Page 401 of 402 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 6026

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well Natasha had known Logan for quite a while ago even b4 this issue. It was actually shown on Wolverine Origins that she was trained by Logan .
    If your talking about this series

that didn't begin until 2006, about 16 years after Uncanny X-Men #268 was published.

If you mean this series

that one came out in 2001 (11 years after Uncanny X-Men #268).

BANNED

Wolverine Origins has happened after the above mentioned Uncanny issue but according to Marvel Timeline , Logan has known Natasha b4 this issue which was shown as canon on Wolverine Origins .

Wolverine Origins has happened after the above mentioned Uncanny issue but according to Marvel Timeline , Logan has known Natasha b4 this issue which was shown as canon on Wolverine Origins .
    But it's a question of when the idea was first mentioned in a comic book story.

Let's face it, retcons can be a dime-a-dozen. They're now part of a character's story (until they're changed again so they're not), but it's also important to distinguish when such things are first mentioned in the actual comic book stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But it's a question of when the idea was first mentioned in a comic book story.

Let's face it, retcons can be a dime-a-dozen. They're now part of a character's story (until they're changed again so they're not), but it's also important to distinguish when such things are first mentioned in the actual comic book stories.
    Yeah i know it was retconned but it didn't have any bad influence on their relationship status quo for both of them . IMO it made the relationship more stronger for each of their point of view , but i guess if it bothers u then i can't really say about this .

Yeah i know it was retconned but it didn't have any bad influence on their relationship status quo for both of them . IMO it made the relationship more stronger for each of their point of view , but i guess if it bothers u then i can't really say about this .
    I'm not sure where you're going with all this . . . I was just trying to figure out what issue/story you were referencing for your "Natasha was his little uncle" comment and posted the cover of the comic book that I thought was the earliest published that referenced Natasha knowing Logan when she was still a child.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, I think UXM 268 is the first to mention the "little uncle" nickname? And then both Daniel Way's Origins and Black Widow: Deadly Origin reference it.

I'm keeping millernumber1 in my thoughts since Bleach Widow seems to still be a thing according to the new trailer. Although it looks like you can see her roots coming out a little more in the scene with Ronin.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    We'll have to wait and see...and buy it, so Marvel makes more!

I like Nat being hard edged, but I think she's complex, so when they ONLY have her being hard edged, it's frustrating. Liu, Ellis, and Deconnick all really played the complexity of her hard edges and her deep loves and compassions. I think Edmondson and Waid and Rosenberg did decent jobs (but honestly, the two solos were really kind of carried by the art), but all three of the last major Widow pushes feel like they didn't really MATTER to Nat. It's kinda sad that the last major run to MATTER for Nat (in terms of really changing her continuity) was Winter Soldier (or maybe Secret Empire, which had much the same effect of making Nat more isolated, dark, and cold).

Share the list! Even if you already have, it's nice to go through things like that again.

My list is pretty short, sadly. It's mostly the three already mentioned, probably Rucka, and maybe someone new like Cates.
    I didn't notice this reply back when you sent it lol, so I'll share the list! I think you can easily split it between

People who already wrote her who should have written her for a longer time:
    Marjorie Liu, Devin Grayson, Greg Rucka, Duane Swierczynski

People who wrote her for a tiny bit who had a great handle on her voice:
    WARREN ELLIS, Matt Kindt, Al Ewing, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Jim McCann

People who have never written her who would probably just do well:
    Jen Van Meter, Kathryn Immonen, Zeb Wells, Chelsea Cain

I think I had way more that I'm forgetting. I loved whenever Brubaker wrote from Natasha's POV in his Captain America stuff, but I want more Velvet from him way more than I want his Black Widow. Rosenberg is fine, but not really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I'm keeping millernumber1 in my thoughts since Bleach Widow seems to still be a thing according to the new trailer. Although it looks like you can see her roots coming out a little more in the scene with Ronin.
    Yeah, we know from promo art that she goes back to red at some point, so I'm guessing she changes her hair only before the Avengers kick in the endgame plan to defeat Thanos.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Yeah, I think UXM 268 is the first to mention the "little uncle" nickname? And then both Daniel Way's Origins and Black Widow: Deadly Origin reference it.

I didn't notice this reply back when you sent it lol, so I'll share the list! I think you can easily split it between

People who already wrote her who should have written her for a longer time:
    Marjorie Liu, Devin Grayson, Greg Rucka, Duane Swierczynski

People who wrote her for a tiny bit who had a great handle on her voice:
    WARREN ELLIS, Matt Kindt, Al Ewing, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Jim McCann

People who have never written her who would probably just do well:
    Jen Van Meter, Kathryn Immonen, Zeb Wells, Chelsea Cain

I think I had way more that I'm forgetting. I loved whenever Brubaker wrote from Natasha's POV in his Captain America stuff, but I want more Velvet from him way more than I want his Black Widow. Rosenberg is fine, but not really amazing.
    I appreciate that. Bleach my eyes! Bring back the red!

Thanks for the response! I'd totally forgotten asking.

I completely agree on Liu, Grayson, and Rucka. I really didn't enjoy Swierczynski - but then, every time he comes on a run I was enjoying, I don't like what happened when he was on it - Black Widow and Birds of Prey are the ones I particularly didn't enjoy. Ellis and DeConnick, absolutely. Van Meter as well. Kathryn Immonen's one book I read (a five issue mini about a bunch of female X-Men, I think) really didn't impress me - the dialogue was way to loose - swinging from serious to really goofy all the time. I haven't really enjoyed Cain's stuff, though I was looking forward to her sadly cancelled Vision book, and I don't know anything about Wells.

Rosenberg is just so painfully generic. And it's possible that I think that largely because I don't like the artists he's been paired with when he writes Nat. I think DeConnick with Woods, Ellis with Maleev (and the other murderer's row of artists on Secret Avengers), Rucka and Grayson with Jones - all of them are excellent writing teams, but they also got some of the best art talent available. I'm really hoping that the new mini has really high quality art to raise the writing to a level that Nat deserves! (Speaking of which, I need to remember to add it to my pull box...)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Domino is relaunching as a team book called Hotshots... and Nat's on the team.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...no-hotshots-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Domino is relaunching as a team book called Hotshots... and Nat's on the team.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...no-hotshots-1/
    Interesting...I haven't really liked most of Simone's stuff recently (Plastic Man really didn't work for me), but I am intrigued at the idea of a sort of Birds of Prey-esque story led by a Harley-esque character with Nat as a Huntress-esque character. I do love my esques.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I don't know if l am interested in seeing the Black Widow as a minor character in a series starring Domino.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Reminds me of the Liberators team that Liu wanted to do; too bad that Mystique and Elektra aren't on the team.

I was expecting Simone to at least pitch a book like this after she tweeted it, and I would have been pretty upset if Natasha wasn't on this tbh! I hope she interacts with Diamondback a good bit.

And I would have preferred to see her in the Marvel Knights reboot!

War is Hell variant cover by Checchetto.

DuOBE-8W4AAU36V.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    War is Hell variant cover by Checchetto.

DuOBE-8W4AAU36V.jpg
    I really wish we could get a Widow solo drawn by Checchetto...

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really wish we could get a Widow solo drawn by Checchetto...
    Me.
    Too.

Checchetto is one of my favorites.