Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I've been flipping through the old New Universe books and I'd forgotten how cool The Witness was. A modern day, freshly-appointed Phantom Stranger. I imagine him walking the planes of The Multiverse, witnessing different realities...he's The Unseen without the chains. I'm in the minority I'm sure but I love enigmatic characters like The Witness and see lots of potential in him.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just bring all Dorm's family back, I miss them all, especially Clea.
    Since Stephen already sent Dorm to have a cup of tea with Shuma-Gorath, the throne of Dark Dimension should be empty.
    I agree! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The previous attempt at giving Carol Danvers a teen counterpart. She was just a few years too early...

Too many I want to plus 1 in this thread to go through them all.

To add something new to the thread however.

Digger

The whole Night Shift are awesome, but Digger has a whole other layer to him with trhe crypt keeper stuff and reconciling (or not) that gives him added interest for me.

Brass

Meteorite

I fell in love with this guy the moment I saw him, the riding a rock thing reminded me of Terra, the Brick but not as bricky as he seems thing appealed to me along with the ways it could be extrapolated on. I'd love to see him used on a team.
    Last edited by Captain Astounding; 03-04-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really thought coming out of Avengers: The Initiative we were going to get a relaunched New Warriors book with her as a member. I still say characters like her and Gravity seem like no brainers to be part of future New Warriors team/

I was so pissed when she had to give up the Ms. Marvel costume to Osbourne. I wanted her to get a larger role in the MU but was soon forgotten.

Gravity

Gilgamesh

most of Avengers Academy

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post

Gilgamesh
    Well, he is the Forgotten One.

BANNED

The thing with Gilgamesh is that his concept will always be shelved in favor of Hercules or Thor. The Kirby pitch is simply ingenious, here is the strongman of Legend. The one Man who in the world of mortals became known as Hercules and Atlas and other strongman alias all over the world. But in a fictional universe where most of these have existed as individuals and one of them has actually been a proeminent Avenger member and heroic figure even in the modern age, how do you sell the Kirby pitch at all?

You don`t. The character already loses any star power on the go because of that. Gilgamesh as devised by Kirby only works in an alternative Marvel Earth, which is basically what the original Eternals are, their own thing.

I guess you could make it work but just as long you don`t have him claiming any major strongman alias. Have him be the Forgotten One because his original name is gone and the only alias on Earth that hasn`t been wiped out of memory is Gilgamesh because it was recorded and Captain America remembers him from a time travel adventure.

BANNED

Oh and do please stop messing around with his look and trade the Kirby armour for looks that can be used by any other strongman. It doesn`t do him any favours for standing out.

Gilgamesh
    Always thought he had so much potential.

Peace

Incredible Member

Talking about the Marvel's Justice League analogues, the Squadron Supreme, in some other threads. I can't help but be reminded of Hyperion, and the Squadron's biggest bad guy in their rogues gallery. Emil Burbank, a.ka. Master Menace. Basically their Lex Luthor, with a healthy dash of Doctor Doom. The villain helped Nighthawk's Redeemers put a halt to the Squadron's Utopia Program as it was a threat to him. Later, in the DEATH OF A UNIVERSE graphic novel, he teamed up with the Squadron and their time traveling nemesis, the Scarlet Centurion, to stop the universe devouring threat of the Nth Man. Unfortunately, his plan to stop the Nth Man failed. So seeing no alternative, Master Menace used his own personal dimension teleporter to leave his universe to get away from the threat. I don't think he's ever shown up again. I'm surprised he didn't show up in the main Marvel 616 universe, or run afoul of the dimension hopping Exiles. Or to be really out there, pop up in the Nineties to give the Ultraverse heroes trouble.

Gravity

Gilgamesh

most of Avengers Academy
    Poor Reptil and Finesse
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8