Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Barry Windsor-Smith!!!

Machine Man 4 issue miniseries
    Writer: Tom DeFalco (issue # co-plotted by Barry Windsor-Smith) Artist(s): HerbTrimpe (breakdowns) and Barry Windsor-Smith (finished art)

Jack Kirby’s creation, Machine Man, first appeared in the movie tie-in 2001: A Space Odyssey #8. Machine Man earned his own series in early 1978, but it would be canceled after 19 issues. All you really need to know is that Machine Man is the only survivor of a secret US military robot project. Machine Man eluded the US military and did his best to become human, which were his creator’s final words who had died saving him.

This limited series takes place in a distopian, corporate future, where a group of technology raiders, known as the "Midnight Wreckers" recover the disassembled remains of Machine Man from a Baintronics dump. They reassemble him and reactivate Machine Man. He makes an immediate impact helping defeat the Baintronics agents sent to capture the Wreckers. Machine Man finds his older partner Gears Gavin alive and leading the raiders against Baintronics. Machine Man joins their cause and confronts Sunset Bain, who pits Arno Stark, the Iron Man of 2020 after him.

Machine Man defeats Stark and forces Bain to capitulate.

The finished art by Barry Windsor-Smith is breathtaking and lavish and rises above Trimpe’s stiff breakdowns.http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....windsor_smith/

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Julia Carpenter was the only Spider-Woman I knew when I was a kid, and she was a compelling character to me. Now, she's barely a peripheral Spider-Man supporting character. Though I have since grown to like Jessica Drew as well, Julia Carpenter will always be Spider-Woman to me.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

I really loved Ka-Zar in the 80s. The Savage Land & Pangea locals were exotic. Shanna was especially sexy & I wanted my own Zabu.
    031.jpg

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I miss Darkhawk. Sue me.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I miss Darkhawk. Sue me.
    You're not the only ones who miss him, so we DH Fans won't.

BANNED

Well, Nate. Grey. X-Man. Demoted to being a depowered (true) 'clone' (false/wrong) according to people in the current year version of things.

I miss Jack of hearts.

He's a very likeable character, and the way his powers can be dangerous makes him even more interesting.

They resurrected him in Marvel Zombies books... But those books are sadly not canon

I also miss Madison Jeffries as Box. A technopath inside a robot, the concept was awesome !!

Someone already mentioned Makkari...

They spent an entire mini series establishing her as an anti-hero and then never used her.

Galina Nemirovsky - Ultra-Dynamo

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Herbert William "Herb" Trimpe!!!

Thanks for co-creating Doc Samson!

Camilla Black/Scorpion - with the initiative to appeal to the YA female readers, this gal should be featured prominently somewhere. She'd fall in well with the current Spider-Woman volume as Jessica's protege and I've always connected them because of their genetic engineer origins and toxin based powers. Or fold her in with the Hulk family given her relation to Banner.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Carmilla_Black_(Earth-616)

Nemesis from Alpha Flight - A visual design that always stuck with me, I preferred the mystical origins (bastard daughter of a serial killer cursed to seek justice) to the latter use of the identity as tech based...and then it went back to being something mystical again I think.
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/isabel...s/4005-125249/

Speaking of Alpha Flight - Punk Rock Marrina - all kinds of WIN.
    DIE
    HUMAN
    SCUM
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marrina...od_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    They spent an entire mini series establishing her as an anti-hero and then never used her.

Galina Nemirovsky - Ultra-Dynamo

Didn't she die? I thought that the original had to step back into the armor.

I miss shy and cute Marrina

BANNED

Man! I forgot how much I liked Spider-Woman's look! Thanks for posting that image.

BANNED

Happy 64th Birthday, Mike W. Barr!

The Shroud gets involved in a struggle between two rival mob leaders, and, although every new Marvel series must have a Spider-Man appearance by issue # 3 (or, for some periods in Marvel history, Punisher, Wolverine, or Ghost Rider), Spider-Man appears in all but one issue of the limited series.
    I never knew 'ol Mac Gargan was colorblind. -Because she is definitely NOT a blonde.