Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Oh NO!!! the wild and wacky future of 2018?!?!

I always find it kind of funny reading dates like that in past comics. I'm still a little stunned when I realize that Iron Man 2020 is just about here...
    Okay, we need a gag panel next year of Tony wearing this very same suit. lol

Incredible Member

Lady Octopus. Carolyn Trainer, devotee, and henchwoman to Otto Octavius. Who took on the mantel of her mentor after Doc Ock was killed for a while by the original clone of Spider-Man, Kaine. Since he was resurrected, Trainer went by the name Lady Octopus. but has only popped up here or there for basically somewhat extended cameos in SECRET WAR and BLACK PANTHER. With Doc Ock passing again, and becoming the Superior Spider-Man. It seemed like a missed opportunity not to have used here during that storyline looking carry on her mentor's legacy. Not to mention with her father, Dr. Seward Trainer, the other Spider-Clone, Ben Reilly's friend, confident. One would think she'd show up to either menace Ben or Kaine during their recent turns as the Scarlet-Spider. Then with Octavius' going back to be the Superior Spider-Man, it wouldn't be too out there for Lady Ock to show up feeling her idol is letting down, and wanting to become the Superior Octopus now. Also I figured with Liv Octavius, another female Doctor Octopus, popping up in Spider-Man:Into the Spider-Verse. Trainer would get another look.

Leila Taylor - Sam (Falcon) Wilson's girlfriend. She just disappeared.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

I'd like the Leila Taylor marvel character to show up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

BANNED

Captain America #230 Feb 1979
    "Assault on Alcatraz!" Guest-starring the Hulk.
    Captain America, Marvel Man and Vamp take a guided tour of Alcatraz.
    Corporation agents abduct Bruce Banner and his friend, Fred Sloan, and take them to their HQ beneath Alcatraz.
    Cap, Marvel Man and Vamp infiltrate the base, but Marvel Man's eagerness gives away their element of surprise.
    They storm the bunker to find Falcon chained to sea gates.
    Corporation manager Curtiss Jackson explains that Falcon and Banner are bait for Falcon's nephew,

Jim Wilson, a former associate. Kligger, a rival Corporation executive, appears with Moonstone
    and their captive, Jim Wilson. Kligger proposes a trade of Jim for Cap,

and Vamp reveals herself as Kligger's operative. Cap and Marvel Man fight back and Banner turns into the Hulk and joins the melee.

The confused Hulk dispatches Cap and Marvel Man and Kligger turns Vamp into the monstrous Animus to help Moonstone defeat the Hulk.
    With the heroes unconscious, Jackson opens the sea gates and water rushes into the chamber.

Plot by Roger McKenzie. Script by Roger Stern. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Don Perlin (finishes).

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #232 Feb 1979
    "The Battle Below!" Guest-starring Captain America, Falcon and Marvel Man.
    The Green Goliath and the Sentinel of Liberty, along with their ally, Marvel Man,

are at the mercy of the woman-thing known as Animus and the villainous Moonstone.

Can they revive themselves and gain the upper-hand in time to save Cap's partner the Falcon?

Story by Roger Stern and David Michelinie. Art by Sal Buscema and Mike Esposito.

BANNED

I agree that the marvel character Patriot is forgotten and forsaken. I have no liking for that eye mask look though.
    If the character is to be in the spotlight then please with his full face mask look.
    muuuuch better look to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me, understand how there's any legal issue around Isiah and 'The Truth' mini.

Everything about the story depends on Captain America, a Marvel copyright. The characters are 100% human in appearance.

Did Marvel's lawyers just not bother?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me, understand how there's any legal issue around Isiah and 'The Truth' mini.

Everything about the story depends on Captain America, a Marvel copyright. The characters are 100% human in appearance.

Did Marvel's lawyers just not bother?
    I have no idea. Maybe it's royalties or something with the writer's family? I just read an interesting interview with Dave Cockrum's widow where she mentioned that in his will, Dave got the royalties he received for Nightcrawler transferred to her, and that she believed the reason Marvel hadn't done any new Nightcrawler merchandise in such a while was so they wouldn't have to make good on that agreement (they just revealed the first new Nightcrawler toy in YEARS at Toy Fair in February).

The fact that Marvel went and just slapped the Patriot name onto a new character (who they're already putting in cartoons and video games and making toys of) had me speculating something similar happened with the characters tied to Truth.

Posting on the Original Guardians of the Galaxy thread, I mentioned:
    I have been re-reading my Doctor Strange collection. I am now up to reading the original GotG books (ca. 1991-92) that introduced Krugarr, the future Sorcerer Supreme (taught by his mentor, the Ancient One--one Stephen Strange). Another character sadly forgotten.
    Even when Dr. Strange was doing a lot of time traveling a little while back (in the "Sorcerers Supreme" mini) Krugarr didn't even merit a mention.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Oh NO!!! the wild and wacky future of 2018?!?!

I always find it kind of funny reading dates like that in past comics. I'm still a little stunned when I realize that Iron Man 2020 is just about here...
    There've been some adverts in the Marvel Previews catalog, 2020 Approaches. So Arno Stark fans might be seeing something big coming around the corner.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Posting on the Original Guardians of the Galaxy thread, I mentioned:
    Even when Dr. Strange was doing a lot of time traveling a little while back (in the "Sorcerers Supreme" mini) Krugarr didn't even merit a mention.
    Krugar had a cameo in one of the mid-credit scenes in GUARDIANS Vol.2. In the movies I know, but I was very pleasantly surprised to see him with the old gang.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I agree that the marvel character Patriot is forgotten and forsaken. I have no liking for that eye mask look though.
    If the character is to be in the spotlight then please with his full face mask look.
    muuuuch better look to me.
    Agreed. I much preferred his original look.

Peace