Page 329 of 402 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 6026
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winterboy View Post
    bleach widow. Nooooooooo.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I love seeing her with Team Cap!

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I love seeing her with Team Cap!
    Same here.

Man, I really want to see a Black Widow movie...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I have to admit, I'm Team Iron Man both in the comics and the film (though I mostly just hate both side in the film). But if Team Cap is also Team Red Hair, I'm okay with it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to admit, I'm Team Iron Man both in the comics and the film (though I mostly just hate both side in the film). But if Team Cap is also Team Red Hair, I'm okay with it.
    Both sides in the film? I found either to be much more reasonable than the nonsense the characterizations in the original Comic Event were.

Starting a civil war for redhaired nat over teamblonde however is something I can support, haha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Both sides in the film? I found either to be much more reasonable than the nonsense the characterizations in the original Comic Event were.

Starting a civil war for redhaired nat over teamblonde however is something I can support, haha.
    I actually quite liked the original comic event, though its aftermath was mostly stupid (except for the Iron Man, Director of Shield comic, which could be largely why I'm on his side).

Cap defending Bucky without trying to explain himself at all, and Tony going berzerk because of his parent's death are both understandable, but it really feels like it's the dumbest possible choice the writers could have made for conflict.

END BLEACH WIDOW!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I actually quite liked the original comic event, though its aftermath was mostly stupid (except for the Iron Man, Director of Shield comic, which could be largely why I'm on his side).

Cap defending Bucky without trying to explain himself at all, and Tony going berzerk because of his parent's death are both understandable, but it really feels like it's the dumbest possible choice the writers could have made for conflict.

END BLEACH WIDOW!
    I actually ONLY liked the aftermath. Starting from there with New Avengers is essentially what got me into Comics.

As for the Movie: Well there could have always been a better reason for the final confrontation but it was still a more than solid one. And we got a great movie with a nice twist and lots of cool character moment TS out of it.

While, to me, the comic is only about shock value, mischaracterisations and a wasted premise.

But hey: Opinions and stuff. And we kinda went off topic there xD

END BLEACH WIDOW!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I actually ONLY liked the aftermath. Starting from there with New Avengers is essentially what got me into Comics.

As for the Movie: Well there could have always been a better reason for the final confrontation but it was still a more than solid one. And we got a great movie with a nice twist and lots of cool character moment TS out of it.

While, to me, the comic is only about shock value, mischaracterisations and a wasted premise.

But hey: Opinions and stuff. And we kinda went off topic there xD

END BLEACH WIDOW!
    Fair enough. To me, Civil War was much less about shock value than most of the events that followed, and I really dug the philosophical conflict. And Iron Man. The movie just felt really generic and faded out, with no bold choices, just lots of bickering and fighting and heroes making idiotic choices to increase the runtime of the movie.

BLEACH WIDOW MUST GO! Bring back Red on Black!

Back on topic: In the movies, I think that ultimately Cap was right, but he should have tried to compromise. I thought Natasha's position made the most sense: try for the diplomatic option, but when it comes down to it, you've gotta go with your conscience.

Funnily enough, one of the Black Widow comic series (I think it was Deadly Origin, but don't hold me to that) has a flashback with her explaining to Cap her reasons for joining Team Iron Man in that Civil War, and she mentions the possibility of switching teams. Even though the comic was written years later, and I don't think there was any indication at the time that she was conflicted... but at the same time, it was written before CA: CW came out, so it wasn't influenced by the movie. I guess it's just a coincidence.
    Last edited by OOTCS; 01-25-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Back on topic: In the movies, I think that ultimately Cap was right, but he should have tried to compromise. I thought Natasha's position made the most sense: try for the diplomatic option, but when it comes down to it, you've gotta go with your conscience.

Funnily enough, one of the Black Widow comic series (I think it was Deadly Origin, but don't hold me to that) has a flashback with her explaining to Cap her reasons for joining Team Iron Man in that Civil War, and she mentions the possibility of switching teams. Even though the comic was written years later, and I don't think there was any indication at the time that she was conflicted... but at the same time, it was written before CA: CW came out, so it wasn't influenced by the movie. I guess it's just a coincidence.
    I think it goes to show that Nat's always been someone who balances pragmatism, utilitarianism, and conscience/idealism, and that balance is very recognizably her own in the comics and movies.

But she didn't switch sides in the end because of her conscience, ultimately. Clearly she was conflicted and didn't want to fight her friends, but in the end she let Cap go because he wasn't going to stop and it was the best way to prevent more people from getting hurt. I actually really liked that that was her reasoning rather than out of any loyalty or changing her mind about Steve's position. Or at least that's how I remember it. I wasn't a huge fan of using the CW plot in the movies so only watched it once.

Ultimate Member

Also "doing it Cap's way," and his obsession with Bucky, is what let Zemo win in the end. So IDK that the film comes down on Cap's side in the end, also Tony's snaps because he found out that Cap kept the truth from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    But she didn't switch sides in the end because of her conscience, ultimately. Clearly she was conflicted and didn't want to fight her friends, but in the end she let Cap go because he wasn't going to stop and it was the best way to prevent more people from getting hurt. I actually really liked that that was her reasoning rather than out of any loyalty or changing her mind about Steve's position. Or at least that's how I remember it. I wasn't a huge fan of using the CW plot in the movies so only watched it once.
    That's what I'm saying - Nat balances pragmatism and conscience really carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    If I remember right her stopping T'Challa came across more from her believing in Steve then any loyalty to the Accords, Tony, or anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also "doing it Cap's way," and his obsession with Bucky, is what let Zemo win in the end. So IDK that the film comes down on Cap's side in the end, also Tony's snaps because he found out that Cap kept the truth from him.
    What let Zemo get as close as he came to victory in the end was anticipating how The Avengers and government would react and using that to make them explode themselves in the end.