Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

You mean this?

I know this presentation was written by a woman, and she only had one page to give current readers a snapshot into the character, but I think she should have gone in a different direction. Show us why BP deserves to be a headliner in the current era. Or better yet, give us a one pager with BP and all of her girls having a reunion against a modern era foe. You'd be surprised how much story you can tell effectively with just one page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Namora and Venus are still around (Agents of Atlas). Sun Girl was replaced by a legacy hero in the last New Warriors series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Kristoff Vernard...after She-Hulk helped him break away from Papa Doom to make his own way...he has not really shown up. Would love to see what his own path turned out to be. It would have been interesting (to me) if he had shown up in the Doom series and took over Latveria while Victor was imprisoned/on the run.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-16-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namora and Venus are still around (Agents of Atlas). Sun Girl was replaced by a legacy hero in the last New Warriors series.
    Yep. I think Blonde Phantom was simply lamenting the fact that all 4 of them haven't teamed up. Not sure if Marvel has a modern "Golden Girls" zeitgeist in them.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So anything become of Micromax after Excalibur became an X - Book? I think he has made a comeback in the Marvel Uk revival but did it stick?

Oh! I almost forgot! I've been thinking of Spellbound lately!

Extraordinary Member

Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think that Sun Girl was a legacy character. But Su Girl does have a granddaughter who was introduced in Invaders, IIRC

Spectacular Member

I would agree with the Rita DeMara version of Yellowjacket. I'm not big on returning characters from the dead but I'd make an exception for her. A fun character. Conversely I probably wouldn't bring back Turner D. Century from the dead but I would love to see him in a time travel story. One character I'd love to see someone try to revive in the modern era because it's an old school bulky computer is the Spider-Man villain WHO.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Dakota North
    Agreed. I really miss the relationship she built with Matt Murdock. Hopefully someday, Dakota North will be brought back soon.

pickles.jpg

Pickles, the Bamf that rides around with Beast.

BANNED

Strange Tales #178 Feb 1975
    "Who Is Adam Warlock?"
    Sphinxor tells of Adam’s origin in the Hive, when he was only known as Him,
    which occured in Fantastic Four # 66 & 67.
    He also tells of his battle against Thor in Thor # 165 & 166.
    Then he recaps his encounter with the High Evolutionary
    and how he became the savior of Counter-Earth
    and his epic battle against the Man-Beast in Marvel Premiere # 1 & 2.
    Finally he touches base with Warlock's short lived title, Warlock # 1 – 8
    and his final appearance in Hulk # 176 – 178.

Then quickly the scene shifts to a barren planetoid in the present with three “hunters” pursuing a woman.
    She trips and suddenly Warlock appears standing over her!

She quickly explains that she has crossed a dozen galaxies and searched a thousand worlds seeking him.
    Warlock battles the three hunters but fails to save the girl before the three teleport away.

Warlock then is forced to use his Soul Gem to re-animate the girl from death, so that she can tell her story.
    She reveals the reason she was searching for Warlock, and speaks of the Hell that is taking place across the universe.
    The rise of the Universal Church and it’s leader, The Magus!

Somehow, The Magus imposes himself through the girl and appears before Warlock.
    He reveals to Adam the secret of the Magus, which itself is a further mystery.

The name Magus in Latin means wise man, or magician, or warlock!
    In a nutshell, Magus reveals that he is Warlock, that they are one and the same being!

Script and art by Jim Starlin

Incredible Member

I think your thinking of Radiance from the sadly cut short ALL-NEW INVADERS series. She was the grand daughter of the WWII heroine Golden Girl. I was also a bit of a fan of New Warriors' own Sun Girl as well. Basically Riri Williams done right.

A bit down the obscurity bin. With the news of the new WEREWOLF BY NIGHT ! series coming up focusing on Red Wolf and a newly awakened lycanthrope of Native American descent. And the back and forth controversy over diversity. I couldn't help but be reminded of a dangling plot thread left in the late 1990's SPIDER-WOMAN series featuring the third character to go under that moniker, Mattie Franklin. J. Jonah Jameson's step-daughter. Who was killed in by the Kravinoff Family to resurrect their patriarch. Then cloned, and killed again in THE CLONE CONSPIRACY. In the course of SPIDER-WOMAN series, Mattie became friends with a classmate at her school named Cheryl Lansing. They ended getting involved on a case involving a werewolf, and by the storyline's end Mattie's friend ended up being infected with lycanthropy. The mag ended before Cheryl's first transformation. The book also put out there that Cheryl was actually looking at Mattie as more than a friend. Maybe a bit too obscure, I could see Lansing being introduced under a new WBN ,playing around with her from her transformation, and the loss of the girl she was carrying a torch for. What that would do to a rather introverted person.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 02-19-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Incredible Member

The Bloodstones in general, I feel like Marvel could play them off as their version of the Belmont Clan or Winchesters with a little work.

BANNED

The marvel character Dakota North is to me a terrific substitute for the marvel character Jessica Jones, to headline her own Disney+ series.

BANNED

Captain Britain (Brian Braddock)
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
    Prince of Orphans (John Aman)

come to mind...