Page 11 of 402 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

I read #7 and I loved it! This is one of my favorite series right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    While she won't admit it, Spider-Man/Peter Parker is one of the few people who is not only a person that she can trust, but also a person who is her equal.
    No disrespect I love Spider-Man as much if not more than the next guy been collect his comics for more years than I care or can remember but NO peter is in no way shape or form Natasha’s equal. There are people like Sharon Carter, Mockingbird, Jessica Drew, Clint Barton possibly even Daredevil but that could be a stretch but not Spider-Man, Peter has always cared for the little guy and doesn’t really fight guys in big groups. He is a smart resourceful and excellent technician but Natasha is a master assassin for a reason.

This is a partnership that would eclipsed all of her other previous professional relationships combined because Peter is not Bucky Barns, Matt Murdock, Steve Rogers, or even Clint Barton in terms of having a double life: Normal and abnormal. I am quite certain that is Natasha hangs around Peter Parker long enough, she would develop a sense of humor that has certainly rubbed off on Jessica Drew that she wants webshooters of her own: ?
    One when did Jess say she wanted webshooters but I digress while it would be awesome to see it and it could eclipse the partnerships of Matt and Clint but really would like to know what you smoking if you think it’s better than a partnership between Natasha and Steve. The guy has as big a moral code as Spider-Man, is respected by all the people in NY and she wouldn’t need to hide it. No way is it better than Nastasha/Steve so it can’t eclipse them all, well that’s my opinion anyway.

I love this image, the only thing that would be better is to have Peter in Jess spot and have Jess on the Hulks shoulder just my opinion.

If Spider-Man can have a positive influence on Jessica's life, then it might have the same effect on Natasha.
    This is True but it could also have no effect what so ever and the big elephant in the room Natasha has no problem in putting people down, Pete has a massive problem with it to the point where he said that NO ONE WOULD DIE.

Besides the Punisher, it would be cool to see the Black Widow do a Spider-Man crossover event as well. A Spider-Man x Black Widow team-up(without the Avengers) would be awesome. Do you agree?
    I do damm that sounds like a marriage vow.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If no one was reading, Marvel would swing the axe.
    This

I would also like to weigh in, I think Marvel are heading down the Nat/Clint road because they are going with Steve/Sharon. Who would the ideal partner be for Black Widow as in life partner any thoughts, Mine are simple
    I like her with Cap but I also like him with Sharon
    I like her with Hawkeye but I like Clint with Bobbi more.
    I could see a Natasha Bruce but then I’m a big fan of Bruce/Betty
    They could do a Bucky/Natasha but then I haven’t seen enough of interaction between the two to make up my mind yet.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 06-06-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    They could do a Bucky/Natasha but then I haven’t seen enough of interaction between the two to make up my mind yet.
    They were together in the Brubaker runs of Captain America and Winter Soldier. I always found it the most organic, mature relationship in Marvel comics. Wish it had never ended and would love to see a good writer bring them back together (I assume Edmondson will be avoiding that for now)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    No disrespect I love Spider-Man as much if not more than the next guy been collect his comics for more years than I care or can remember but NO peter is in no way shape or form Natasha’s equal. There are people like Sharon Carter, Mockingbird, Jessica Drew, Clint Barton possibly even Daredevil but that could be a stretch but not Spider-Man, Peter has always cared for the little guy and doesn’t really fight guys in big groups. He is a smart resourceful and excellent technician but Natasha is a master assassin for a reason.

One when did Jess say she wanted webshooters but I digress while it would be awesome to see it and it could eclipse the partnerships of Matt and Clint but really would like to know what you smoking if you think it’s better than a partnership between Natasha and Steve. The guy has as big a moral code as Spider-Man, is respected by all the people in NY and she wouldn’t need to hide it. No way is it better than Nastasha/Steve so it can’t eclipse them all, well that’s my opinion anyway.

I love this image, the only thing that would be better is to have Peter in Jess spot and have Jess on the Hulks shoulder just my opinion.

This is True but it could also have no effect what so ever and the big elephant in the room Natasha has no problem in putting people down, Pete has a massive problem with it to the point where he said that NO ONE WOULD DIE.

I do damn that sounds like a marriage vow.
    I will only say that Spider-Man and The Black Widow could have had one of the most unique partnerships out there in the Marvel Universe. The problem is that NO SPIDER-MAN writer in the past(aside from those in the Marvel Team-Up series) were interested in using the Black Widow as a reoccurring guest. I think that Natasha fits in well in Peter's world. The problem is that there needs to be an Editor/Writer who wants to see this idea go forward because to keep the Black Widow in her usual circles gets repeated over and over again. To have her in Spider-Man's world would be a learning experience for both as it would show a comparison and contrast in their respective tactics and strategy that might lead to a collaboration for both them. And 30 years ago, who would have believed that Wolverine and Spider-Man would be best friends working together? I feel that Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov are long over due to play a more active role in Spider-Man's world with Peter Parker working alongside them in their respective cross over adventures. It gets boring to see writers putting Spider-Man alongside Daredevil and the Punisher for their crossover event. It's long overdue for Marvel to make things interest by doing the same with the Black Widow/Spider-Woman and Spider-Man in their crossover story arcs as well without the Avengers.

For some reason, the writers for Spider-Man wants to keep him at the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko mindset(which gets very old) by keeping him at the loner level like the Punisher/Daredevil/Moonknight respectively. Quite a serious imbalance. Placing the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and She-Hulk into Spidey's world on a personal level would make things interesting as well.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-07-2014 at 02:15 AM.

I will only say that Spider-Man and The Black Widow could have had one of the most unique partnerships out there in the Marvel Universe.
    I have no doubt that it would be unique but saying something is unique is different to say it would eclipse all her former partnerships, which is what i took offense at it the first place.

The problem is that NO SPIDER-MAN writer in the past(aside from those in the Marvel Team-Up series) were interested in using the Black Widow as a reoccurring guest. I think that Natasha fits in well in Peter's world..
    Thats the thing though does she, Peter is all about organised local crime where Natasha mainly deals more with the international spy stuff, don't know if thats acutally a fit could be wrong though.

The problem is that there needs to be an Editor/Writer who wants to see this idea go forward because to keep the Black Widow in her usual circles gets repeated over and over again. To have her in Spider-Man's world would be a learning experience for both as it would show a comparison and contrast in their respective tactics and strategy that might lead to a collaboration for both them.
    I'm curious because I think Natasha and Peter are in different mind sets which aren't compatiable no matter how much i would like them to be,

And 30 years ago, who would have believed that Wolverine and Spider-Man would be best friends working together?
    Fair Point

I feel that Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov are long over due to play a more active role in Spider-Man's world with Peter Parker working alongside them in their respective cross over adventures. It gets boring to see writers putting Spider-Man alongside Daredevil and the Punisher for their crossover event. It's long overdue for Marvel to make things interest by doing the same with the Black Widow/Spider-Woman and Spider-Man in their crossover story arcs as well without the Avengers.
    I personall want Marvel to keep their eyes open, if the widow is the right character for the story then bring in but if she doesn fit then don't use her, leaving her out and letting things get boring would be as bad as shoehorning her in so that she is then for the wrong reason.

For some reason, the writers for Spider-Man wants to keep him at the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko mindset(which gets very old) by keeping him at the loner level like the Punisher/Daredevil/Moonknight respectively. Quite a serious imbalance. Placing the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and She-Hulk into Spidey's world on a personal level would make things interesting as well.
    This may have something to do with a lot of fans believing he works better as a loner, as a outsider and not a member of any team.

Natasha looks like she wants to kill him.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 06-09-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I have come to appreciate ScarJo's performance as Black Widow more and more.

I think not being one of Hollywood's 'go-to-action-girls' works in her favor. She is cold and laconic but also laid back, humorous with a touch of warmth. I think that's the right mix for someone like Black Widow since those qualities come across from her depictions in the comics. I feel that any other actress would have played her too stiff and/or too angry.

Black Widow's a professional, she doesn't need to voice how bad ass she is, she shows it. Afterwards, whatever retorts or jokes she says before or afterwards is just icing on the cake and ScarJoh's delivery just makes it more memorable.

"Are you ready for the world to see you as you are?"

"Are you?"

---------------------------------
    "I only pretend to know every thing Rogers."
    --------------------------------

"Come on, everybody needs practice."

Then there is the classics:

"I don't see how that's a party."

"Banner....so that's your play."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Black Widow's ongoing solo is doing better in sales than other female ongoings. except Ms Marvel.

Started January 2014
    Black Widow 1 $3.99 Marvel 53,879
    Black Widow 1 $3.99 Marvel 2,674
    Black Widow 2 $3.99 Marvel 31,260
    Black Widow 2 $3.99 Marvel 2,343
    Black Widow 3 $3.99 Marvel 28,127
    Black Widow 3 $3.99 Marvel 2,060
    Black Widow 4 $3.99 Marvel 27,378
    Black Widow 5 $3.99 Marvel 27,055

Got the figures through comichron.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 06-11-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Issue #8 has Winter Soldier on the cover. I'm waiting for better numbers.

my favourite line is in Winter Soldier 'Hey guys, know where the Smithsonian is? I'm going to pick up a fossil.'
    I surrender to the Contest

I'm glad to hear about the sales for Black Widow, it deserves every last cent.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I love this, and i mean LOVE IT, it amazes me how many fantastic bits of art can come out through an appreciation thread.
    Truth is the best policy

Black Widow and her Avengers #31...
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22092