Page 391 of 402 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 6026

The great thing about a character as long-running and as complex as Natasha is that there's room for so many different, even contradictory, aspects of her. She can be a hardass, but she can also be loving. She can be a loner, but she can also form deep friendships. She can have a firm code of ethics even if it doesn't line up with the Avengers' 100%. There's a big gray area between being another Punisher and being a toe-the-line Avenger, and a lot of interesting stories come from that place. She's not just one thing--right now, she experienced Hydra taking over the US, was killed by one of her best friends, and woke up undercover in the Red Room, so yeah, it makes sense that the stories they tell about her in 2018 are going to be dark. But in five years, she'll be in a different place, and she'll get different stories.

Ultimate Member

She can also be willing to kill people if needed without turning into The Punisher (although I'd like to see those two interact more as it could be an interesting dynamic).

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She can also be willing to kill people if needed without turning into The Punisher (although I'd like to see those two interact more as it could be an interesting dynamic).
    I kind of liked the setup that Edmondson used for her status quo in the 2014 series, where she's basically a solo PMC, but she only takes cases that she thinks will make the world better. Reminds me a lot of how Priest approaches Deathstroke, only Nat's actually trying to be a hero, while Deathstroke just sees himself as taking out the garbage (and he actually is a villain). Liu basically seems to have Nat's status quo be more of a full-time Avenger with side-missions - socially integrated, with her own life and friends. Because of Winter Soldier by Brubaker, she lost a ton of that, leading to the 2014 status quo. And then you have Waid and Samnee's story, which I couldn't figure out a status quo because it starts out as a chase narrative, and never really sits still. Thinking about how Rucka and Grayson portrayed her, she seemed much more similar to Liu's conception back then.

I hope, whatever else they do, the new team sets up an interesting status quo/supporting cast for Nat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...payday-1151328

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...payday-1151328
    the movie needs to start filming now.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Do we REALLY need to revisit this stupid concept again?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Ultimate Member

Captain America: The Winter Soldier did the Bourne style of action spy movie well, but I'd kind of like to see Black Widow lean more into Bond.

Exotic locales, stylish cars/clothes, hot dudes for BW to discard/double cross, and all that good stuff.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier did the Bourne style of action spy movie well, but I'd kind of like to see Black Widow lean more into Bond.

Exotic locales, stylish cars/clothes, hot dudes for BW to discard/double cross, and all that good stuff.
    I'm okay with the glam and globe trotting. I'm less into the disposable person aspect.

Honestly, I thought Liu's story was pretty Bondian.

Ultimate Member

If it's partially a prequel, then it'd actually make sense for her to be more ruthless/manipulative than she is in the main timeline.

If it's partially a prequel, then it'd actually make sense for her to be more ruthless/manipulative than she is in the main timeline.
    why would it be a prequel?

Ultimate Member

Reports/rumors are that part of it is set pre-IM2 at least.

Reports/rumors are that part of it is set pre-IM2 at least.
    Oh, the movie. I was thinking the comics.

Anyone remember this? Clint working with Nat and Buck without all that male testerone over Widow. How refreshing, right? Two steps forward, and Spencer propels us one backwards.

400975FA-1C8F-4267-9BD9-B2C6FB267321.jpg