Page 366 of 402 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 6026

Infinity Countdown Black Widow sneak peek...

IC BW by Brent Schoonover.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah, I agree that they'd see things differently. Like Nat said in her letter from Tales of Suspense, Clint doesn't stop caring about people just because they've hurt him. He gives everyone a second (and third, and fourth...) chance and doesn't hold things against them (see: Swordsman, Trick Shot, Barney, Eden from the circus, Eden from Kate's series, etc.). On the other hand, Nat is very hard on herself about the things she used to do back when she was a bad guy. So it makes sense that she hasn't really forgiven herself for turning him into a criminal, while he totally doesn't care about that at this point. And because of that, I don't think he's ever going to use the token. From his point of view, if he needs her help, he would want her to help him because of their friendship, not because she "owes" him for something she did a thousand years ago.
    Of course she would help him either way and he would want her to help him because they are close not because she owe's him.
    But I could see a scenario were he asks her to help him out with something that could potentially harm him were she initially doesn't agree to help him in order to keep him safe. Then he'd reluctantly get out the Marker, asking her again.
    It's similar to Blindspot were Clint was losing his eyesight but went out to see his personal mission through anyway. Cap followed him trying to bring him in and Clint actually had to beat down Steve in order to make his point.
    Only that he wouldn't beat down Nat and given the marker I could see her agreeing after all.

In the end she'd probably tell him to keep it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Oh yes, I would definitely agree with that reading. And it's not like Natasha doesn't help him anyways, regardless of whether he asked for it! Like when she took it upon herself to dig into Clint's love life in Fraction's run.

I think the only retread of the Silver Age stuff that I've really liked was issue #10 of Edmondson's stuff. I loved the decision to focus on the time period after Clint joined the Avengers and before Natasha defected from the Red Room.

I even like the weird out-of-place details, like Clint's never-seen-before tactical costume, and the idea that The Avengers would send Clint to stop the ~world-ending threat~ of Russian covert action in Pakistan. I like the way continuity and the timeline have to adjust for all these different sensibilities and stories.

I really do love Clint and Natasha's relationship (romantic and otherwise) because of how much they mean to each other and how they care for each other, even when they're not together. Tbh, I'm kind of upset about how it was handled in Secret Empire. Nick Spencer did fine in the main book, but the way it came off in Occupy Avengers was awful.
    I loved that part in the Story. It confused the hell out of me back then though since I was new to Comics and given the tactical gear and the short haircut I figured this was supposed to be set in a more modern time.

As for the Occupy Avengers interaction. Yes I didn't like it either but it wasn't just Nat's behaviour in that one, the whole tone felt off.

1) Clint feels guilt over killing a friend.
    2) Nat tells him he should get over it.
    3) She runs off, he runs after her.
    4) Scene ends in comedic fashion as everyone else laughs because Clint forgot to zip up his pants except for Nat who is already gone by then.

Either I too don't think their entire SE "romance" didn't come down to one kiss, one quicky and the split up. It just didn't feel that way.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Nik Virella's Infinity Countdown Black Widow...
    nik virella BW.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nik Virella's Infinity Countdown Black Widow...
    nik virella BW.jpg

I love Nik Virella's stuff. Her "Natasha Barnes" in the 1872 mini was a lot of fun.

She also has endometriosis and PCOS! Her family is trying to raise money for her surgery https://www.gofundme.com/niksendosurgery

I love Nik Virella's stuff. Her "Natasha Barnes" in the 1872 mini was a lot of fun.

She also has endometriosis and PCOS! Her family is trying to raise money for her surgery https://www.gofundme.com/niksendosurgery

Loving this art. And thanks for sharing the donate link!

Loving that artwork, she looks so sleek!

Really enjoyed reading all the conversation regarding the widow marker and Secret Empire. I agree that the scene in OA seemed out of place and not consistent with what we saw in the main title. I know chronologically that book covered everything, so I figured that was their first hookup, something that just happened in a time of heavy stress and high emotions, but as they continued to work together and Clint really stepped up as a leader for the resistance, it became more. It definitely felt like they had been together for a while in SE, and to me it made perfect sense considering their long history and strong relationship over the years. There's always going to be something there between them, and had the closet hookup gone nowhere it wouldn't have fit them at all; there's too many feelings there for something casual.

Infinity Wars: Requiem’s True Identity Has Universe-Shattering Consequences

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-wars-re...entity-teaser/

On the topic of the long awaited BLACK WIDOW solo movie... I'm pondering if swerving from the expected dark direction of the character's story (i.e.: The Red Room, The Red Ledger, Yelena Belova etc...) and going for a more high adventure Spy vs Spy direction might be a more exciting theatrical direction to take the character in her own feature.

Reading about the "SILVER&BLACK" Spider-Man spinoff movie, I think having Nat face off/team up with Sable in a similar scenario might be an interesting concept rather than further down the rabbit hole of dark stories from the Widow's past. A palette cleansing break with subsequent features re-introducing the Red history preparing to pass the Widow mantle to a successor as ScarJo departs the role.
    http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/s...-spinoff-movie

[IMG][/IMG]

I loved Natalia and Silvija in Spider-Man: Ends of The Earth.

sable and nat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the topic of the long awaited BLACK WIDOW solo movie... I'm pondering if swerving from the expected dark direction of the character's story (i.e.: The Red Room, The Red Ledger, Yelena Belova etc...) and going for a more high adventure Spy vs Spy direction might be a more exciting theatrical direction to take the character in her own feature.

Reading about the "SILVER&BLACK" Spider-Man spinoff movie, I think having Nat face off/team up with Sable in a similar scenario might be an interesting concept rather than further down the rabbit hole of dark stories from the Widow's past. A palette cleansing break with subsequent features re-introducing the Red history preparing to pass the Widow mantle to a successor as ScarJo departs the role.
    http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/s...-spinoff-movie

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is a very cool idea! I'm really not enthused about the idea of a Red Room/Origins film, and am hoping that's not the direction they go if they ever do get around to making a solo. High adventure spyjinks would be fun, and a genre they haven't tackled yet.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    This is a very cool idea! I'm really not enthused about the idea of a Red Room/Origins film, and am hoping that's not the direction they go if they ever do get around to making a solo. High adventure spyjinks would be fun, and a genre they haven't tackled yet.
    I think it's funny how many of us Black Widow fans aren't interested in the idea of more Red Room stories, haha. I definitely agree. I think that Man from UNCLE and Kingsman showed that audiences are interested in glossy, 60s-throwback spy movies. The paramilitary action-espionage movies of the Bourne era are getting a little stale, to be honest. It would take a little finagling to get the MCU version of Natasha to fit, but Black Widow would (probably) thrive in a Cold War-throwback movie.

art by Leandro Matos

I think it's funny how many of us Black Widow fans aren't interested in the idea of more Red Room stories, haha. I definitely agree. I think that Man from UNCLE and Kingsman showed that audiences are interested in glossy, 60s-throwback spy movies. The paramilitary action-espionage movies of the Bourne era are getting a little stale, to be honest. It would take a little finagling to get the MCU version of Natasha to fit, but Black Widow would (probably) thrive in a Cold War-throwback movie.
    Honestly this movies have gotten stale after the second Bourne flick, in my opinion at least.
    Don't get me started on modern Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandro Matos
    The Anime factor is strong with this cleavage, haha.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 05-18-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Infinite Countdown: Black Widow by Brent Shoonover.

brend BW.jpg