Default This might be a dumb question but....

This is a probably very amateur question but how does no one realize that Peter Parker and Spider-Man sound the same? Sorry if it's obvious I'll probably delete this when I get an answer

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

The mask muffles his voice, which can make it unidentifiable. It probably has more of an effect in the comics, as you can't really tell the difference between the two in the movies, granted with the mask it is slightly obscured, but the two still sound very similar.

Oh alright, yea he sounds very similar just figured someone must surely have heard both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    The mask muffles his voice, which can make it unidentifiable. It probably has more of an effect in the comics, as you can't really tell the difference between the two in the movies, granted with the mask it is slightly obscured, but the two still sound very similar.

Fantastic Member

In every movie version so far, everyone who has heard both Pete speak and Spidey speak were aware at one point or another they were the exact same person anyway! Otherwise it is like the train scene in SM2 - all of those people have seen Peter's face, doesn't mean they know whose that face is. They hear a voice, they'd have to hear Peter saying the same words a similar way to make any kind of jump beyond (possibly) guessing where he's from. Most supervillains don't really listen well to others!

BANNED

i was embarrassed for movie-Harry not recognizing that it was Peter dressed as Spider-man hanging out in his living room. the voice, build, and mannerisms were unmistakable.