Page 229 of 402 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 6026

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Didn't Brubaker say he's done with superhero comics? Hmm...Kindt would be a cool choice if he's available. Liu would be great to see back again. I've always wanted to see Maleev draw a Black Widow book but since he's busy with Infamous Iron Man, that won't happen. W. Haden Blackman would be great too!
    Alas, Marjorie Liu might be too busy with Monstress. Excellent read by the way. It's my favorite pull right now bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Alas, Marjorie Liu might be too busy with Monstress. Excellent read by the way. It's my favorite pull right now bar none.
    Then let's throw in another name or two:
    * Genevieve Valentine, who wrote the Catwoman run with Selina as a crime boss
    * does anybody know if Janet Harvey would work?
    (She writes Angel City for Oni Press, though I haven't had a chance to read her work.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then let's throw in another name or two:
    * Genevieve Valentine, who wrote the Catwoman run with Selina as a crime boss
    * does anybody know if Janet Harvey would work?
    (She writes Angel City for Oni Press, though I haven't had a chance to read her work.)
    Please no, Genevieve is one of the worst writers ever. Her issues of Catwoman went nowhere. Her Xena is unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Please no, Genevieve is one of the worst writers ever. Her issues of Catwoman went nowhere. Her Xena is unreadable.
    Hadn't read her Xena, but I enjoyed her Catwoman run (even though it was a side of Selena that was totally different from what people would normally expect).

I wonder if Brian Azzarello might be available, though I know his New52 Wonder Woman run was usually either loved or loathed. (Me, I truly enjoyed it once I gave it a chance, though it was almost completely divorced from the pre-Flashpoint version(s) of the character.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hadn't read her Xena, but I enjoyed her Catwoman run (even though it was a side of Selena that was totally different from what people would normally expect).

I wonder if Brian Azzarello might be available, though I know his New52 Wonder Woman run was usually either loved or loathed. (Me, I truly enjoyed it once I gave it a chance, though it was almost completely divorced from the pre-Flashpoint version(s) of the character.)
    I loved Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman. Wouldn't be too against that idea. This is harder than I expected haha!

Marvel is bringing back the A-listers..
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...-listers-2018/

Fingers crossed for a "big" line-up on Black Widow.

BW by Jorge Molina...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Didn't Brubaker say he's done with superhero comics? Hmm...Kindt would be a cool choice if he's available. Liu would be great to see back again. I've always wanted to see Maleev draw a Black Widow book but since he's busy with Infamous Iron Man, that won't happen. W. Haden Blackman would be great too!
    Given how Brubaker treated her in his last WS arc, I'm not exactly enthusiastic about him writing Natasha right now.

Guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Given how Brubaker treated her in his last WS arc, I'm not exactly enthusiastic about him writing Natasha right now.
    After Fatale and Velvet, I'm willing to give him a chance. Alas, unlikely to happen.

Has Gail Simone been mentioned yet?
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Guys?
    Guess she still doesn't remember about Matt. Seriously, I enjoy their friendship but he's probably one of her worst boyfriends. Really sad this is ending next month.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    After Fatale and Velvet, I'm willing to give him a chance. Alas, unlikely to happen.

Has Gail Simone been mentioned yet?
    No, but she would be an interesting choice.

Another artist I want to see drawing Black Widow is (my friend ) Mike Deodato Jr.

I love that first drawing, Winterboy. Classic Natasha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Marvel is bringing back the A-listers..
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...-listers-2018/

Fingers crossed for a "big" line-up on Black Widow.
    I have to say, Widow DOES have a big line-up right now. I don't think that putting the Eisner-winning creative team of Waid and Samnee on a Black Widow book was anything but a huge move on Marvel's part and a clear sign of their desire to make a solo Natasha book a hit. The fact that it apparently isn't a big seller is just crazy to me and it says it all about what comic fans say they want and what they actually support with their dollars.

This run of Black Widow, on the surface, checks off a lot of those boxes that fans always claim they care about - a book that stars a classic character rather than a legacy version of that character, a book that feels true to the familiar, established essence of that character's appeal, a book that has a consistent creative team, a book that tells its own self-contained story that isn't constantly being roped into cross-overs and events. It seems to me that if people actually want more books like this, then they should be supporting this one.

If this run is ending as it looks to be and another relaunch is in the works, I don't know what a subsequent creative could do to make a Black Widow book more appealing than this one. But I guess we'll see...

The new issue out today was fantastic, as usual, by the way. Samnee's ability to draw action is next level.