Page 15 of 402 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Thank you for starting this thread!!!!!! I have a new home. Sorry people. LOL And thank you fans giving feedback on the Winter Soldier & Black Widow thing, to a mega Natasha fan who is presently stuck in the past. (collecting and reading old Daredevil 82-100) to get a jist on Natasha & Matt's working relationship. I just picked up Tales of Suspense #52 at the Comicon here in Albuq, so frickin happy. Please no haters. Ok, without sounding too stuck in the past, what issues do I find the info you have been talking about concerning the Winter Soldier and Natasha? I have like everything going back to Marvel fanfare #10-12. Help!

What did guys think of today's issue? I thought it was really good, love seeing Bucky and Nat together.

The last page, the phone Maria mentions... what phone? I am totally blanking on this, when did Nat turn in a phone to them?

It made me sad

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I agree with the bold statement. I like to see Peter make an occasional guest appearance as himself rather than as Spider-Man because I have yet to see an interesting story dynamic between Peter and Natasha of which Peter provides technical devices that might be of use to her, as well as a story that could bond them together in connection to Peter's parents during her days as a KGB operative.
    A very interesting BW & Spidey was their 1st meeting. Amaz Spid #86 a must have for all Natasha fans. RE: Issue (Natasha designed and made here present black costume. Before that it was grey w/ black accents) Natasha wanted to learn, maybe stael some of Spidey's web tricks. She basically messed with him and then departed. Classic BW screwing with people. Thanx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I agree with the bold statement. I like to see Peter make an occasional guest appearance as himself rather than as Spider-Man because I have yet to see an interesting story dynamic between Peter and Natasha of which Peter provides technical devices that might be of use to her, as well as a story that could bond them together in connection to Peter's parents during her days as a KGB operative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neun View Post
    I'm really loving the pacing in Black Widow and I'm just excited about where the book will head next. Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto are just amazing together, and I think Mr. Edmondson is probably getting tired of seeing my name in his in Tumblr Askbox. (And I'm just like the happiest kid when he responds, even with just a simple "Thank you for reading" note. )

The solicit for Black Widow #10 has me a wee bit worried, though. Not so much for the Natasha vs. Clint part, but more of how Isaiah will be in trouble because I really like him/his character.

The book aside, I'm pretty glad at all the exposure Widow has both in the comics and movies. People may have said this before, but it's a great time to be a fan.

P.S.
    I'm sorry, but why is it every time I visit here, there's talk of Peter Parker? -_-

EDIT
    Phil Noto has a painting of Widow, DD and Elektra for Heroes Con 2014 auction! Anyone going to the con?

http://philnoto.tumblr.com/post/8976...14-art-auction
    Answer: Going to the Con? I just went last weekend here in Albuq and picked up Tales of Suspense #52 .... no ****. I traded a Batman #117 and four variants plus $25. I now have achieved BW nirvana with her 1st appearance. YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think their relationship is over ....

Incredible Member

It might still be possible, me thinks.

But shouldn't Nat figure out her past with Bucky because of the events of Original Sin? It seems like the perfect way to bring those memories back...

Also, I enjoyed the latest issue. Her gliding to the train was fantastic. Did anyone think Edmonson was alluding to Brubaker's run on Cap when Natasha says "...You always did impress me."? I remember Natasha saying something very similar in regards to Sharon when they find Aleksander and Zola's bodies when going to rescue her. Regardless, I could have done with more Widow and Winter Soldier taking down assassins together, but their scenes together were cool enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That's the whole point. The whole point of team books is that you have all different kinds of characters with very different backgrounds/skill-sets/ideologies all coming together. You can have your "god-like beings" like Thor, Hulk, Doctor Strange, etc and you can have your "badass normal" like Natasha, or Hawkeye, or Shang-chi, etc. And then you have everything in between. It'd be really boring just to have all the same kinds of characters on the team. And it's also boring to see character do the same types of stories over and over again/ Change things up, variety is good.
    My problem isn't because she's without powers or altered genetics but that she works better in her specific genre of Espionage stories
    involving infiltrating terrorist organization HYDRA, AIM and so forth.
    As to people liking change, Last time I checked fans hated change when Punisher was black faced, turned to an angel and a Frankenstein.
    Most fans prefer their street level heroes sticking to the grounded and mundane of crime busting and espionage.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    It might still be possible, me thinks.

But shouldn't Nat figure out her past with Bucky because of the events of Original Sin? It seems like the perfect way to bring those memories back...

Also, I enjoyed the latest issue. Her gliding to the train was fantastic. Did anyone think Edmonson was alluding to Brubaker's run on Cap when Natasha says "...You always did impress me."? I remember Natasha saying something very similar in regards to Sharon when they find Aleksander and Zola's bodies when going to rescue her. Regardless, I could have done with more Widow and Winter Soldier taking down assassins together, but their scenes together were cool enough.
    Yeah, I tooootally thought this was gonna happen, especially with those Bucky and Natasha Original Sin variant covers that came out right next to each other. The whole encounter felt kind of ambiguous, though. I could easily see another writer (or Edmonson, even) saying she remembered ever since Original Sin, but chose not to mention it.

I do remember Natasha saying something just like that to Sharon in Brubaker's Cap. If only Sharon was still alive, she could have been in one of these team-up issues. Putting Sharon in would be an easy way to explore Natasha's spying style by way of contrast.

This issue felt way happier than the last couple, which I liked. I mean, I do enjoy the dark and reflective tone of the book, but I also liked the change of pace. It kind of felt like the All-New Marvel NOW! Point One story.

God, I hope not. It felt a little ambiguous to me, that Edmondson was making no commitment to a relationship but not shutting down the possibility altogether. But maybe that's just my refusal to admit that they might never be together again........

I do think that Edmondson would treat it in the same mature, organic manner that Brubaker did so I still have hope.

I'm not following Original Sin. I know Bucky is a major player in it, but is Natasha really involved/effected by the story? Is it possible that she'll remember her feelings for him?
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    A very interesting BW & Spidey was their 1st meeting. Amaz Spid #86 a must have for all Natasha fans. RE: Issue (Natasha designed and made here present black costume. Before that it was grey w/ black accents) Natasha wanted to learn, maybe stael some of Spidey's web tricks. She basically messed with him and then departed. Classic BW screwing with people. Thanx BW12345
    I wished that Gerry Conway had used Natasha in Spider-Man as a frequent guest. Especially in light of Gwen Stacy's death as Spider-Man could have consulted with her about the loss of a loved one, which might have bonded them together as a shared tragedy that they could not prevent respectively. Imagine with the Black Widow and Spider-Man had worked together against Dr. Octopus and the Green Goblin at that time? This was partially why I wanted Natasha to be a part Spider-Man's world as much as Daredevil was from time to time because her dynamic with Spider-Man is quite different from her partnership with Daredevil.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    God, I hope not. It felt a little ambiguous to me, that Edmondson was making no commitment to a relationship but not shutting down the possibility altogether. But maybe that's just my refusal to admit that they might never be together again........

I do think that Edmondson would treat it in the same mature, organic manner that Brubaker did so I still have hope.

I'm not following Original Sin. I know Bucky is a major player in it, but is Natasha really involved/effected by the story? Is it possible that she'll remember her feelings for him?
    Natasha's somewhat involved in the Avengers-side investigation, but not really affected by the story, since it really focuses on the Watcher's murder. I doubt any revelation that Natasha remembers Bucky would happen within the book itself, since most all of the character-relevant secrets revealed have been explored outside of the main book.

Natasha was definitely in the crowd scene where the Watcher's secrets exploded onto everyone, though, so it's still possible that she could have remembered their relationship in that instant.

I'm honestly a little bit surprised that Black Widow didn't get an Original Sin tie-in since it seems writers love A) writing about Natasha's past and B) putting retcons in Natasha's past, but Edmonson has mostly been focusing on the present which is probably a good thing.