Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I would totally love to see her and Jim Hammond in a few episodes of Agent Carter.
    The Human Torch suit's already made an appearance at a Howard Stark tech expo, so I could totally imagine them knowing or even being friends with Howard Stark!

Hoping for Betty Dean to appear, too. ^_^ All those old comic characters, hehe.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Betty Dean!

I thought of her while watching Agent Carter, and am keeping my fingers crossed that she'll appear in the show.

She's a police woman (in the 30s!) who attempts to capture Namor by playing the damsel in distress.

She went on to playing an important role in convincing Namor to fight the Nazis, as well as was the person responsible for stopping Namor and Torch from fighting. During the 50s, she and Namor had many adventures together fighting aliens, giant robots and monsters -- and commies! In the Silver Age, she agreed to be the guardian of Namorita, who took Betty's married named as her own.

She was a great female character of the Golden Age, though she had no super powers.
    Even back then Namor was a swimming, walking and flying tank. It takes serious balls to hold a gun to THAT guy's face, while they are still in the water no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Battlestar

no, not the f***ing Galatica, the sidekick of USAgent when he was Captain America. He's the original black-guy-in-an-American-patriotic-costume, never mind Bradley and Falcon!Cap. Since the 80s he has made one appearance I can find - a single panel cameo in some event book. Sure his costume's a bit goofy looking, but that can easily be replaced.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Gambit should be on this list.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Gambit should be on this list.
    The guy just had an ongoing, and was prominent in a team book. Plus he's getting a movie. I hardly think he qualifies as forgotten, forsaken, unremembered or demoted.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The Human Torch suit's already made an appearance at a Howard Stark tech expo, so I could totally imagine them knowing or even being friends with Howard Stark!

Hoping for Betty Dean to appear, too. ^_^ All those old comic characters, hehe.
    Both Betty Dean and Jim Hammond were cops, and as I was saying in the Invaders thread, it would be incredibly easy for them to have a cameo in Agent Carter, if there's any scenes with cops.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Battlestar

no, not the f***ing Galatica, the sidekick of USAgent when he was Captain America. He's the original black-guy-in-an-American-patriotic-costume, never mind Bradley and Falcon!Cap. Since the 80s he has made one appearance I can find - a single panel cameo in some event book. Sure his costume's a bit goofy looking, but that can easily be replaced.
    He was in Civil War, was he not? Not front and centre, but still.

Raizo kodo and the forgiven

Incredible Member

There are *so* many forgotten characters out there I miss, but I'll just pick a few. Patriot (Eli Bradley AND Jeff Mace versions, so much could be done with a flashback mini, as Karl Kessel proved back in 2010), Citizen V (John Watkins III) then there's the likes of Scarlet Spider (Patrick).

I also, as a fan of the original New Warriors series still miss Namorita (wHo *should* be alive somewhere in the MU), Darkhawk (I know there are rumours of Cosmic plans but nothing concrete yet) and Night Thrasher.

I could go on but that'll do for now!

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Battlestar

He did have a 6 part back up story in Gruenwald's Captain America run that I believe took place in the early 90s. I'm a fan of Battlestar as well.

iMan 42s

What about Gaurdsman? You know, the guy who wears the equivalent of the Mark 5 but green. Color me confused with time runs out and they are using tons of war machines. They do remember they have a bunch of those other armors right? If not the designs to make more right?

I mean this is a good concept. I'm really surprised we never saw more of these or ever got an upgraded version.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Echo. She was an interesting/cool character, and she's just gone. She went from actually being an Avenger herself, to a joke by Bendis about possibly being the nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones's daughter.

Extraordinary Member

Maya Hansen, doesn't fit the criteria but theres so much potential there.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you from the magical year of 1940, the one, the only, the original Vision! An alien law enforcement officer named Arakus, hailing from another dimension entirely, the Smoke World. He only came to earth to aid us due to pleas sent by radio to the stars by our very own scientists. He could generate illusory images, fly, create ice and extreme cold, and teleport wherever there is smoke. That'll teach villains to not puff on a cigarette... Had he endured in publication he would have been more the Martian Manhunter than the Martian Manhunter is today.

Attachment 15790

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Timely_Comics)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Dude! He showed up recently in the Invaders book. Seemed pretty cool.
    He was also appeared in two arcs of Spurrier's X-Men Legacy. He didn't do much in the first appearance, since the story was more about what to do ABOUT him, but he really shined upon his return.

I know Julie and Alex popped up occasionally in Avengers Academy and FF, but I have a weird hankering for a new Power Pack series...