Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 519
  1. #76
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Did anybody like today's issue?
    Yeah, I got it. As I mentioned previously, I said that I would stick by the miniseries no matter what, and so I read the last issue. The issue seemed a little "WTF?" especially considering what was done to Leiko. her resurrection seemed equal parts Carried and "kinda out there." Though readers' initial fears that Leiko would be gone permanently have been put to rest, I am a little unsure what to make of the new Leiko.

    Aside from that, I wasn't super impressed. Yeah, Sons of the Tiger and Daughters of the Dragon appear. So does Black Jack Tarr. Midnight Sun gets taken by the spirits of Triad bosses. Ummm, alright. All of that, plus the writing was decent, but the art, as usual brought it down.

    HOWEVER, there were some crumbs of the story that I did like. As I previously mentioned, I always wanted Shang to use some tradition Chinese weapons, and hey, he got to hold a Chinese spear. His jump kick seemed pretty cool. However, what I liked the most was when Shang stood in between Midnight Sun and Leiko. It was apparent that Leiko had gotten some new supernatural, freaky deaky powers. I found it pretty boss that regular Shang stood up to her and tried to convince of the error of her ways.

    SO yeah, a lot of people (and they wouldn't be wrong) would say that this miniseries was pretty bad. I, however, being the forever hopeful Shang-Chi fan, always found at least something throughout the series that made Shang cool and memorable.

    Here's hoping one day that Shang still has some better stories ahead of him.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  2. #77
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah, I got it. As I mentioned previously, I said that I would stick by the miniseries no matter what, and so I read the last issue. The issue seemed a little "WTF?" especially considering what was done to Leiko. her resurrection seemed equal parts Carried and "kinda out there." Though readers' initial fears that Leiko would be gone permanently have been put to rest, I am a little unsure what to make of the new Leiko.

    Aside from that, I wasn't super impressed. Yeah, Sons of the Tiger and Daughters of the Dragon appear. So does Black Jack Tarr. Midnight Sun gets taken by the spirits of Triad bosses. Ummm, alright. All of that, plus the writing was decent, but the art, as usual brought it down.

    HOWEVER, there were some crumbs of the story that I did like. As I previously mentioned, I always wanted Shang to use some tradition Chinese weapons, and hey, he got to hold a Chinese spear. His jump kick seemed pretty cool. However, what I liked the most was when Shang stood in between Midnight Sun and Leiko. It was apparent that Leiko had gotten some new supernatural, freaky deaky powers. I found it pretty boss that regular Shang stood up to her and tried to convince of the error of her ways.

    SO yeah, a lot of people (and they wouldn't be wrong) would say that this miniseries was pretty bad. I, however, being the forever hopeful Shang-Chi fan, always found at least something throughout the series that made Shang cool and memorable.

    Here's hoping one day that Shang still has some better stories ahead of him.
    Agreed 100% friend Tien.

    Shang Chi and Leiko Wu deserved a better outing than this mini series.

    Like yourself, I too will await a truly stellar outing for the Master of Kung Fu in the not too distant future.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  3. #78
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,007

    Default

    I actually had it in my hands today then put it back cuz I hit my budget and wanted to try a couple of new titles. I figured Deadly Hands will probably there next week but the smaller titles might not be. So I'll get it then. I don't mind spoilers for this title...what's this about a resurrection?

  4. #79
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I actually had it in my hands today then put it back cuz I hit my budget and wanted to try a couple of new titles. I figured Deadly Hands will probably there next week but the smaller titles might not be. So I'll get it then. I don't mind spoilers for this title...what's this about a resurrection?
    Yeah, it turned out that Leiko, who was killed off in the first issue of the mini, actually was brought back to life. Here are some preview pages:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23084

    Come to think of it, Leiko has her moments. It was pretty cool to see Leiko rip the blades off Razor Fist's arms.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  5. #80
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah, it turned out that Leiko, who was killed off in the first issue of the mini, actually was brought back to life. Here are some preview pages:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23084

    Come to think of it, Leiko has her moments. It was pretty cool to see Leiko rip the blades off Razor Fist's arms.
    Hmm...interesting

  6. #81
    Veteran Member Dayle88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Here's the thing though, it felt like it was setting Leiko up as a new foil for Shang, but what are the odds we're going to see that story any time soon?

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,006

    Default

    Not to mention the fact that the whole "love interest goes crazy/evil/drunk with power" thing is such a tired cliché that it's eye-roll worthy.

  8. #83
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Felt I should just repost some of the pics from the old Shang Chi appreciation thread:

    Pretty cool fight between Zaran and Shang on the streets of NYC's Chinatown from the old Marvel Knights series:


    Shang teaching Spidey:


    Shang taking out a knee:
    I love that fight against Zaran so much!
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  9. #84

    Default

    It's no secret i'm a huge Daredevil fanso I would love to see another character I like a lot added to the Defenders team up on Netfix.Do you guys like Shang's chances?

  10. #85
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    It's no secret i'm a huge Daredevil fanso I would love to see another character I like a lot added to the Defenders team up on Netfix.Do you guys like Shang's chances?
    I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess it's up to TV licensing deal which Marvel characters can appear vs being on Agents of SHIELD?

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess it's up to TV licensing deal which Marvel characters can appear vs being on Agents of SHIELD?
    I wouldn't mind him being on AOS either.

  12. #87

    Default

    I'd like to see him show up on the Netflix shows. Especially if one character eventually gets to "graduate" to a feature film, and there's room for a new show.

  13. #88
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default



    ...now if only Shang had an Ultraman helmet.
    Last edited by Geno; 09-21-2014 at 02:19 PM.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post


    ...now if only Shang had an Ultraman helmet.
    Did he win this time?

  15. #90
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Did he win this time?
    Oh yeah, he won!
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •