Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Jupiter's Legacy #5

Meet BARNABAS WOLFE-a former supervillain with Sherlock Holmesian instincts who hunts heroes for the U.S. government. While Brandon and Uncle Walter struggle with their utopian vision for America, Chloe and family live under the radar in Australia. But their peaceful lives are about to explode when the authorities find suspicious super-activity Down Under, and send their #1 weapon to investigate. The generation gap is about to reach the next level as MILLAR and QUITELY bring their epic to a head!

Full article here.

BANNED

The art is so supbar compared to Pax Americana.

any word on why its 5 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    any word on why its 5 bucks?
    40 pages.

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Amazing Member

Yes finally!!! Been waiting for this for a long time!

Man, Quietly can not handle a monthly book, can he?
    Back For Good Behavior!

Anyone think #6 will be out by this time next year?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAtheist View Post
    what?

it was only 10 months between issues for a series solicited as "every 6 weeks" (but I don't think managed to hit even that once).

but we're not allowed to complain, because "we knew it was Quietly drawing it" and "I'll wait for the quality"

not me tho.. dropped this and won't buy anything more from "Millarverse"

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAtheist View Post
    he was ill/injured?

plus worked on other books Paxamericana

the delays suck, but it allows me to reread all the issues together

Incredible Member

Btw, Millar posted on his forum about when we might see issues #6-10. I'm skeptical but i guess we'll see.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.p...ers/?p=2715289

"Jupiter's Legacy is two volumes. The first volume concludes with the extra sized issue 5 and the second volume will likewise be five issues. We're starting book two in late Autumn of this year, banking pretty much the whole series so we can go monthly, which all 2015 Millarworld books are. It's literally risk free if all the issues are lying in a drawer an simply released every four weeks. No delays is going to be delicious."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    what?

it was only 10 months between issues for a series solicited as "every 6 weeks" (but I don't think managed to hit even that once).

but we're not allowed to complain, because "we knew it was Quietly drawing it" and "I'll wait for the quality"

not me tho.. dropped this and won't buy anything more from "Millarverse"
    I'm still having a hard time understanding why you won't pick up any Millarverse stuff. I mean, Millar said that he is making it so ALL of his books and finished/mostly finished before a new series begins. This is created to solve this exact problem. It's one thing to not like the book, but if you like it and are just upset over it taking a while, his new method should be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I'm still having a hard time understanding why you won't pick up any Millarverse stuff. I mean, Millar said that he is making it so ALL of his books and finished/mostly finished before a new series begins. This is created to solve this exact problem. It's one thing to not like the book, but if you like it and are just upset over it taking a while, his new method should be right up your alley.
    he's said this before. Stop making excuses for him.

he also knew exactly what kind of mess he was getting into prior to committing to a 6week per issue schedule with Jupiter's Legacy.

the other Millarworld books have been coming out late too!

These dates are all direct from Image's Website.

MPH:
    #1 5/28/14
    #2 6/18/14
    #3 9/10/14 (so from 1 month between issues to suddenly 3)
    #4 11/12/14 (2 months between issues)
    #5 planned for 2/11/15 (3 months)

Starlight:

#1 3/5/14
    #2 4/2/14
    #3 5/14/14 (so a slight slip (1 week) from monthly sched, but not bad and totally not worth complaining about)
    #4 6/11/14 (back on track monthly)
    #5 8/13/15 (oops. . )
    #6 10/22/15. . .. (so this is bi-monthly suddenly? AND, just like Jupiter's Legacy, it's suddenly a double size issue, claiming the story "concludes")
    #7 nowhere on Image's schedule, and it's been 3 months.
    (the TPB as solicited only includes issues 1-5 (due out 2/11/15), I'm not buying the "it was a mini-series" excuse).

you wanna show Jupiter's Legacy as well just for comparison? (remember, this one was solicited as every 6 weeks)
    #1 4/24/13
    #2 6/26/13 (ok, 8 weeks instead of 6. . why would they even solicit if they didn't have a few books ready to go?. . but ok, not too bad)
    #3 9/25/13 (now instead of 6 weeks, it's 12 weeks between issues?)
    #4 3/5/14 (almost 6 MONTHS between issues. So long, Image published "legacy" editions of the 1st issue in December to remind everyone what happened)
    #5 1/14/15 (oops. . 10 months between issues)

as I said.. I don't understand how others AREN'T so pissed they have sworn off Millar books.

Snarky answer - because we're adults and have lives beyond waiting for a comic book to come out.

Honest answer - Close to the snarky one, but a little different. Who cares how long it takes to come out? I mean, really. Does it affect your life? No. To address an issue from another thread, the solicitation is not a promise between you and the creative team. It is a tentative schedule arranged between the publisher and the retailer. Your contract is between your retailer and yourself. Don't assume otherwise.

The collected edition is the only thing that matters in perpetuity anyway. Watchmen didn't come out on time. DKR didn't come out on time. TMNT barely kept a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    Snarky answer - because we're adults and have lives beyond waiting for a comic book to come out.

Honest answer - Close to the snarky one, but a little different. Who cares how long it takes to come out? I mean, really. Does it affect your life? No. To address an issue from another thread, the solicitation is not a promise between you and the creative team. It is a tentative schedule arranged between the publisher and the retailer. Your contract is between your retailer and yourself. Don't assume otherwise.

The collected edition is the only thing that matters in perpetuity anyway. Watchmen didn't come out on time. DKR didn't come out on time. TMNT barely kept a schedule.
    total disagreement.

the solicitation is a promise between the creators and the customer that a story that we invest money into will finish (in the time quoted).

I spend a LOT of money on comics. I won't spend any more money on Millar books. He does not hold up his end of the commitment.

I would not have purchased one issue of Jupiter's Legacy (trust me, I have more than enough to read that I can easily trade wait), but I support the monthlies to help support my local (semi-local, as i order from Dallas) shop.

I DID support it, as it was solicited as 12 issues on a 6 week schedule. And was lied to.

it really is that easy.

and if you don't see it that way? well, more power to you, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

but Millar won't be getting any more of my money. Not for MPH, or anything else he does in the future.

plenty of other books (that can keep to a schedule) come out for me to support.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    total disagreement.

the solicitation is a promise between the creators and the customer that a story that we invest money into will finish (in the time quoted).

I spend a LOT of money on comics. I won't spend any more money on Millar books. He does not hold up his end of the commitment.

I would not have purchased one issue of Jupiter's Legacy (trust me, I have more than enough to read that I can easily trade wait), but I support the monthlies to help support my local (semi-local, as i order from Dallas) shop.

I DID support it, as it was solicited as 12 issues on a 6 week schedule. And was lied to.

it really is that easy.

and if you don't see it that way? well, more power to you, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

but Millar won't be getting any more of my money. Not for MPH, or anything else he does in the future.

plenty of other books (that can keep to a schedule) come out for me to support.
    But you are not the customer. The retailer is the customer. You weren't lied to. There was no promise. No commitment. I'm sorry you don't understand that, but its true.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-14-2015 at 10:06 AM.