Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Darkhawk.

He had such a good story setup during the Realm of Kings event that just got pitched aside. Apart from the absolutely horrible use he received during Avengers Arena he's been unused since.

To me with his background and abilities he had the potential to be marvel's next cosmic based star.Attachment 62113
    Darkhawk is getting a new tie in mini with the Infinity Countdown event coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Something I would love to see Marvel touch on again is the First Line from Marvel: The Lost Generation. It was a team that fills the gap between the WW2 heroes and the coming of Fantastic Four. John Byrne did a 12 issue mini series about these characters taking place in the 50's-80's. In the end almost every hero of the series died in an early Skrull invasion with just a couple of survivors like the Eternals Markari and Pixie and the time lost Yankee Clipper. Byrne created such a wide tapestry of heros and illains for this series and it is just such a long period of time that marvel could play with.

Byrne and Roger Stern. Byrne was mostly on art (though I'm sure he put in a few ideas). Stern wrote it.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Byrne and Roger Stern. Byrne was mostly on art (though I'm sure he put in a few ideas). Stern wrote it.

Peace
    I totally forget that Stern was involved. For some reason I just always thought of it as a Byrne solo book.

Incredible Member

Something I would love to see Marvel touch on again is the First Line from Marvel: The Lost Generation. It was a team that fills the gap between the WW2 heroes and the coming of Fantastic Four. John Byrne did a 12 issue mini series about these characters taking place in the 50's-80's. In the end almost every hero of the series died in an early Skrull invasion with just a couple of survivors like the Eternals Markari and Pixie and the time lost Yankee Clipper. Byrne created such a wide tapestry of heroes and villains for this series and it is just such a long period of time that marvel could play with.

Yeti, who turned out to be an Inhuman, survived the end/beginning of the series, showed up in Byrne's X-MEN:THE HIDDEN YEARS. Another MARVEL:The Lost Generation character that would be interesting to see brought back from the obscurity bin, is criminal mastermind Nocturne. Arch foe of the First Line who's method of operations made his enemies think he was pretending to be a vampire. But was actually a vampire, pretending to be a guy prentending to be a vampire. With the spell cast at the end of the Marc Guggenheim written BLADE comic series resurrecting all the Earth's vamps, it would be too hard to bring Nocturne back as a threat.

Ultimate Member

Something I would love to see Marvel touch on again is the First Line from Marvel: The Lost Generation. It was a team that fills the gap between the WW2 heroes and the coming of Fantastic Four. John Byrne did a 12 issue mini series about these characters taking place in the 50's-80's. In the end almost every hero of the series died in an early Skrull invasion with just a couple of survivors like the Eternals Markari and Pixie and the time lost Yankee Clipper. Byrne created such a wide tapestry of heros and illains for this series and it is just such a long period of time that marvel could play with.

I always thought this was an excellent mini, before Byrne went cray-cray.

Shame the plot points were never picked up on.

Astonishing Member

Are Gilgamesh and Eternals applicable here. Druig would make a good doctor doom level villan.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I have to go with the original Toxin host, Pat Mulligan. He was one of the few truly noble symbiote hosts, and I think there could have been some interesting stories about him. Unfortunately, he got killed off-panel by Mephisto:

Then there was another noble symbiote host, Scott Washington, who bonded with four of the five Life Foundation symbiotes to form Hybrid. He mostly stuck to fighting crime in his own neighborhood, but was then gunned down by Eddie Brock as a precursor to a story that I don't think was even ever written:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'd love to see the return of Steve Gerber's Omen and the Legion of Night. To the best of my knowledge they only appeared in their 2-iisue miniseries back in 1991, although Jennifer Kale may have popped up elsewhere.

There's a lot of potential to create a really great horror book with Omen.

61394-4597-94389-1-legion-of-night-the.jpg

BANNED

Ka-Zar #9 Jan 1998
    It's A Jungle Out There
    As Shanna searches for the source of the terraforming machine's power,

Ka-Zar confronts Parnival and learns of Thanos' involvement.

Script by Mark Waid, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Jesse Delperdang

Moses Magnum.

Guy doesn't deserve to be treated as a Z-Lister. Expand on his weapon dealing, update his origin due to the sliding timescale and make him a major player in the MU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Moses Magnum.

Guy doesn't deserve to be treated as a Z-Lister. Expand on his weapon dealing, update his origin due to the sliding timescale and make him a major player in the MU.
    Yeah, especially with Apocalypse being behind his powers. With him trying to get away from En Saba Nur early in the Busiek/Perez run of AVENGERS, I figured he'd be a factor in any of Apocalypse's future plans, even becoming the new War in the Four Horsemen. His arms dealing and power set make him a tough customer on multiple fronts.

BANNED

Terror Inc #8 Feb 1993
    The Gift of the Maggia
    A framed mobster is executed by the state.

His last request was to have Terror take his parts and give him one last holiday with his family...

and take revenge on the gangsters who framed him.

Written by D.G. Chichester. Art by Horacio Ottolini.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Andy Kubert!!!

Ka-Zar #10 Feb 1998
    Outgrowth
    Thanos chases Ka-Zar across time and space

as SHIELD carries the terraformer back to the Savage Land.

Script by Mark Waid, pencils by Andy Kubert http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_andy_kubert/, inks by Jesse Delperdang

BANNED

Umar and Calypso come to mind. I'd love the former to return to torment Doctor Strange and the latter to be an antagonist to Brother Voodoo. It's been some time since either practitioner of the dark arts has been seen. I'd love them back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Umar and Calypso come to mind. I'd love the former to return to torment Doctor Strange and the latter to be an antagonist to Brother Voodoo. It's been some time since either practitioner of the dark arts has been seen. I'd love them back.
    Just bring all Dorm's family back, I miss them all, especially Clea.
    Since Stephen already sent Dorm to have a cup of tea with Shuma-Gorath, the throne of Dark Dimension should be empty.