Page 392 of 402 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 6026

Why Spencer? To me, Clint and Natasha rekindling their romance made perfect sense in Secret Empire. But even if you don't agree with that, Spencer didn't write Tales of Suspense, which was the story that had Clint and Bucky at odds. I don't recall them interacting in Secret Empire at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Why Spencer? To me, Clint and Natasha rekindling their romance made perfect sense in Secret Empire. But even if you don't agree with that, Spencer didn't write Tales of Suspense, which was the story that had Clint and Bucky at odds. I don't recall them interacting in Secret Empire at all.
    Your right of course, Spencer only rekindled Nat and Clint, and never introduced Bucky. Out of Spencer’s event came the TOS series. I must be bored with the typical “boys” fight over “girl” thing. I enjoyed their team ups in Reborn, Winter Soldier, and much of the Dark Reign saga working together. Felt as if writers were approaching Clint as a little less infantile. But there again I really didn’t enjoy TOS anyway.... and Secret Empire as well. Probably just a continuity thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Your right of course, Spencer only rekindled Nat and Clint, and never introduced Bucky. Out of Spencer’s event came the TOS series. I must be bored with the typical “boys” fight over “girl” thing. I enjoyed their team ups in Reborn, Winter Soldier, and much of the Dark Reign saga working together. Felt as if writers were approaching Clint as a little less infantile. But there again I really didn’t enjoy TOS anyway.... and Secret Empire as well. Probably just a continuity thing for me.
    Well, Rosenberg kept saying that it wasn't a love triangle, just a personality clash. And on paper, they never fought over Nat. It was just kind of fishy because the last time they'd met, they were good friends.

TOS did kind of feel like Clint throwing a five-issue long temper tantrum over literally nothing. Why did he keep harping on Bucky's hair? What is he, his mother? But there were some parts that made me laugh, and at least we got Natasha back.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Maybe Rosenberg was just channeling the unending tantrum I’m always throwing about Bucky’s hair ;^^ (Really, they should cut it!)

On reread, I really warmed up to TOS. Still a few decisions I wouldn’t have made, but it was fun and it deserved a continuation.

I loved the Bucky/Clint interactiions in ToS, they really cracked me up. I also enjoyed how Clint was written because while he was still joking around a lot, he was also shown to be completely competent and good at what he does. The past few years I feel like a lot of writers made him more incompetent and needing to be saved, so I enjoyed this blend of Hawkeye and Hawkguy.

The book fell apart for me when Natasha was brought back, unfortunately. Wasn't a fan of the clone angle, nor how she was written there as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Maybe Rosenberg was just channeling the unending tantrum I’m always throwing about Bucky’s hair ;^^ (Really, they should cut it!)
    Yes, yes they should.

I loved the Bucky/Clint interactiions in ToS, they really cracked me up. I also enjoyed how Clint was written because while he was still joking around a lot, he was also shown to be completely competent and good at what he does. The past few years I feel like a lot of writers made him more incompetent and needing to be saved, so I enjoyed this blend of Hawkeye and Hawkguy.

The book fell apart for me when Natasha was brought back, unfortunately. Wasn't a fan of the clone angle, nor how she was written there as a whole.
    I like seeing Clint joke around with his friends when it's good-natured teasing, and maybe I wouldn't have minded it so much if it hadn't been tangled up with all of that "I hate this guy" shtick, but the incessant prodding and hostility was distasteful, and it just made Clint look like a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yes, yes they should.

I like seeing Clint joke around with his friends when it's good-natured teasing, and maybe I wouldn't have minded it so much if it hadn't been tangled up with all of that "I hate this guy" shtick, but the incessant prodding and hostility was distasteful, and it just made Clint look like a bully.
    ... not to mention his hilarious outrage
    4DC1094A-21D5-4334-87EA-2B8B719AD7D3.jpg

So well written, Clint’s reaction as they are close to facing down Osborn’s Avengers. Always written well with an adolescent innocence but a deep moral compass ... I thought Fraction nailed it in his miniseries, Brubaker here.

Clint just so ticked off with Osborn, and then reacting to Simon & Garfunkle at Steve’s one year memorial. And Cage’s response was priceless.
    CCB081BE-511B-4C85-9F9C-EFF646117C5B.jpg
    Last edited by tliscord; 10-15-2018 at 06:33 AM.

bianchi Black Widow.jpg

BW by Simoni Bianchi.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Let’s hope someone down the road somehow finagles this clone thing. I have to agree with you, couldn’t buy into it. Not sure Spencer really needed to kill her in the first place, other than shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Let’s hope someone down the road somehow finagles this clone thing. I have to agree with you, couldn’t buy into it. Not sure Spencer really needed to kill her in the first place, other than shock value.
    The part that never made sense to me is why she had to stay dead past the event. The reason given, so the heroes would remember, was stupid, especially since it wasn't actually Steve, so it's not like his arrogance or anything cause any of it. I actually really enjoyed Secret Empire up until the end, and that part, choosing to leave just Natasha and Rick dead, and one city destroyed, never worked for me.

Natasha being Natasha.

BW vs Zombies.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Missing her...

logo BW.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Missing her...

logo BW.jpg
    She's coming back!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    She's coming back!
    Cannot wait!!!

Blonde Natasha and Avengers.
    avengers infinity 4.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 10-23-2018 at 01:08 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Cannot wait!!!

Blonde Natasha and Avengers.
    I will take Clone Nat over Bleach Widow
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord