Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Jsa has already been replaced by JL since the beginning of the silver age.
    More like they were brought back during the silver age. They already hadn't been appearing for over a decade.
    And brought back in a way that their stories and continuity could continue.

Eventually that stage will come. At this point there are still slews of DC A and B listers to still debut.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

JL is probably's dc's response to Avengers. In comics history, both Fantastic Four and Avengers were inspired by the success of JLA at the beginning of the silver age. Silver age marvel comics is basically a combination of dc's ideas with marvel's soap opera romance comics where kirby and lee came from when JLA was invented. I've always hated marvel soap opera since I was a kid and I've never been a fan of romance comics. For guardians of the galaxy, dc can use gl corps which could also be the answer to Disney's jedi knights. Dc probably should have a 21st century legion. Dc is lacking a meta franchise as the answer to x-men. I heard dc is trying to revive the x-men clone Gen 13. For something from world war 2, dc has the captain america clone Steel the Indestructible Man and other american flag based super heroes like Uncle Sam, Minute Man, Stars and Stripes, etc. Dc can use New Gods to respond to Thor. Multiverse crime syndicate is unique to dc until marvel copied it. Dc should probably use Darkseid in the movies soon since Thanos is just a copy of Darkseid.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-14-2015 at 02:04 PM.

I think opening up the multiverse within the Justice League franchise is good way to keep the stories fresh over time. There's so much JL/JS history, I can see after an original trilogy of JL films introducing Earth 2 and Earth 3 for the next trilogy of films. A good way to play with and introduce the concepts of different versions of the characters for movie fans. Shouldn't be too hard to do if they set up the mystery of Darkseid and the New Gods then reveal them as from an alternate dimension or as singularity in the cosmos. That helps set up the idea for casual DC fans.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think opening up the multiverse within the Justice League franchise is good way to keep the stories fresh over time. There's so much JL/JS history, I can see after an original trilogy of JL films introducing Earth 2 and Earth 3 for the next trilogy of films. A good way to play with and introduce the concepts of different versions of the characters for movie fans. Shouldn't be too hard to do if they set up the mystery of Darkseid and the New Gods then reveal them as from an alternate dimension or as singularity in the cosmos. That helps set up the idea for casual DC fans.
    I think that would work. The concept is not a hard one to understand, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I think a JSA film set in World War II ending with them stuck in the present day leading to a team up with the League would be perfect.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I think a JSA film set in World War II ending with them stuck in the present day leading to a team up with the League would be perfect.
    If it's done the way it was during the Bronze Age, I would be all for that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

One way to use the multiverse is a visit from villains like Wizard and Injustice Society, and the JL learns that in this alternate earth, the legacy heroes (similar to Infinity Inc) have taken over the Justice Society.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The end of Marvel is nigh brothers and sisters! Glory to fatherland!
    amen...................

In response to Marvel's success, maybe dc will stab aquaman too, ouch.

Spectacular Member

Bumping this thread. I'd still like to read other's viewpoints on whether or not DC should convey the existence of the Multiverse in all of their media (specifically film & tv). I think pushing the idea of the Multiverse is a good way for DC to gain more fans IMO.

DC has two unique features; the multiversity and hero identities that get handed down. Since they've abandoned the latter they should at least embrace the former.

BANNED

WB doesn't have to do anything in response to Marvel's success. They should do their own thing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I don't think the general public, who this would have to appeal to, can handle much in the way of a multiverse other than "this is the universe where the characters are evil."

The average movie-goer doesn't really understand why Batman wasn't in the Avengers.
    This is true. When the Avengers came out in theaters, I took my little nephew to go see it for his birthday. The first question that came out of his mouth was, "Is Batman in this?" I said no. Then he followed up with, "What about Superman?" I told him sorry, but Superman isn't in this either. Then he paused for a second and thought hard. "Spider-Man?" At this point I thought this kid was basically sh-- out of luck.

The general population aren't big comic book fans, and some don't realize some characters belong to different companies. Or in Marvel's case, some belong to different studios. Creating a multiverse can easily confuse them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    This is true. When the Avengers came out in theaters, I took my little nephew to go see it for his birthday. The first question that came out of his mouth was, "Is Batman in this?" I said no. Then he followed up with, "What about Superman?" I told him sorry, but Superman isn't in this either. Then he paused for a second and thought hard. "Spider-Man?" At this point I thought this kid was basically sh-- out of luck.

The general population aren't big comic book fans, and some don't realize some characters belong to different companies. Or in Marvel's case, some belong to different studios. Creating a multiverse can easily confuse them.
    And this is part of the reason DC fans shouldn't hope for Marvel's demise, and vise versa. They can feed off each other.