
    Tomorrow's Avengers World 7 continues with the Madripoor storyline, and it looks like we'll get another continuation in August with Avengers World 11. A bit of a lengthy wait, unfortunately. In the mean time, I suppose Shang has his miniseries and an appearance in Wolverine in the coming months.
    Last edited by Geno; 06-04-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Tomorrow's Avengers World 7 continues with the Madripoor storyline, and it looks like we'll get another continuation in August with Avengers World 11. A bit of a lengthy wait, unfortunately. In the mean time, I suppose Shang has his miniseries and an appearance in Wolverine in the coming months.
    Thank you so much. Believe me it's greatly appreciated. I'll have to pick up Avengers World #7 now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    A few of his masters made appearances in the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu books, but the ones that showed up were all loyal to Fu Manchu. Despite his infamy, Shang's father was supposed to be an incredibly charismatic man who many viewed as being an avatar of righteousness, so it's no surprise that even many of Shang's masters would be fiercely loyal to him.
    Thanks for the heads up Geno. Still, do these masters know about Shang's father's true intentions? Did they know that he was a villain? Or did they actually believe Shang's father was a good guy?

In any case, just some more random Shang-Chi thoughts:

- For the past couple of weeks, I've been tinkering with an idea for story for Shang. I think I mentioned this idea a couple of years ago, so apologies in advance. Still, I definitely see a story centering around the ultimate plan of Shang's father. In the event that he died and failed to return from the dead, Shang's father would have one last devoted servant initiate a mini civil war among his followers and soldiers. His empire would split into various factions, each led by a different general ( i.e. Zaran, Razor Fist, Mr. X, etc.), kinda like Three Kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors. Shang's father would make sure that the most violent, vicious, and bloodthirsty individuals would lead these factions, knowing full well that none would be suitable to control his empire. In the process, their conflicts would rage all over Asia (and perhaps even the rest of the world), leaving nothing but death, destruction, and bloodshed in their wake.

All of this would be done to force Shang-Chi to intervene. Understanding his son on a very deep level, Shang's father would know that Shang would want to save innocent lives and stop further destruction. Moreover, due to his skill, abilities, and reputation, Shang would be the only person who could unite all of these warring factions. Thus, the only way for Shang to solve this problem would be to become the son his father always wanted and take control of the empire.

Seeing Shang struggle with the moral complexity of this situation would be epic. I could see him trying to avoid and fight this burden, but failing. Should he be a man of peace and let the world burn? Or will he save the world by damning his own soul?

Oh man, I'd love to see this happen!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hey all, just wanted to remind you that Shang Chi will be pulling double appearances this week, as he is guest-starring in Wolverine #8 and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #2. For me, I'm digging his appearance in Wolverine #8. It appears that he'll be playing a mentor role to Wolverine, which is cool. Nice to know that the "Best There Is At What I Do" sees Shang in the teacher role:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=22005&pg=3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=22005&pg=4
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Shang Chi by Paul Gulacy...
    Attachment 2777
    Utterly, positively, absolutely MAGNIFICENT!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mike Zeck is another one of my favorite MKF artists...
    mike zeck mkf.JPG
    mkf covers.JPG
    mkf.JPG
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

What did everyone think of today's issue?

Anybody read issue 2

Am I the only one who feels Shang is getting hit a little too much in his current series?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Shang is getting hit a little too much in his current series?

I finally got around to reading issue two. Again, I think the plot is good, but I'm a little disappointed with the art.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I finally got around to reading issue two. Again, I think the plot is good, but I'm a little disappointed with the art.
    Shang deserves better art than that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to remind you that Shang Chi will be pulling double appearances this week, as he is guest-starring in Wolverine #8 and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #2. For me, I'm digging his appearance in Wolverine #8. It appears that he'll be playing a mentor role to Wolverine, which is cool. Nice to know that the "Best There Is At What I Do" sees Shang in the teacher role:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=22005&pg=3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=22005&pg=4
    The "Best There Is At What I Do" doesn't appear in that book. It doesnt matter who that poser considers a teacher. He's not Wolverine.

bring in John Romita Jr. for art.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    bring in John Romita Jr. for art.
    I would like Mike Deodato