Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Well, I thought this was the best issue of the run thus far, and the first one I've really enjoyed in a while. Not a lot of formal experimentation from Quitely, but still his rock solid storytelling and character acting so I can't complain.

Solid issue with a nice, strong (albeit simple) thematic core; heroes stand up.

This would of been worth the wait, if it was actually a double-sized issue, 29pgs, not even close...

With that being said, their was still a few things that I liked...

Jason's aspirations to be a hero, and how it changed his mothers outlook on things by stories end...

Although, I did like her speech on the moon, they were both right in a sense, nice heartfelt moment...

My favorite part probably was the young girls on the schoolbus, punking the boys after Jason took off...

Barnabas Wolfe, thought he was tough for about two seconds, guess he thought Chloe was gone go out like, Skyscraper, lol

I thought overall, this was one of Millars better, MillarWorld titles, it's just to light on story, everything seems rushed, (backstory wise) Quitely was fine, even though it took him forever, that heavy detailed quality, was still there...

I look forward to book 2, whenever that drops...(2016?)
    #MagnetoWasRight

surprised. the solicit said "double sized". . . odd.
    Last edited by bert; 01-14-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Astonishing Member

This is true.

I wish we could get a guidebook though, theirs a lot of interesting characters, but I can't always tell what their power sets are, besides the obvious flight etc...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    I wish we could get a guidebook though, theirs a lot of interesting characters, but I can't always tell what their power sets are, besides the obvious flight etc...
    Well, the Sampson family seem to collectively share at least
    * Super-Strength
    * Flight
    * Invincibility (enough to withstand multiple simultaneous nuclear explosions to the face with fairly minimal injuries)
    * Super-Speed
    * Super-Senses
    * Heat Vision
    * Telekinesis

Anyway, I'm still enjoying it, great big mama moment with Chloe (though I don't like her transition from complete pacifist to "gonna kill em and be the hero now" at all unless there's some serious examination of the changes she's undergone in future images), but sweet lord Quitely feels wasted on this in the wake of Pax Americana showing us all again what he can really do. Also, it just occurred to me that Millar's original plan of three 10-issue volumes (can anyone track down the interview where he mentions that? I know of the one on here where he mentions the "first volume" is ten issues, before changing his tune to that being the extent of the book) will essentially actually be the case thanks to the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    #7 nowhere on Image's schedule, and it's been 3 months.
    Starlight's done, dude. It wasn't a "conclusion", it was the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    #as I said.. I don't understand how others AREN'T so pissed they have sworn off Millar books.
    We like them, in ways not easily replicated by other books, often due to the time and effort put into them that results in them being late?
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 01-14-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Well, I thought this was the best issue of the run thus far, and the first one I've really enjoyed in a while. Not a lot of formal experimentation from Quitely, but still his rock solid storytelling and character acting so I can't complain.

Solid issue with a nice, strong (albeit simple) thematic core; heroes stand up.
    I thought it delivered, read it twice it was so much fun. All the parents and kids stuff felt real. Dear god please don't make me watch another Millar movie before the next book comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    sweet lord Quitely feels wasted on this in the wake of Pax Americana showing us all again what he can really do. .
    Unless this story comes down to showing the very limits of the superpowers and intellects of each and every character in this title, I have to agree.

A good end to the first arc, but it's not double sized so it's overpriced. Sadly if Miller keeps his word and only releases this when all the art is complete #6 should drop middle to late 2016......sigh.

Spectacular Member

I thought this was a little disappointing to be honest. Maybe it's the stupidly long wait or maybe it's that it was so much more money for only a couple more pages or maybe it's that Frank Quitely feels wasted on this title.

Yes, I love Quitely, but it's readily apparent now that he's having...delays of some magnitude with this title. Honestly, I don't think he's worth it here. Mark Millar clearly has no idea how to really use Quitely to his full abilities so all we're left with is some nice looking art with amazingly fine line work.

Look at any one of Grant Morrison's collaborations with Frank Quitely. See everything that he gets Quitely to draw in amazing things like All-star Superman, New x-men, we3, Flex Metallo and Pax Americana? Crazy monster things, zany monstrosities, wild experimental panel structure, freaks of nature, crazy forward motion and lots and lots and LOTS of color!!!

Here in this issue in particular we have people sitting and talking, standing and talking, running a little, flying a little and lots of dull wide shots where the main players are so tiny that there's no real life in it. Why does everything look so dull and washed out? Why is literally every page a boring basic panel structure just to get the main points across?

THIS is the kind of thing you should get Frank freaking Quitely to draw!
    batman-and-robin-4.jpg

See how that has way more energy and life in it than the fight scenes in this issue?

But oh well. Book 1 is over and I'll believe the existence of more Jupiter's Legacy when I see it at my comic store. The series has a lot of potential and I'll be curious to see that flashback mini series that's in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by officersmile1466 View Post
    I thought this was a little disappointing to be honest. Maybe it's the stupidly long wait or maybe it's that it was so much more money for only a couple more pages or maybe it's that Frank Quitely feels wasted on this title.

Yes, I love Quitely, but it's readily apparent now that he's having...delays of some magnitude with this title. Honestly, I don't think he's worth it here. Mark Millar clearly has no idea how to really use Quitely to his full abilities so all we're left with is some nice looking art with amazingly fine line work.

Look at any one of Grant Morrison's collaborations with Frank Quitely. See everything that he gets Quitely to draw in amazing things like All-star Superman, New x-men, we3, Flex Metallo and Pax Americana? Crazy monster things, zany monstrosities, wild experimental panel structure, freaks of nature, crazy forward motion and lots and lots and LOTS of color!!!

Here in this issue in particular we have people sitting and talking, standing and talking, running a little, flying a little and lots of dull wide shots where the main players are so tiny that there's no real life in it. Why does everything look so dull and washed out? Why is literally every page a boring basic panel structure just to get the main points across?

THIS is the kind of thing you should get Frank freaking Quitely to draw!
    batman-and-robin-4.jpg

See how that has way more energy and life in it than the fight scenes in this issue?

But oh well. Book 1 is over and I'll believe the existence of more Jupiter's Legacy when I see it at my comic store. The series has a lot of potential and I'll be curious to see that flashback mini series that's in the pipeline.
    Jesus Christ, Quietly's good!
    Back For Good Behavior!

BANNED

i think i have this comic somewhere in my long boxes but its been so long i have forgotten what the story was about, who the characters are. /sarcsm

it would be nice if he just did his whole project at once so he could get his books out in a timely manner. and it does make me wary of picking up any other books, if it is going to take years to deliver 4-5 issues.