Page 2 of 402 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    I hope we'll finally learn what she thinks about the whole memory loss thing... Even if she didn't notice all the holes in her memories (they were together a couple years at least, that's some pretty big holes), somebody would've brought him up at some point, right? She has to at least know of him by now.

And they kinda have to address it, since Bucky still has the black and red star on his shoulder...
    Bucky is still technically dead to the world, so there's a reason he wouldn't come up in normal conversation, and I don't think it's very hard to handwave some kind of explanation where, at least temporarily, she couldn't even make new memories of him. After all, her question upon his rescue was "who the hell is Bucky?" She did, obviously, see him in the hospital. And mindwiping is weird.

For me, I don't need the actual nitty-gritty details about how this mindwipe worked, just a working status quo going forward. (One that hopefully I don't hate, fingers crossed.)

On a nice, non-Bucky topic, I like the fact that the second arc of her series is focusing some on the superhero connections she has. It's a nice counterpoint with the first arc, which has been wisely spent building up Natasha's own little world. Natasha may have spent some action scenes in issue #4 inner monologuing about how she's not Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, &c, but she is very much an Avenger, a superhero, and it's fun to explore how and if she balances that. I'm glad to see her team up with Matt, since that has been a while in coming, and ditto with the upcoming WS issue, but I hope not everything will be a tour of the ex-boyfriend gallery. I think she's kind of done a disservice her exes are the only significant connections comics remember, y'know? I hope for a Spider-Woman issue, maybe, since Jess and Natasha have become closer recently in Avengers books and she'd really suit the tone. Or maybe Noto would like to draw X-23 again? That was the arc Marjorie Liu was beginning to tell when X-23 got cancelled, it would be neat to see that thread being picked up.

Cannot wait to see Bucky and Nat again.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 05-01-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I got a good chuckle looking up Black Widow: In the Name of the Rose and saw Captain America as her lover. I was thoroughly confused for about 5 seconds until I remembered which Cap.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    I hope for a Spider-Woman issue, maybe, since Jess and Natasha have become closer recently in Avengers books and she'd really suit the tone. Or maybe Noto would like to draw X-23 again? That was the arc Marjorie Liu was beginning to tell when X-23 got cancelled, it would be neat to see that thread being picked up.
    I'd go for either. They both have that theme of a mentoring relationship... Natasha and a young(er) woman who experienced just a different version of her own past: a little girl being turned into a weapon.

lol this thread title is a mouthful.

Anyone else feel like re-reading the old Mighty Avengers with Widow?

Scar Jo's really turned me into a big Natasha fan. Just love Widow in the movies

The J-man

Yeah, I guess most people wouldn't come up to her and say "hey, about your dead boyfriend who was Cap for a while...", but I don't know, it seems odd that she'd be totally unaware of what happened, especially since she's kinda known for keeping tabs on everybody.

I hope they'll go back to being friends, at least. Their relationship was really cute and they could both use a little break from their existential angst.

Her friendship with Jess is my favourite thing about the new Secret Avengers run! I wonder how it'd translate to BW since the style is so different.

Ooh, I really liked the old Mighty Avengers. I think half the team had a crush on Natasha haha
    Last edited by Evie; 05-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Stefano Caselli artwork from Avengers World #1

Avengers World 1 page 10.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member

So badass. Damn.

Ultimate Member

So can we please get Spider Woman to guest star in her solo book, pretty please? Also, X-23 as well.

Extraordinary Member

Lets hope so, I'd love to see Jessica.

Dan Brereton
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...22417186_n.jpg
    Philip Tan

Marcio Takara
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That's gorgeous sir. Thank you for sharing.

I love Dan's pin ups. They have a terrific 1960s sex kitten look about them, but he always captures the specific character. Such a great Black Widow.

I am warming up the character again. I hope I can move beyond the private life stuff in her solo book and enjoy it.

Folks have been cheering in the theaters when she 'steps on Pierce's moment...'
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So can we please get Spider Woman to guest star in her solo book, pretty please? Also, X-23 as well.
    Yes! Agreed! I definitely want to see Spider-woman guest star, especially since they work together in Secret Avengers

SA #3 variant cover by Rags Morales...

That is a fantastic cover. Slowly catching up on the new SA. Fortunately it just started...