Berserk_v31c271p16.jpg

Mad small images.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Berserk_v31c274p14.jpg

you were saying?
    Terry, do you really want to do this again?

Like, we just did exactly this with Getbackers in your last thread. You made big claims for Ban and then I pointed out that they weren't true and provided better quality scans and context for the feats you were claiming.

*sigh*

Oh well, here we go. Here is the scan you just posted in better quality.

We see Guts and Serpico standing on a boat, Gashinka is all like, "Huh, better shoot at you again," the two of them start to move and then the lightning hits. There is nothing in that page that suggests that either character is moving faster than lightning or that they started moving specifically /after/ the lightning had been fired.

Quite apart from that, if this feat was legit (which it isn't) it would be SMvsFL of the highest order because has never shown anything, even with the Berserker Armour, anywhere even close to the level of speed that him dodging lightning would make him.

So yeah, do you want to continue with this line of argument I do I have to post more scans of Guts getting knocked on his arse by lightning bolts?

Also, let me just point out, the lightning bolts they are running from are being directed by the will of Ganishka who, as far as we ever saw, only ever had normal human reflexes so... yeah, I totally buy that, even with his giant lightning astral form, he has trouble keeping up with the movements of obvious metahuman Guts and obvious Ringer Serpico.

And he still hits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Like, we just did exactly this with Getbackers in your last thread. You made big claims for Ban and then I pointed out that they weren't true and provided better quality scans and context for the feats you were claiming.

*sigh*

We see Guts and Serpico standing on a boat, Gashinka is all like, "Huh, better shoot at you again," the two of them start to move and then the lightning hits. There is nothing in that page that suggests that either character is moving faster than lightning or that they started moving specifically /after/ the lightning had been fired.

Quite apart from that, if this feat was legit (which it isn't) it would be SMvsFL of the highest order because has never shown anything, even with the Berserker Armour, anywhere even close to the level of speed that him dodging lightning would make him.

So yeah, do you want to continue with this line of argument I do I have to post more scans of Guts getting knocked on his arse by lightning bolts?
    The getbackers thing was a result of false information I was given, but in this one, it really looks like a legit feat.

Also, what is SMvsFL?

Plus, it's not like there's a whole sequence where Guts fights an enemy who specifically moves at mach one and he /explicitly cannot react to her movement/.

So either the Berserker Armour makes Guts literally hundreds of times faster, which it doesn't, or you are misrepresenting the character either through ignorance or malignancy. I hope, for your sake, it is the former.

The getbackers thing was a result of false information I was given, but in this one, it really looks like a legit feat.
    So... either you're not looking at the page I posted or your just wilfully blind on this.

Show me exactly where Guts or Serpico moves faster than lightning bolt on that page. Seriously, show me right now.

Oh wait, there's nothing there that shows that.

Also, what is SMvsFL?
    Anyone would think that was a welcome thread that specifically explains these terms...

Oh wait, there is.

Read the rules, read the terms, educate yourself.

So... either you're not looking at the page I posted or your just wilfully blind on this.
    I'm just saying, to me, and maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Ganiska goes "OK, Better shoot you again."

Guts goes "split up"

Lightning hits the boat, and they're in the air.

Serpico's legs in the left hand panal ARE tensed up, so you may be right, and they jumped before the lightning hit or were just getting prepared.

This is why I like animation more than manga. If it were animated, I could go "No, you're right. They jumped before the lightning hit" but with manga, it's more confusing because they could be jumping or just getting ready to react.

But, seeing as he did need to use the sword as a lightning rod on Zodd to absorb the blows, they must have been jumping beforehand

So, in conclusion, you're probably right, and I'm probably misinterpreting it

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

*sigh*

looking at it bigger and better quality, no that is not lightning dodging in the slightest.

Also, what is SMvsFL?
    SMvsFL stands for spiderman vs. firelord. it means that a feat is so out of the bounds of a character's high end consistent feats that it's deemed unusable. prime example: spider-man vs. firelord. spiderman should in no way be able to defeat a herald of galactus, based on the feats for both, so it is not a valid feat to use for peter.

as nik posted, unless guts has other feats that show off levels of speed as high, if not higher than the one presented here, he is not a "lightning timer". not that it matters since you, once again, misrepresented the feat in question.

I'm just saying, to me, and maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Ganiska goes "OK, Better shoot you again."

Guts goes "split up"

Lightning hits the boat, and they're in the air.

Serpico's legs in the left hand panal ARE tensed up, so you may be right, and they jumped before the lightning hit or were just getting prepared.

This is why I like animation more than manga. If it were animated, I could go "No, you're right. They jumped before the lightning hit" but with manga, it's more confusing because they could be jumping or just getting ready to react.

But, seeing as he did need to use the sword as a lightning rod on Zodd to absorb the blows, they must have been jumping beforehand
    media has nothing to do with it. you just have to really notice things about how the feats are presented. there are countless examples in comics, manga and manwa that show how fast characters are without much debate.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    looking at it bigger and better quality, no that is not lightning dodging in the slightest.

SMvsFL stands for spiderman vs. firelord. it means that a feat is so out of the bounds of a character's high end consistent feats that it's deemed unusable. prime example: spider-man vs. firelord. spiderman should in no way be able to defeat a herald of galactus, based on the feats for both, so it is not a valid feat to use for peter.

as nik posted, unless guts has other feats that show off levels of speed as high, if not higher than the one presented here, he is not a "lightning timer". not that it matters since you, once again, misrepresented the feat in question.

I just said that, when I was breaking down the picture myself. Looking at the top left picture, I had never noticed Serpico's legs were tensed up, so I had always thought they moved after the bolt was launched. Now that I see they are tensed up, it's obvious they were either jumping or preparing to jump before the bolt was fired.

So, no, he's not lightning speed. That was....what's it called? "Aim Dodging?" I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    media has nothing to do with it. you just have to really notice things about how the feats are presented. there are countless examples in comics, manga and manwa that show how fast characters are without much debate.
    I just got a flashback to an old thread from pre-reboot CBR where a poster argued that the characters true strength was limited by the budget and they were actually much stronger than shown.

good times
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I just said that, when I was breaking down the picture myself. Looking at the top left picture, I had never noticed Serpico's legs were tensed up, so I had always thought they moved after the bolt was launched. Now that I see they are tensed up, it's obvious they were either jumping or preparing to jump before the bolt was fired.

So, no, he's not lightning speed. That was....what's it called? "Aim Dodging?" I believe?
    i wouldn't say that either. aim dodging is when a person firing can't draw a good bead on his target because they either keep moving or are moving in such a way that it makes it hard to really aim at them. batman and captain america are aim dodgers in this regard.

bullet timing is when the character moves after the round leaves the gun and heading right for them.

prime example being bat girl and her famous "bullet dance".