Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

It hasn't quite happened yet, but like the Mutants they have created more Inhumans for teams that eventually were disbanded (or books that were cancelled) than we are seeing moving forward. One of these, and a character that I have been a big fan of, is Naja.

Sure, Iso and Nur are in the same boat... but Naja has always struck me as a fascinating character. Part of this is how her background has never been stated outright but it is pretty easy to piece together a rough sketch with a bit of effort and I think it would have been great to see it develop over time. Another is I think she has an interesting character design, serpent people usually being a villian mainstay.

She hasn't been dispatched quite yet (though with the current event it might be something more than just being forgotten) but she is absent from any materials going forward and I am disappointed that there will be a time without her big pointy-teethed smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    It hasn't quite happened yet, but like the Mutants they have created more Inhumans for teams that eventually were disbanded (or books that were cancelled) than we are seeing moving forward. One of these, and a character that I have been a big fan of, is Naja.

Sure, Iso and Nur are in the same boat... but Naja has always struck me as a fascinating character. Part of this is how her background has never been stated outright but it is pretty easy to piece together a rough sketch with a bit of effort and I think it would have been great to see it develop over time. Another is I think she has an interesting character design, serpent people usually being a villian mainstay.

She hasn't been dispatched quite yet (though with the current event it might be something more than just being forgotten) but she is absent from any materials going forward and I am disappointed that there will be a time without her big pointy-teethed smile.
    I agree. I am not a huge Inhuman fan, but Naja was one of the most interesting characters in the books for most of the reason you stated. I hope she does find a place post-IVX.

So Many. I can't even make a list right now.

Corvus got to posthumously show off how he kicked both Ebony Maw and Thane's asses in Thanos #4, so I'm somewhat satisfied. Hoping for some explanation as to why Proxima wasn't with him in the 8 month interim, which is just going to continue to bother me because of my obsession with villainous couples I guess.

(Only impending release of Isabella von Carstein for Total Warhammer can tide me over. At least Vlad and Isabella get to be together...I'm somewhat amused that Vlad actually looks suspiciously similar to Corvus now that I think about it...both are fanged and grey-skinned...both Generals...even the same costume color scheme of black/gold...and the same 'immortality through an item' trait...same tendency to fight alongside their wives...Wait. A. Minute.)

((Well jeez, their armor really is almost identical: Corvus (TCG?) compared to Vlad von Carstein (TTW) . Was Corvus/Prox some kind of homage to Warhammer's Vlad/Isabella von Carstein this whole damn time!?))
    Last edited by Byakko; 02-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Greg Capullo!!!

Quasar finds Jack Of Hearts leading a rag-tag group of tethered spaceship hulls.

He confronts Jack, who responds with naked aggression having taxed his powers and patience to the limit on his trip from the Stranger’s lab world.

After a brief struggle Jack finds himself betrayed by two other members of the entourage The Presence and Red Guardian II.

From Quasar #19. Written by Mark Gruenwald & art by Greg Capullo http://facts.be/guest-archive/greg-capullo/

Man I LOVED that Quasar costume. Only had 2 or 3 books with him in it... but that was my favorite look for him.

BANNED

I liked it as well.

Incredible Member

Most of the first three line-ups of New Warriors.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    She was one of the henchmen of Selene the Black Queen during the run up, and the NECROSHA X-Crossover itself.
    She also became a member of the New Mutants (2009 series) for the last couple years of that book. Not a good book at all, but she was there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post
    Two words...........................Fantastic Four.
    Hear! hear!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Marie Severin!!!

Sub-Mariner #19 Nov 1969
    1st appearance of Sting Ray in "Support Your Local Sting-Ray"

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Marie Severin, inks by Johnny Craig
    http://comicsalliance.com/marie-severin-art-gallery/
    http://13thdimension.com/kirby-100-m...e-to-the-king/

Vox, Prima Donna, Starsign

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Vox, Prima Donna, Starsign
    I'm pretending that all 3 were actually foreigners and went back to be superheroes in their home countries; to be seen later. or maybe they were recruited to be superheroes in other countries. i want the Marvel Universe to seem larger. and Italy is really lacking in protectors; that code of silence guy wouldn't last very long against Unus the Untouchable.

BANNED

Has there ever been a marvel character adventuring in Italy?

BANNED

Ka-Zar #1 May 1997
    The Thrilling Return of Ka-Zar, Lord of the Savage Land!

Gregor arms the N'Gala tribe with laser rifles and sends them against Ka-Zar.

Script by Mark Waid, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Jesse Delperdang
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-13-2017 at 02:58 PM.