Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Terror Inc #10 Apr 1993
    Defensive Portfolio
    Terror takes on Wolverine when each suspects that the other is a killer!

Hydra appearance.

Written by D.G. Chichester. Art by Richard Pace and Temujin.

Really wish they hadn't ditched the original 'Mercs for Money' Terror had a good spot there. I think he'll be popping up in Deadpool 300 though.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I wish they had given Astrid Mordo a better run. Astrid is the daughter of Baron Karl Mordo. The Baron put her into a mystic coma in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #87. The same issue in which Baron Mordo died.

And then, when the Doctor Strange book was revived, Aaron brought back Baron Mordo with exactly zero explanation as to why he was not dead. No surprise: Aaron never gave a [bleep] about the character of Strange, so of course he didn't bother to research Mordo to any great extent...like checking to see if he was alive.

But, back on topic: Baron Mordo has long faded as a decent opponent for Doctor Strange, but Astrid is depicted as being far more merciless than Karl (and far more driven to kill Strange). But, of course, if Karl's death was forgotten, obviously subsidiary characters introduced at the time of his death were similar forgotten.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Triathlon ....

BANNED

Ka-Zar #12 Apr 1998
    Earth Mother
    Ka-Zar seeks the aid of the High Evolutionary in removing the power of the terraformer from Shanna.

Script by Mark Waid, pencils by Louis Small Jr., inks by Jesse Delperdang and Phyllis Novin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I have to go with the original Toxin host, Pat Mulligan. He was one of the few truly noble symbiote hosts, and I think there could have been some interesting stories about him. Unfortunately, he got killed off-panel by Mephisto:

That sucks.
    Then there was another noble symbiote host, Scott Washington, who bonded with four of the five Life Foundation symbiotes to form Hybrid. He mostly stuck to fighting crime in his own neighborhood, but was then gunned down by Eddie Brock as a precursor to a story that I don't think was even ever written:

Whaaaat?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I'd love to see the return of Steve Gerber's Omen and the Legion of Night. To the best of my knowledge they only appeared in their 2-iisue miniseries back in 1991, although Jennifer Kale may have popped up elsewhere.

There's a lot of potential to create a really great horror book with Omen.

Attachment 62140
    Didn't know this thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Moses Magnum.

Guy doesn't deserve to be treated as a Z-Lister. Expand on his weapon dealing, update his origin due to the sliding timescale and make him a major player in the MU.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Yeah, especially with Apocalypse being behind his powers. With him trying to get away from En Saba Nur early in the Busiek/Perez run of AVENGERS, I figured he'd be a factor in any of Apocalypse's future plans, even becoming the new War in the Four Horsemen. His arms dealing and power set make him a tough customer on multiple fronts.
    The character is to be used again for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Umar and Calypso come to mind. I'd love the former to return to torment Doctor Strange and the latter to be an antagonist to Brother Voodoo. It's been some time since either practitioner of the dark arts has been seen. I'd love them back.
    Me too!

BANNED

Machine Man #2 May 1978
    "House of Nightmares"
    The troops of Colonel Kragg have tracked down Machine Man to a garage;

Machine Man escapes on wheels and heads towards Central City;

Machine Man looks up Peter Spalding.

Script and pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

Winda Wester, we want you back!

BANNED

Amazing Adventures #18 May 1973
    First appearance of Killraven in "The War of the Worlds!"
    New York City, 2018 AD. Killraven fights his way through a subway tunnel against a gang led by Scrapper;

He enters an empty Grand Central Station to find the Keeper, who unleashes a few mutants against him;
    Killraven blasts a hole in the Keeper's wall, thus emptying his weapon; While the Keeper shoots at him, he throws a sharp piece of machinery and impales his enemy;

Astonishingly, the man thanks him and tells him a story about 1901, when Martians invaded Earth;

Inspired by the H.G. Wells novel. Article by Roy Thomas describing the creative process that led to the book.

Script by Roy Thomas (Plot), Neal Adams (Plot), and Gerry Conway (Script), pencils by Neal Adams (pp 1-11) and Howard Chaykin (pp 12-20), inks by Frank Chiaramonte

BANNED

Terror Inc #11 May 1993
    For Love Nor Money: Part 1 of 6: Mercenary Tendencies
    The six-part Big Guns crossover kicks off, running through Cage, Terror, Inc. and Silver Sable and the Wild Pack.

Hired by anti-religious forces to recover a powerful relic,

Terror finds himself banging heads with the most lethal mercenaries in the Marvel Universe!

Continues in Cage #15.

Written by D.G. Chichester. Art by Richard Pace and Temujin.

BANNED

Ka-Zar #13 May 1998
    The Politics of Evolution
    Ka-Zar convinces Shanna to relinquish her newfound power,

but the High Evolutionary has other ideas.

Script by Mark Waid, pencils by Aaron Lopresti, inks by Randy Emberlin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just bring all Dorm's family back, I miss them all, especially Clea.
    Since Stephen already sent Dorm to have a cup of tea with Shuma-Gorath, the throne of Dark Dimension should be empty.
    Love to see the Dark Dimension show up in the pages of whatever marvel comic series.

BANNED

Machine Man #3 Jun 1978
    "Ten-For, the Mean Machine"
    From across the universe,

comes the malevolent menace of...Ten-For, the Mean Machine!

Script and pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

BANNED

Terror Inc #12 Jun 1993
    For Love Nor Money: Part 4 of 6: Corporate Intimacy
    Terror is back from the dead again

to rescue Cage and Silver Sable from Priapus' deadly trap!

Continues in Cage #16.

Written by D.G. Chichester. Art by Kirk Van Wormer, Temujin, Bud LaRosa and Steve George.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Amazing Adventures #18 May 1973
    First appearance of Killraven in "The War of the Worlds!"
    New York City, 2018 AD. Killraven fights his way through a subway tunnel against a gang led by Scrapper;

He enters an empty Grand Central Station to find the Keeper, who unleashes a few mutants against him;
    Killraven blasts a hole in the Keeper's wall, thus emptying his weapon; While the Keeper shoots at him, he throws a sharp piece of machinery and impales his enemy;

Astonishingly, the man thanks him and tells him a story about 1901, when Martians invaded Earth;

Inspired by the H.G. Wells novel. Article by Roy Thomas describing the creative process that led to the book.

Script by Roy Thomas (Plot), Neal Adams (Plot), and Gerry Conway (Script), pencils by Neal Adams (pp 1-11) and Howard Chaykin (pp 12-20), inks by Frank Chiaramonte
    Always a big fan of the original alien invaders, the Martians, from War of the Worlds along with Killraven and his fellow Freemen. There's a lot of love for Johnathon Raven and his enemies out there, from fans and professionals alike. But they don't seem to get too far. The recent cancelled ALL-NEW INVADERS had it's big Martian Invasion arc cut off right before the book was canned. Rob Liefield and Robert Kirkman had a mini series written and drawn but that hasn't been released. Even Grant Morrison and Mark Miller had a pitch for WAR OF THE WORLDS 2099 in which the it was supposed be revealed that the Marvel Universe of 2099 was the future of Killraven successful battle with the Martians. And also Paul Phillip Ravage, a.k.a. Ravage 2099, was intended be Killraven's grandson. Back during the all too brief heyday of Dan Abbnet and Andy Lanning's Cosmic Marvel's resurgence, and in the wake of events like the duo of ANNIHILATIONS and WAR OF KINGS . I thought having the Martians laying siege to the Kree, Shi'Ar, Skrulls, the Guardians of the Galaxy ,and Nova would be a cool shift in gears for the Martians instead of dropping on Earth yet again.