Marlene Alraune
    Ray (Gena's son)
    (Hell...) Gena Landers (...herself!)
    Bertrand Crawley
    Samuels

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    Really? Please tell me where.
    ALL-NEW INVADERS #13 (Its only a cameo but its still an appearance, I don't mean anything major though).

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Betty Dean!

I thought of her while watching Agent Carter, and am keeping my fingers crossed that she'll appear in the show.

She's a police woman (in the 30s!) who attempts to capture Namor by playing the damsel in distress.

She went on to playing an important role in convincing Namor to fight the Nazis, as well as was the person responsible for stopping Namor and Torch from fighting. During the 50s, she and Namor had many adventures together fighting aliens, giant robots and monsters -- and commies! In the Silver Age, she agreed to be the guardian of Namorita, who took Betty's married named as her own.

She was a great female character of the Golden Age, though she had no super powers.
    Woah, the art, colours and especially letters in this are awesome.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    Woah, the art, colours and especially letters in this are awesome.
    Namor shouldn't feel bad. She would have caught me too.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

My favourite part is that she's wearing a handbag, specifically for her gun, underwater.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

lifeguard00.jpg

I miss these two :-(
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Now we visit upon a partner of the Original Human Torch (Jim Hammond) who befriended the android, worked with him, and shared the first kiss. A judo and karate master with many friends in the scientific and military community. She wields a ray gun that can shoot a lasso, a heat beam, or serve as a flashlight... 1948's Sun Girl.

Attachment 15803

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Girl_(Marvel_Comics)
    I entered this topic just to post this, also. She's a fascinating character, and as far as I'm concerned she's still in continuity, just forgotten. So much potential--I wouldn't change a thing about her, not even her look.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Firebird
    Firebird_ShawnMcGuan.jpg
    she was fun but M.I.A. for awhile
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-15-2015 at 06:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'd like to know whatever happened to Rob Takeguchi from Marvel's GODZILLA series, and if we might someday see a grown-up Rob (who was a 12-year old kid at the time of GODZILLA) in the cockpit of Red Ronin again in the modern Marvel Universe.

Marvel should roll the dice on a PACIFIC RIM-style series with Red Ronin piloted by Rob as the centerpiece of the story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I always thought they should relaunch Red Ronin and just recon those old Godzilla stories into Fing Fang Foom ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    This thread is both to inform about and honour interesting comic book characters and superheroes that have sadly fallen to the ravages of time, narrow-minded editorial or because they didn't sell, even if they were sound in writing/depiction.

The idea came from this article about Agent Carter

Given that this is a new thread, I will make the first step

Louise Grant
    also known as
    Blonde Phantom

An initial thought to get into the right mindset: It is actually fairly difficult to make a female character look both bad@ss AND gorgeous and yet still keep the balance between the two, particularly given the means (both technical and financial) of the time and the commercial niche (it was cheap pulp fiction with pictures, not any recognized form of higher art at the time)

Now feast your eyes upon this

Attachment 15787

I kid you not, had I been a 8-14 year old boy in that era, I would have devoured this comic, looking at Louise Grant like a cool big sister I sadly don't have. (To give a frame of reference, I was born in 1986 and I an elder and a younger brother, no sisters)

PS: most of the characters appearing here will likely by ladies given the inspiration for the thread, however men are welcome too I also started the thread in Marvel Comics, because the inspiration for it and the first depicted character are both from Marvel. Don't be afraid to write about DC characters. If the mods don't agree, we can still open a sister thread over in the DC corner.
    PPS: I deliberately made only links and only spoke the barest of the character to encourage readers to add with comments, thoughts and discussion. So post away
    I have some good news for you; Read Sensational She-Hulk from the 1980's and you'll see plenty of Blonde Phantom. Steve Gerber introduces her early in the 22nd issue, and she stays a
    regular character through almost the entire thing. I recommend this entire run, too. 1-60.shehulk.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I have some good news for you; Read Sensational She-Hulk from the 1980's and you'll see plenty of Blonde Phantom. Steve Gerber introduces her early in the 22nd issue, and she stays a
    regular character through almost the entire thing. I recommend this entire run, too. 1-60.shehulk.jpg
    Awesome

thanks man, you rock

Go on people, show and tell about the characters you liked, give people reason to read old runs, pictures, links, descriptions, interpretations. Give it all, you know you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Diamondback
    Firebird
    Living Lightning
    Frankie Raye
    Yellowjacket II

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I think his most recent appearances were in Marvel Zombies: Supreme and Marvel Zombies: Destroy, circa 2012.

Those two minis were actually pretty decent, even if you aren't a Marvel Zombies aficionado. Lots of quality appearances by obscure characters, even if many of them die horribly. I'm pretty sure Battlestar survived, though.
    He was mentioned recently in the Death of Wolverine. It's stated in passing that some mysterious people had stolen his shield (later revealed to be goons working for Weapon x) and melted it down for the adamantium.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Echo. She was an interesting/cool character, and she's just gone. She went from actually being an Avenger herself, to a joke by Bendis about possibly being the nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones's daughter.
    You're right! She was great and then they let Bendis turn her into a joke and, later, kill her off (in his volume of Moon Knight).

She deserved better than that. The only witness to her death was a crazy guy who hallucinated all over the place, we need a follow-up that said he imagined the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I always thought they should relaunch Red Ronin and just recon those old Godzilla stories into Fing Fang Foom ones.
    And maybe even include this forgotten Red Ronin in it, lol...

(It's just a mess I'd like to see resolved.)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007