Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableNathan View Post
    Probably a silly question given they are pulling the pug on FF shortly, but what ever happened to Lyja?
    As of Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #3, she's still in the Negative Zone, by her own choice. Of course, my only source on that is Wikipedia, so take it as you will. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Genoshan mutants Freakshow and Wicked.
    Oh, I agree about Wicked! What a neat character concept.

Going to go ahead and add "Wither" to characters I miss and wish we could bring back, now that we're thinking about the more gothic ones.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Mighty Member

Moondragon: demoted.
    Last I remember hearing anything about her, Bendis used her as a joke during Avengers vs. X-men when the Avengers were looking for a powerhouse telepath to battle Emma, her name came up and they all just ignored it, made a lame joke or something like that. She should be front and center in any of the recent cosmic stuff involving Thanos, but since she's not on the cinematic, Bendis-led GOTG, I guess we won't be seeing her for awhile, since I get the feeling he doesn't care for her too much. Also, Mantis should be somewhere as well. Two great characters wasting away.

I agree with other posters regarding Firebird and American Eagle. Two great characters who could be fantastic with the right creative teams.

I am glad with the recent trend of bringing back some forgotten characters recently: Hellcat, Monica Rambeau, Stingray and Sharon Ventura.
    Last edited by Beamish; 01-18-2015 at 08:27 AM.

BANNED

Default Happy 56th Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

Thanks for co-creating Thomas Fireheart aka Puma!

BANNED

Earth Force featuring Earth Lord, Skyhawk and Wind Warrior
    Darkdevil aka Reilly Tyne, the son of Ben Reilly(The Spider-Man Clone)
    American Dream aka Shannon Carter
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-01-2016 at 05:39 PM.

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

I also think the eternals are undervalued. Two of my favorites are Sersi and Makkari.

250px-Makkari_1.jpg

This guy is the fastest speedster in the MU, and is a million times better than Quicksilver. Marvel doesn't really have a lot of speedsters, so he could fit a niche. Sure he's wearing a red outfit, so some people might just assume he's a rip-off of the Flash, but Marvel and DC have been ripping each other off forever.

373786-40157-sersi.jpg

Sersi, the lovely lady in green, is a magic user so powerful that Zuras, the prime eternal, is afraid of her. She was a bomber jacket wearing avenger in the past, and she could be again. The MU only has a handful of magic users, so there's room for her as well.

My main impression of them came from Gaiman's eternals mini which still reads pretty well after all this time, and I really like the characters.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Granted that Lockheed isn't always mistreated but a lot of X-Men writers seem to regulate him to the background to look cool. And after Black Vortex I'm not especially sure where he's got to. That said we got two badass alternate takes on the little guy in Years of Future Past and Masters of Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I also think the eternals are undervalued. Two of my favorites are Sersi and Makkari.

250px-Makkari_1.jpg

This guy is the fastest speedster in the MU, and is a million times better than Quicksilver. Marvel doesn't really have a lot of speedsters, so he could fit a niche. Sure he's wearing a red outfit, so some people might just assume he's a rip-off of the Flash, but Marvel and DC have been ripping each other off forever.

373786-40157-sersi.jpg

Sersi, the lovely lady in green, is a magic user so powerful that Zuras, the prime eternal, is afraid of her. She was a bomber jacket wearing avenger in the past, and she could be again. The MU only has a handful of magic users, so there's room for her as well.

My main impression of them came from Gaiman's eternals mini which still reads pretty well after all this time, and I really like the characters.
    Makkari was in the recent All-New Invaders series and is pretty cool in there. He might come back in Squadron Supreme since Robinson's picking up left-over plot-points from ANI
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    He was in Civil War, was he not? Not front and centre, but still.
    How many years ago was that? I think if a character hasn't been seen in any significant way in two years, he (or she) is pretty much forgotten.

Sandy Hausler

Has anyone seen Tigra recently? Or Free Spirit?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Has anyone seen Tigra recently? Or Free Spirit?

Sandy Hausler
    Tigra had a bit part in Fearless Defenders, I think. Although I can't remember if that was before or after her stint in Avengers Academy.

Free Spirit is just forgotten. I think her last "appearance" was a half-hearted mention in one of those "in character" quasi-handbooks circa Civil War.

Night Raven

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

IT! The living Colossus!!!

First appearence, tales of Suspense #14, 1961! (older than the Fantastic Four)!

Appeared in '73 and '74 in 4 issues of Astonishing Tales!

Last Appearance?? 1980, Hulk 244....death of IT??

Come on... A Superhero who changes his soul/thought from a 100 stone monster to a disabled, wheel chair bound, special effects artist! How did this character die away?
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    IT! The living Colossus!!!

First appearence, tales of Suspense #14, 1961! (older than the Fantastic Four)!

Appeared in '73 and '74 in 4 issues of Astonishing Tales!

Last Appearance?? 1980, Hulk 244....death of IT??

Come on... A Superhero who changes his soul/thought from a 100 stone monster to a disabled, wheel chair bound, special effects artist! How did this character die away?
    OMG !!! Wonderful... (and I kinda suspect a message...)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Granted that Lockheed isn't always mistreated but a lot of X-Men writers seem to regulate him to the background to look cool. And after Black Vortex I'm not especially sure where he's got to. That said we got two badass alternate takes on the little guy in Years of Future Past and Masters of Kung Fu.
    I used to love Lockheed... One of the best dragons at Marvel... (there are a few others...)