Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you from the magical year of 1940, the one, the only, the original Vision! An alien law enforcement officer named Arakus, hailing from another dimension entirely, the Smoke World. He only came to earth to aid us due to pleas sent by radio to the stars by our very own scientists. He could generate illusory images, fly, create ice and extreme cold, and teleport wherever there is smoke. That'll teach villains to not puff on a cigarette... Had he endured in publication he would have been more the Martian Manhunter than the Martian Manhunter is today.

Attachment 15790

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Timely_Comics)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I don't even...

Wow, lol.

So... the current Vision took his visual cues from this guy...? Or is it just a case of them liking a certain look / name and deciding to reuse it? XD
    Roy Thomas created the current Vision. He was a always a HUGE golden age fan, which were the comics of his childhood. That was one of his earlier attempts to revive golden age characters, but (if I'm remembering the story correctly) he was told he couldn't just use the old properties.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I know a lot of readers of the Fantastic Four didn't like Claremont's run because he went back to the same toolbox he used for the X-men and he created a character called Valeria von Doom. She was the offspring of Sue and possibly Victor von Doom from an alternate timeline. But it was never made clear since it could have been that Reed had to continue with the masquerade as Doom that was forced on him by the Dreaming Celestial. To add to the confusion, for a while she was called Marvel Girl.

At least she was the proper age for her level of maturity and not the wackiness of 3 year old Valeria Richards being about to keep up with the father's level of genius. I like 3 year old Val but sometimes it really gets to the point where artists don't know how to draw her and she is frequently drawn to be as tall or sometimes taller than Franklin!

Another character that has been abandoned is Doom's body guard Lancer, who was among the humans on Franklin's HR planet. She was in both the Doom mini series by Chuck Dixon and was also introduced by Chris Claremont in a series of one-shots that brought Doom back to Earth. She had a couple of appearances in his Fantastic Four run too. When last we saw her, Doom left her in charge of the planet when he made the decision to return to Earth permanently. But then when the Exiles went there a few years later I don't think she was even mentioned.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-14-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you from the magical year of 1940, the one, the only, the original Vision! An alien law enforcement officer named Arakus, hailing from another dimension entirely, the Smoke World. He only came to earth to aid us due to pleas sent by radio to the stars by our very own scientists. He could generate illusory images, fly, create ice and extreme cold, and teleport wherever there is smoke. That'll teach villains to not puff on a cigarette... Had he endured in publication he would have been more the Martian Manhunter than the Martian Manhunter is today.

Attachment 15790

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Timely_Comics)
    He's actually been used a fair amount recently, in one of the more recent volumes of Invaders and in the run of X-Men Legacy starring Legion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I can appreciate the Golden Age characters mentioned, especially Original Vision.

I'm going to stay more current:
    Darkhawk, demoted as I see it. Used poorly in Avengers Arena. One of the best original characters to come out of the 90's.
    250px-Darkhawk_1.jpg

Man-Thing, after some solid character growth in Thunderbolts(not Ross' team) where he can now speak, he's been forsaken these past 3 years. He is shown in that group shot promoting the new GotG Team-Up book so hopefully an issue or arc there he'll appear in '15. I just hope it's not a demotion in character growth as well.
    thunderbolts176c manthing returns what up.jpg thunderbolts176d manthing snitches got me my riches.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Roy Thomas created the current Vision. He was a always a HUGE golden age fan, which were the comics of his childhood. That was one of his earlier attempts to revive golden age characters, but (if I'm remembering the story correctly) he was told he couldn't just use the old properties.
    that can't be right, he said in the original Invaders (I've just read vol. 1 of the complete collection) that he created the team specifically to put together the First Three of Marvel (Subby, Torch and Cap) and then when he discusses the creation of Liberty Legion in the Marvel Premiere issues, he specifically says he didn't use Arkus, Claire Voyant and a couple other characters because they are Vision and Black Widow and that the names would be confusing with their modern counterparts (ie the android and Romanoff) despite, y'know, Torch and Johnny Storm...
    I surrender to the Contest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker75 View Post
    I know Julie and Alex popped up occasionally in Avengers Academy and FF, but I have a weird hankering for a new Power Pack series...
    I don't blame you.......especially since the readers haven't seen either Jack/Mass Master or Katie/Energizer for quite some time now.

Danny Ketch Ghost Rider. Not so much as a word since Heaven's on Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Battlestar

no, not the f***ing Galatica, the sidekick of USAgent when he was Captain America. He's the original black-guy-in-an-American-patriotic-costume, never mind Bradley and Falcon!Cap. Since the 80s he has made one appearance I can find - a single panel cameo in some event book. Sure his costume's a bit goofy looking, but that can easily be replaced.
    he was in several issues of Silver Sable i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Echo. She was an interesting/cool character, and she's just gone. She went from actually being an Avenger herself, to a joke by Bendis about possibly being the nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones's daughter.
    agreed. she went from being such a strong character in Daredevil to almost nothing. hated the way she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Battlestar

no, not the f***ing Galatica, the sidekick of USAgent when he was Captain America. He's the original black-guy-in-an-American-patriotic-costume, never mind Bradley and Falcon!Cap. Since the 80s he has made one appearance I can find - a single panel cameo in some event book. Sure his costume's a bit goofy looking, but that can easily be replaced.
    I think his most recent appearances were in Marvel Zombies: Supreme and Marvel Zombies: Destroy, circa 2012.

Those two minis were actually pretty decent, even if you aren't a Marvel Zombies aficionado. Lots of quality appearances by obscure characters, even if many of them die horribly. I'm pretty sure Battlestar survived, though.

132px-Coat_of_Arms_(Earth-616).jpg
    Lisa Molinari a.k.a. Coat of Arms

I first learned about her on a Tumblr article (http://hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumbl...-post-today-at). Loved the concept of her being the artist with her own view on the superhero/supervillain world from what I read of her, and it's a crying shame that she's since been stripped of her unique goals and is now just another cookie-cutter thug-for-hire. I think what she needs is to get away from those "Young Masters of Evil" and find some personal success.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Marvel, please please please bring back:

Midnight Sun

Gilgamesh aka The Forgotten One

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    Marvel, please please please bring back:

Midnight Sun

Gilgamesh aka The Forgotten One
    Gilgamesh *just* appeared actually

Cheers.

James.

Really? Please tell me where.

All-New Member

Linnea the Elfqueen from Avengers #212. Awesome character. It was cool that the writers didn't try to explain exactly what she was. To this day we don't know if she was mutant, Eternal, Inhuman or goddess/demigoddess from some unspecified pantheon. She is one of the few characters to be able to lift Mjolnir via magic, so it's possible that she could be pretty much on Karnilla's level magic-wise. She needs to come back.

Any number of Alpha Flight supporting characters (Silver, Auric, Dreamqueen,, Pestilence, Gilded Lily etc) need to be dusted off. polished and given the chance to shine.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'd like to know whatever happened to Rob Takeguchi from Marvel's GODZILLA series, and if we might someday see a grown-up Rob (who was a 12-year old kid at the time of GODZILLA) in the cockpit of Red Ronin again in the modern Marvel Universe.

Marvel should roll the dice on a PACIFIC RIM-style series with Red Ronin piloted by Rob as the centerpiece of the story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014