Page 314 of 402 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 6026
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Nine inches! That's enormous!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have a joke lined up.

Will just say the statue is a fairly good representation of the actress.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Dunno how many here care about the game at this point but here's the first gameplay footage of Black Widow in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.

Coooool!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

ToS #3

OMH # 2
    Last edited by Winterboy; 11-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by StonedVolus View Post
    Dunno how many here care about the game at this point but here's the first gameplay footage of Black Widow in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.

So they didn't get Laura Bailey back as Chun-Li but it sounds like she's still reprising Black Widow...okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

ToS #3

OMH # 2
    Really like the cover, but still unsure about the premise (for ToS that is) .

Almost forgot, here's her render and alternate costume:
    17b231c63b458a9711330a68046b7098.jpg
    7d1737a4d8d8e91efd5aff465604b147.jpg

So, am I understanding the solicit right? Nat's alive but has amnesia?

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonedVolus View Post
    Almost forgot, here's her render and alternate costume:
    17b231c63b458a9711330a68046b7098.jpg
    7d1737a4d8d8e91efd5aff465604b147.jpg
    Oh, God. Is that her model in the game? It's so bad, what the hell, lol...

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I thought it was just someone else messing with Bucky and Clint. I'm a little confused, too.

Well, they're kind of vague about who they're dealing with in the solicits...

Black Widow gameplay trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    I thought it was just someone else messing with Bucky and Clint. I'm a little confused, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're kind of vague about who they're dealing with in the solicits...
    The whole point is for us not to know what's going on. For all we know Natasha may not even be alive when this story is over (which would really suck). Thus it's a Tale of Suspense!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    I'm not sure about other books, but this one...it's like he either quit reading after he made it through Morgan's crap, or he ran out of time and had to shove everything post-Bendis's run on Daredevil into like one chapter. It is just so haphazard - he waste so much space with Morgan with all of his mansplainy self-important nonsense and who's work - with the exception of the murder orphanage and chemical alteration - is nothing more than a weird AU everybody skips (unless your Joss Whedon). But then he only gives The Name of the Rose one page and doesn't even bother to interview Liu, which is insane since her work is seen as one of the definitive Black Widow stories and has set the tone for the character since it came out. And there's just bizarre decisions, like devoting two pages to Ult Team-Up #14 and the Widow storyarc in Daredevil, but not a single mention of Captain America or Winter Soldier. I mean, yeah Bendis was still with Marvel at the time the book was written and Brubaker isn't, but still that's two pages covering five issues vs. absolutely nothing for 50+ issues. (yes that is movie Bucky's background. but until Marvel finally replaces 616 Bucky with a MCU Bucky clone, it's still not comic book canon :P )
    Yep. Pretty disappointing that there was barely any relatively recent stuff on there and the recent ones that were included, I wish had just been skipped.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oooh, good call on the Disney Infinity. I think I'll go for that - under 4 bucks!

The amount of time devoted to things does sound really weird. Wait. Nothing with the Bucky backstory/relationship? That was so huge in developing her!
    There were just a few little mentions in the book - like that quote I posted earlier, and then captions for some of the covers like Black Widow #10 and Winter Soldier #2. ngl, as a Bucky/Natasha shipper I was so angry when I finished the book, but I like to think that even general fans of 616 Natasha would be dissatisfied or even a little angry at how the author glosses over their relationship. Like I said I'm biased, but looking at the totality of Natasha's history, Bucky's really the only person who's always accepted and understood Natasha for who she really is, not who they wanted her to be or who she felt she needed to be. Which isn't to say that means Bucky loves her more than Clint or Matt (though I would say Clint really did try to understand her, while Matt is Matt and there's a reason why people call him the worst boyfriend in the Marvel Universe). It's just to say that after all those years, it must have been so freeing to find someone who you didn't have to perform a version of yourself for, who accepted you fully without conditions, and still gave you the space you need to protect your most hidden secrets. I mean, this is still one of the best emotional sequences in her books:

That look of shock as she realizes he really means it, that he'll do whatever he can to help her no questions asked, no demands for explanations...it's just, how do you write her history, everything she's been through, and just skip over what this must have meant to her, you know? just argh!

But yeah the DI figures are awesome, I'm still mad they canceled the game not because I ever played it, but because I wanted more Marvel figures.