Page 3 of 402 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Black Widow is amazing in the MCU. No damsel in distress but a cunning, deadly and dangerous woman you should take seriously and not turn your back on.

Ultimate Member

And she's also charming, witty, sarcastic, and funny as well (at least she was in TWS).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And she's also charming, witty, sarcastic, and funny as well (at least she was in TWS).
    AND fun to look at. Let's not forget that!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She was finally, fully realized in this film. I was glad to see that. Really believed Scarlett and I look forward to seeing her develop the character more. Glad I was proven wrong, but it's obvious the screenwriters treated her character with respect.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

She's ready for a solo movie.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    She's ready for a solo movie.
    I would agree with this, and if I'm not mistaken, isn't a Black Widow movie in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    I would agree with this, and if I'm not mistaken, isn't a Black Widow movie in the works?
    It's just rumours.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    They've mentioned it as a possibility, but being the cynic I am I'll believe they're serious about it when it actually goes into production.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    They've mentioned it as a possibility, but being the cynic I am I'll believe they're serious about it when it actually goes into production.
    Just throwing it out there but if they ever again put Elektra on the big screen, they should use the portrayal of Black Widow in the MCU as a base for her.

To bring this back to the Black Widow discussion, I wasn't blown away by the first couple issues of the current Black Widow solo series - has it gotten better? Or more interesting?

Extraordinary Member

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115912

Its strongly being considered me 'tinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Just throwing it out there but if they ever again put Elektra on the big screen, they should use the portrayal of Black Widow in the MCU as a base for her.

To bring this back to the Black Widow discussion, I wasn't blown away by the first couple issues of the current Black Widow solo series - has it gotten better? Or more interesting?
    Depending on how they handle it, I would tentatively agree. They'd have to find a way to make her more likeable to the audience, and her character isn't as chatty/snarky/talkative as Widow. She's simply a killer, and in comparison to the MCU Widow, more cold-blooded imo. But yeah, starting as a small support, then making her role pivotal and developing the character would be the way to go.

I wouldn't mind seeing the two team up in the MCU.

As for your comic question; I may be in yhe minority, but I don't think it's gotten better. I'll be dropping it from my pull list after this week's issue. I may still check it out in TPB format, we'll see.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I like her in Miller and Smith's Daredevil, and Fraction's Iron Man, but who writes the best BW solo?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Tough question there. I actually think Paul Cornell did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I like her in Miller and Smith's Daredevil, and Fraction's Iron Man, but who writes the best BW solo?
    For me, you can't beat Marjorie Liu's "Name of the Rose" arc in the last ongoing (issues 1-5).

(I personally hated Paul Cornell's mini. That one seems to be a love it or hate it story)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^ I almost picked up Liu's the name of the rose until I saw Kelly Sue DeConnick's name attached to it. I'm glad it's good, but I'm not a fan of Mrs. Matt Fraction.

I like the current series (even though picky me finds the personal stuff a little distracting.)

I think the last one I read prior to that was with Yelena.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy