Page 381 of 402 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6026
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Scarlett Johansson is the world's highest-paid actress
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie...r#fafcd983667d

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

So it looks like that Marvel-Knights-relaunch-that-actually-wasn't-a-relaunch-and-is-just-a-one-shot is actually .... a new six-issue Marvel Knights miniseries in the spirit of the old team book! With a line of variants and promotions, and possibly more to come!

And it looks like it basically is a revival of the loose team from the two Marvel Knights team books:
    Series showrunner Donny Cates is joined by all-star writers Matthew Rosenberg, Tini Howard, and Vita Ayala as the Marvel Knights ride again. Daredevil, the Punisher, Black Panther, Elektra, and others attempt to unravel a mystery that affects every hero and villain in the Marvel Universe.

But Natasha is conspicuously missing from the promos and the description, even though she was one of three characters to star in both Marvel Knights team books ... and even though she led the Marvel Knights team and has 4 Marvel Knights branded miniseries.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 08-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    So it looks like that Marvel-Knights-relaunch-that-actually-wasn't-a-relaunch-and-is-just-a-one-shot is actually .... a new six-issue Marvel Knights miniseries in the spirit of the old team book! With a line of variants and promotions, and possibly more to come!

And it looks like it basically is a revival of the loose team from the two Marvel Knights team books:

But Natasha is conspicuously missing from the promos and the description, even though she was one of three characters to star in both Marvel Knights team books ... and even though she led the Marvel Knights team and has 4 Marvel Knights branded miniseries.
    Maybe it's a marketing thing where they think she'll be better served on the Avengers side of things?

Some Avengers Academy Art I had in my Deviant art feed today.

I always liked how Widow looks in that game.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Some Avengers Academy Art I had in my Deviant art feed today.

I always liked how Widow looks in that game.
    That's so adorable! I really love the AvAc versions of them. Natasha's design is great, and she has a lot of extra costumes too that are really fun. I love the Iron Widow one, it's so much better than her actual rank 5 costume (the only one I don't like because I hate the AoU costume and for some reason that's the one they went with instead of her classic look), and watching her sneak around campus in a cardboard box is hilarious. The white Russian snow suit is also really cool.

The story these two had together in this game was really well done and makes me so happy, but also really sad that the main story now seems permanently abandoned. I was hoping there would be some follow up after Clint's story finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    That's so adorable! I really love the AvAc versions of them. Natasha's design is great, and she has a lot of extra costumes too that are really fun. I love the Iron Widow one, it's so much better than her actual rank 5 costume (the only one I don't like because I hate the AoU costume and for some reason that's the one they went with instead of her classic look), and watching her sneak around campus in a cardboard box is hilarious. The white Russian snow suit is also really cool.

The story these two had together in this game was really well done and makes me so happy, but also really sad that the main story now seems permanently abandoned. I was hoping there would be some follow up after Clint's story finished.
    I never really played enough to get to buy lots of outfits and I stopped shortly after acquiring Clint and leveling him up to 3 or 4 because the missions were gone due to the event being over.
    They later reappeared but I had to start with mission 1 again for some reason. But that's not why I stopped playing.

The games charm and it's constant fan service for actual Comic Book readers aside (Pym and Ultron anyone?) it's still just a time-money wasting game in the end.

I'd gladly buy an actual action or RPG game in that universe though.

But yes Nat was great in Clint's missions and more supportive than she had been for a long time in the comics at that point.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

An unknown upcoming MarvelStudios movie (very likely the BLACK WIDOW film) has reportedly been set to begin filming next June in the UK!

https://thegww.com/marvel-studios-ey...se-four-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I never really played enough to get to buy lots of outfits and I stopped shortly after acquiring Clint and leveling him up to 3 or 4 because the missions were gone due to the event being over.
    They later reappeared but I had to start with mission 1 again for some reason. But that's not why I stopped playing.

The games charm and it's constant fan service for actual Comic Book readers aside (Pym and Ultron anyone?) it's still just a time-money wasting game in the end.

I'd gladly buy an actual action or RPG game in that universe though.

But yes Nat was great in Clint's missions and more supportive than she had been for a long time in the comics at that point.
    Unfortunately the game has lost most of its charm now, and has gotten ridiculously expensive and hard to get anything anymore. I keep playing because I've put so much time in and I love the versions of these characters they created, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick it out without some major improvements.

I love how she was supportive in this game, but also called Clint on his ****. The story was great, and I will forever love that while she started off the game playing everyone in an attempt to get information, Clint is the only one she actually wanted to go on a date with. Makes my heart happy.

Would love to see more in this universe for sure, and some actual games that aren't complete cash grabs. I haven't tried Strike Force but I wonder if Natasha has a good role in that one?

I stopped playing Avac months ago for the same reason (time/money suck), but I actually really liked the flirting between Natasha and Falcon there. The real problem was that once you leveled up your characters to five, there was nothing left to do with them, storywise. I wanted to get my favorite characters ranked as high as possible, as quick as possible, so I could use them in more battles, but once I got them there, battles were the only thing they were useful for. A catch 22.

They really sucked the fun out of it by turning it completely into a combat game. We used to have the storyline that ran through the game as you leveled up until they had their space issue and stopped it. They promised a lot of fun additions like hangouts and dating, and never delivered. Now everything is locked behind RNG capsules, so no strategy at all anymore. It's really sad, as this started off as a cool idea, and seeing how they reinvented each character was fun. Now it's all wasted.

I would love to read a comic book set in this universe.

They really sucked the fun out of it by turning it completely into a combat game. We used to have the storyline that ran through the game as you leveled up until they had their space issue and stopped it. They promised a lot of fun additions like hangouts and dating, and never delivered. Now everything is locked behind RNG capsules, so no strategy at all anymore. It's really sad, as this started off as a cool idea, and seeing how they reinvented each character was fun. Now it's all wasted.

I would love to read a comic book set in this universe.
    Right, the stories are cute, but they're so limited. And usually I would look to fanfic to expand the universe, but 99% of the the fic is Steve/Tony, which, I like Steve/Tony, but some variety would be nice, too!

Lol yeah, not a lot of fic out there in this verse. I did have a small RP group going on twitter for a while but pretty much everyone lost interest in the game, and then playing in the verse. Was a lot of fun while it lasted, though. I'm only just getting back into writing fic again, maybe I should try this verse.

I hate that we never really got a good conclusion to the main story. It was so drawn out by the time they tried to explain anything I forgot what was happening. I don't even know if Natasha ever got her answers lol

I think that in theory, each event is supposed to bring us closer to finding the answers? But honestly I don't even care anymore. There was a time when I was spending every free second I had on that game, so I just had to stop cold turkey. And I rarely even miss it!

I do think they actually revealed the mystery, but I don't even remember what it was anymore. I can't even complete events sometimes they've boosted the difficulty so much, so I only see a small fraction of the story now. But it seems like just random, unrelated events going on lately.

I was hoping way back that they would add Liho to the game as a playable character, after they'd done so with Lucky. She did show up as a decoration, which was cool though, though she looked kinda weird.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Would love to see more in this universe for sure, and some actual games that aren't complete cash grabs. I haven't tried Strike Force but I wonder if Natasha has a good role in that one?
    I dropped Strike Force after about a couple weeks of playing it (I don't really have the time or money to stay invested in mobile games), but it's not quite as story heavy as a game like Avengers Alliance. I don't remember Natasha having a huge role outside of being a part of a few teams and such, but that might not be the case in the later story events that I didn't get to.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I stopped playing Avac months ago for the same reason (time/money suck), but I actually really liked the flirting between Natasha and Falcon there.
    I forgot all about the unspoken flirtiness between ScarJo and Anthony Mackie in Winter Soldier. They had chemistry! Kind of wish they had actually been an item in the MCU, I'm not opposed to it.

I haven't played Avengers Academy for dumb superficial reasons (I think Natasha's outfit is kind of ugly and IMO Natasha would have different and better style than that) but I sort of wish I had tried it out earlier from how you're describing it.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 08-19-2018 at 11:03 PM.