Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Swift Cloud - Jacali Kane (Earth-483) - Speedster, cowgirl.
    Introduced in Marvel Zombies 5, she comes from an old west type of earth and travelled with (Aaron Stack )Machine Man and Howard the Duck to alternate earths to eradicate zombie viruses. I thought she would make an appearance in one of the Battleworld minis, like 1872 but no, I guess Marvel has enough Native American heroines.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

Happy Birthday John Byrne!!!

Thanks for your art on The Champions # 11-15 and 17. http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_john_byrne/

Does anyone know what happened to Ultimate Jessica Drew who , for some reason, called herself Black Widow?

She was in the All New Ultimates with Cloak/ Dagger, Miles Morales and some others but since than I have not heard of her again, maybe I am reading the wrong books. So if anybody knows something, share your knowledge with me, please

she's dead along with most of the rest of Earth 1610/Ultimate.
    I surrender to the Contest

Incredible Member

Darkhawk (Chris Powell): introduced in the early 90's as Marvel's personal take on the Guyver, he served in his own solo series and a member of both the New Warriors and Loners. Despite having a pretty good run in both a solo series and as part of a team for some reason Chris has had much success in recent years, Dan Abnett was grooming him to be the next breakout character during War of Kings but apart from a few cameos in Nova during Realm of Kings Darkhawk just faded back into obscurity until Avengers Arena where he was made to look like a punk right from the get go. Would have figured he'd have found his way onto the Guardians by this point but he just keeps getting overlooked for some reason.

Black Knight (Dane Whitman): At one point he was a big deal and integral part of the Avengers for years. Now he can't even hold a series longer than 5 issues. BK has gone from being a somewhat notable hero and only person capable of wielding the Ebony Blade without succumbing to its corrupting effects to another victim, resigned to a relatively forgotten corner of the Marvel universe and barely holding on to his sanity.

Red Wolf: Essentially a dynasty of characters, the most recent incarnation being the time displaced warrior from 1872. Like Black Knight he's yet another obscure character who's chance to become anything beyond what little Marvel has done with him despite being their first Native American superhero. One would have figured he'd have been entitled to a little more respect.

Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch): Johnny Blaze is the character most people think of when someone mentions Ghost Rider, but a lot of people seem to have forgotten about how the 90's were dominated by Danny Ketch. Despite having a rather notable run Danny's been sidelined for quite a while, sporadically appearing just a handful of times in the recent years as a rather uncharacteristically stereotypical angry biker with an addiction to power. And while that might work for Breaking Bad and Son's of Anarchy I seem to remember Danny being a lot more grounded than that. Marvel doesn't even think to use him in a decent mentor role for any of the newer Ghost Riders, always pushing him to the side in order to give Johnny the spotlight.

Ghost Rider 2099 (Kenshiro "Zero" Cochrane): It seems that just about every character from 2099 has had made regular appearances through the years with the exception of Zero Cochrane. Outside of a few issues of Timestorm the Ghost Rider of 2099 has been mysteriously absent from Marvel's memory despite constantly revisiting the year and characters from 2099. You would think that he could have made an appearance in series like Exiles, Contest of Champions, or any of the comics dealing with the 2099 era. I don't know who we saw in Secret Wars: Ghost Riders but it sure as hell wasn't Zero.

Wild Thing (Rina Logan): Anyone else remember when the real Logan Legacy was his kid with Elecktra & Psylockes powers? Apparently not because despite plenty of opportunities she hasn't appeared in anything since they went away from the MC2 continuity, and that includes the several Spider-Girl series that have cropped up over the years.

Patriot (Eli Bradley): He is literally the only member of the Young Avengers to have fallen off the face of the earth who doesn't have the excuse of being dead, every other member of his team is either a mainstay or regular in an ongoing series except for him. I can't even begin to count all the times I've wondered where Eli's gotten off to or why Marvel hasn't brought him back into circulation, you would figure with the way Steve Rogers has his own entourage in his current series that maybe Marvel would have thought to pair Eli up with Sam or assign him to one of the various teams of teenagers they have running around.

Shang Chi: Honestly to me Secret Wars showed how awesome a fully realized Shang Chi could be, feels like if Marvel doesn't bring him back as the way he was there it'll be a huge step back for him.
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 07-06-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    she's dead along with most of the rest of Earth 1610/Ultimate.
    I was under the impression that All New Ultimates was already part of the new Continuity and that she was one of the people from 1610 who survived. But I was brand new to comics when I read it and in hindsight it seems rather obvious and the question kind of silly.

Thanks in any case!

BANNED

Default Ahead Of San Diego, Alan Moore’s Night Raven To Be Collected By Marvel For The First Time?

BANNED

I'd like to offer these two
    First of all Lord James Montgomery Falsworth the original Union Jack
    Union Jack.jpg
    Union Jack02.jpg

And his impressive daughter Lady Jacqueline AKA Spitfire
    Spitfire.jpg

Gunna Sijurvald aka Troll. Offspring of a captured Asgardian woman and a Troll. Raised by Trolls, feral, eats human flesh. Became a member of the Thunderbolts and grew attached to Songbird.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Swift Cloud - Jacali Kane (Earth-483) - Speedster, cowgirl.
    Introduced in Marvel Zombies 5, she comes from an old west type of earth and travelled with (Aaron Stack )Machine Man and Howard the Duck to alternate earths to eradicate zombie viruses. I thought she would make an appearance in one of the Battleworld minis, like 1872 but no, I guess Marvel has enough Native American heroines.

She's probably too overpowered for the main MU. Willingness (and skill) to use ranged weapons + some trick ammo like Hawkeye's + superspeed = 99% of the enemies are toast before they even know she's there.

Amazing Member

While I'm a huge fan of Dane Whitman, he just headlined a series. Neither forgotten nor forsaken. Poorly used, or at the end of his narrative. Same place, unfortunately, that Quasar ended up in. Achieved his potential, what story is left?

I didn't realize I missed Troll until I saw her mentioned in this thread. In this post-Civil War II world where the established heroes are dead or compromised, Troll and the surviving Avengers Initiative/Academy/Arena students could be given a chance to shine. Trauma, Hardball, Cloud Nine, Hazmat, Finesse, Troll, and Cullen Bloodstone would make an interesting "Young Thunderbolts". Son of Nightmare, Hydra agent, sniper, Radioactive Man homage, Taskmaster's maybe kid, Feral Asgardian, and kid possessed by a Cthulu.

After Secret Wars showed he was still usable, I'm going to say Doctor Zero would be a great machiavellian villain for the new Marvel. His whole M.O. back in the day was that his kind were overpowered, but stayed in the background. Make him a hero for the masses and a villain behind the scenes, and leave him in that status for a long long time. Even better, make it so he's a villain for the less accepted heroes. If Moon Knight and Hercules and maybe Scarlet Witch are the only ones saying you're a villain, who is going to believe those kooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Patriot (Eli Bradley): He is literally the only member of the Young Avengers to have fallen off the face of the earth who doesn't have the excuse of being dead, every other member of his team is either a mainstay or regular in an ongoing series except for him. I can't even begin to count all the times I've wondered where Eli's gotten off to or why Marvel hasn't brought him back into circulation, you would figure with the way Steve Rogers has his own entourage in his current series that maybe Marvel would have thought to pair Eli up with Sam or assign him to one of the various teams of teenagers they have running around.
    I completely agree. It seems bonkers how he has not been seen or even heard from since The Children's Crusade. It would be great if they explored how those event effected him, given how he kinda stopped mutants getting their powers back too. I love the idea of him being a side-kick of sorts to Cap Sam. I thought I read somewhere that the reason he did not appear in Kieron Gillen's Young Avengers series was because they had other plans for him. No idea if that's true though, and if it is they are taking their sweet time doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Classic Champions really had an AMAZING line-up.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I completely agree. It seems bonkers how he has not been seen or even heard from since The Children's Crusade. It would be great if they explored how those event effected him, given how he kinda stopped mutants getting their powers back too. I love the idea of him being a side-kick of sorts to Cap Sam. I thought I read somewhere that the reason he did not appear in Kieron Gillen's Young Avengers series was because they had other plans for him. No idea if that's true though, and if it is they are taking their sweet time doing it.
    they had about as much plans for him as DC did for Aqualad following Brightest Day. Marvel has had plenty of opportunities to bring Eli back and explore what he's been doing since Children's Crusade and thus far they haven't bothered to use him for anything. If anything now is the perfect time to be using him with all the young teams that are forming and Sam Wilson as acting Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWestPaladin View Post
    While I'm a huge fan of Dane Whitman, he just headlined a series. Neither forgotten nor forsaken. Poorly used, or at the end of his narrative. Same place, unfortunately, that Quasar ended up in. Achieved his potential, what story is left?

I didn't realize I missed Troll until I saw her mentioned in this thread. In this post-Civil War II world where the established heroes are dead or compromised, Troll and the surviving Avengers Initiative/Academy/Arena students could be given a chance to shine. Trauma, Hardball, Cloud Nine, Hazmat, Finesse, Troll, and Cullen Bloodstone would make an interesting "Young Thunderbolts". Son of Nightmare, Hydra agent, sniper, Radioactive Man homage, Taskmaster's maybe kid, Feral Asgardian, and kid possessed by a Cthulu.

After Secret Wars showed he was still usable, I'm going to say Doctor Zero would be a great machiavellian villain for the new Marvel. His whole M.O. back in the day was that his kind were overpowered, but stayed in the background. Make him a hero for the masses and a villain behind the scenes, and leave him in that status for a long long time. Even better, make it so he's a villain for the less accepted heroes. If Moon Knight and Hercules and maybe Scarlet Witch are the only ones saying you're a villain, who is going to believe those kooks.
    Doc Zero did show up in Battleworld; had to protect his zone from evil Hyperion.