Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 475
  1. #106
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableNathan View Post
    Probably a silly question given they are pulling the pug on FF shortly, but what ever happened to Lyja?
    As of Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #3, she's still in the Negative Zone, by her own choice. Of course, my only source on that is Wikipedia, so take it as you will. ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Genoshan mutants Freakshow and Wicked.
    Oh, I agree about Wicked! What a neat character concept.



    Going to go ahead and add "Wither" to characters I miss and wish we could bring back, now that we're thinking about the more gothic ones.

    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

    Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

    "What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

    Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

  2. #107
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Moondragon: demoted.
    Last I remember hearing anything about her, Bendis used her as a joke during Avengers vs. X-men when the Avengers were looking for a powerhouse telepath to battle Emma, her name came up and they all just ignored it, made a lame joke or something like that. She should be front and center in any of the recent cosmic stuff involving Thanos, but since she's not on the cinematic, Bendis-led GOTG, I guess we won't be seeing her for awhile, since I get the feeling he doesn't care for her too much. Also, Mantis should be somewhere as well. Two great characters wasting away.

    I agree with other posters regarding Firebird and American Eagle. Two great characters who could be fantastic with the right creative teams.

    I am glad with the recent trend of bringing back some forgotten characters recently: Hellcat, Monica Rambeau, Stingray and Sharon Ventura.
    Last edited by Beamish; 01-18-2015 at 08:27 AM.

  3. #108
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,203

    Default Happy 56th Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

    Thanks for co-creating Thomas Fireheart aka Puma!
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  4. #109
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,203

    Default

    Earth Force featuring Earth Lord, Skyhawk and Wind Warrior
    Darkdevil aka Reilly Tyne, the son of Ben Reilly(The Spider-Man Clone)
    American Dream aka Shannon Carter
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-01-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  5. #110
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,203

    Default Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  6. #111
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    I also think the eternals are undervalued. Two of my favorites are Sersi and Makkari.

    250px-Makkari_1.jpg

    This guy is the fastest speedster in the MU, and is a million times better than Quicksilver. Marvel doesn't really have a lot of speedsters, so he could fit a niche. Sure he's wearing a red outfit, so some people might just assume he's a rip-off of the Flash, but Marvel and DC have been ripping each other off forever.


    373786-40157-sersi.jpg

    Sersi, the lovely lady in green, is a magic user so powerful that Zuras, the prime eternal, is afraid of her. She was a bomber jacket wearing avenger in the past, and she could be again. The MU only has a handful of magic users, so there's room for her as well.


    My main impression of them came from Gaiman's eternals mini which still reads pretty well after all this time, and I really like the characters.

  7. #112
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,767

    Default



    Granted that Lockheed isn't always mistreated but a lot of X-Men writers seem to regulate him to the background to look cool. And after Black Vortex I'm not especially sure where he's got to. That said we got two badass alternate takes on the little guy in Years of Future Past and Masters of Kung Fu.

  8. #113
    True Brit Captain Wessex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I also think the eternals are undervalued. Two of my favorites are Sersi and Makkari.

    250px-Makkari_1.jpg

    This guy is the fastest speedster in the MU, and is a million times better than Quicksilver. Marvel doesn't really have a lot of speedsters, so he could fit a niche. Sure he's wearing a red outfit, so some people might just assume he's a rip-off of the Flash, but Marvel and DC have been ripping each other off forever.


    373786-40157-sersi.jpg

    Sersi, the lovely lady in green, is a magic user so powerful that Zuras, the prime eternal, is afraid of her. She was a bomber jacket wearing avenger in the past, and she could be again. The MU only has a handful of magic users, so there's room for her as well.


    My main impression of them came from Gaiman's eternals mini which still reads pretty well after all this time, and I really like the characters.
    Makkari was in the recent All-New Invaders series and is pretty cool in there. He might come back in Squadron Supreme since Robinson's picking up left-over plot-points from ANI
    I surrender to the Contest

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    He was in Civil War, was he not? Not front and centre, but still.
    How many years ago was that? I think if a character hasn't been seen in any significant way in two years, he (or she) is pretty much forgotten.

    Sandy Hausler

  10. #115

    Default

    Has anyone seen Tigra recently? Or Free Spirit?

    Sandy Hausler

  11. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Has anyone seen Tigra recently? Or Free Spirit?

    Sandy Hausler
    Tigra had a bit part in Fearless Defenders, I think. Although I can't remember if that was before or after her stint in Avengers Academy.

    Free Spirit is just forgotten. I think her last "appearance" was a half-hearted mention in one of those "in character" quasi-handbooks circa Civil War.

  12. #117
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Has anyone lately seen Gilgamesh of the Eternals also known as the Forgotten One? Guess he earned that moniker.

  13. #118
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Night Raven

  14. #119
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    IT! The living Colossus!!!




    First appearence, tales of Suspense #14, 1961! (older than the Fantastic Four)!



    Appeared in '73 and '74 in 4 issues of Astonishing Tales!



    Last Appearance?? 1980, Hulk 244....death of IT??

    Come on... A Superhero who changes his soul/thought from a 100 stone monster to a disabled, wheel chair bound, special effects artist! How did this character die away?
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    IT! The living Colossus!!!




    First appearence, tales of Suspense #14, 1961! (older than the Fantastic Four)!



    Appeared in '73 and '74 in 4 issues of Astonishing Tales!



    Last Appearance?? 1980, Hulk 244....death of IT??

    Come on... A Superhero who changes his soul/thought from a 100 stone monster to a disabled, wheel chair bound, special effects artist! How did this character die away?
    OMG !!! Wonderful... (and I kinda suspect a message...)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •