View Poll Results: Ed Brubaker's Daredevil 82-119, 500, Annual 1 / What is your verdict?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars: Easily One of The Greatest runs I have ever read

0 0%
  • 4-Stars: This was really good

2 50.00%
  • 3-Stars: It was okay

1 25.00%
  • 2-Stars: I was more underwhelmed than anything

1 25.00%
  • 1-Star: I'm trying to find my lighter or match so I can set this on fire

0 0%
  • No Comment: I haven't read it, or I really have no opinion(s) whatsoever

0 0%

Post Ed Brubaker's Daredevil 82-119, 500, Annual 1 / What is your verdict?

As the old CBR Forums are officially closed to viewing, it is inevitable that an Ed Brubaker/Daredevil topic will be discussed.

What did you guys think about this lengthy run after assuming the writing duties from Brian Bendis critically acclaimed run? He had assumed the duties and had the fortune of planning his Daredevil run in advance with Brian Bendis. But somehow, Daredevil provoked Ed Brubaker to write a statement about him being a writer, and a statement about the character. At the same time, he inverted Bendis's initial outlook for Kingpin, by bringing him back to the USA, along with the mystic ninjas. My favorite is the female Bullseye, a recurring assassin in his run. She was fantastic.

This was hitting all cylinders from the get-go. Great noirish style art by his collaborator in DC's Gotham Central, Michael Lark enhanced those stories. It's as if one knew what the other wanted done. They are by far one of the greatest creative teams around.

This run continued Daredevil's interest in the fans, especially following a red hot run by Brian Michael Bendis. It just shows you that Ed Brubaker is not just great at thriller/conspiracy theory stories, but is also fantastic in noir style stories as well. His run is going to be remembered for quite some time as one of the really good runs in the Daredevil comic books. Perhaps it will be up there with Frank Miller, Brian Bendis, and the likes.

Share your opinions here.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

3.5. Started off incredibly well with the Daredevil in jail arc and its international follow-up. Meandered too much during the year-long Mr Fear arc. Came back strong with Lady Bulleye and the return of the Kingpin.