Page 389 of 402 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 6026

...Just saw Flaviano's artwork in Power Man.

No thanks
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    ...Just saw Flaviano's artwork in Power Man.

No thanks
    Fair enough. What I saw on deviant art looked a lot better than Tales of suspense or Punisher.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fair enough. What I saw on deviant art looked a lot better than Tales of suspense or Punisher.
    Power Man & Iron Fist
    5269661-pmif2016005_int2-2.jpg

I'm GrooGROOT2_Prev-7.jpg

This is not for me, sorry.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Power Man & Iron Fist
    5269661-pmif2016005_int2-2.jpg

I'm GrooGROOT2_Prev-7.jpg

This is not for me, sorry.
    Totally fair. But I like a Scottie Young/Sonny Liew style. We will have to see if it works for Nat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

One storyarc, six issues and this book will be cancelled. Trust me.

Black Widow needs a solid creative team IMO.
    Experience time is over.
    A solid, experienced creative team like Nat's last solo had in Waid/Samnee?

If that Eisner-award winning team couldn't get past twelve issues, anyone has as good a shot as anyone else of making a BW book click.

I'm intrigued by the premise of this book and will give it a shot.

I think Waid/Samnee only ended the book because they only had a story to tell for 12 issues and jumped to Cap.

I'll give this a chance but Flavino's art looks like a downgrade from the last 3 series.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Ehhhh, I can take or leave the brutal/violent direction, but it’s very cool that Marvel was able to bag the Soska sisters to write this! Just very happy to see this. Also wondering whether this is planned as a new ongoing or just a mini/limited run.

Edit: Also, not too sure how Natasha is still supposed to be “dead to the world” after interacting with the hero community in some very big ways in Punisher and Infinity Wars.
    Yes, I agree and probably feel even more ehhh with a more brutal Natasha. Not terribly interested in a female punisher if that’s their goal. Nat’s got enough history I don’t think she needs re inventing. Gotta side with Winterboy, a committed solid team would be so nice, and a commitment from editorial to withstand the vicissitudes of market would be such a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Yes, I agree and probably feel even more ehhh with a more brutal Natasha. Not terribly interested in a female punisher if that’s their goal. Nat’s got enough history I don’t think she needs re inventing. Gotta side with Winterboy, a committed solid team would be so nice, and a commitment from editorial to withstand the vicissitudes of market would be such a gift.
    What I want is a solid story. If that story involves Nat being brutal, that's great. If it involves her being more reconstructed, that's also great. As I previously mentioned, my favorite stories with Nat span that gamut - Deconnick's Avengers Assemble is much more, well, Avengers for her. Ellis's Secret Avengers is of course, more wetwork. And Liu's Name of the Rose is sort of between the two.

For me, as long as the story is good the art can be a little bit "bad". They have to win me over with the first issue though, but I do like Madripoor stories.

I'm curious what characters are going to show up in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    For me, as long as the story is good the art can be a little bit "bad". They have to win me over with the first issue though, but I do like Madripoor stories.

I'm curious what characters are going to show up in the series.
    I'm tired of "meh" stories with bad art. So I'm hoping for good for both

What I want is a solid story. If that story involves Nat being brutal, that's great. If it involves her being more reconstructed, that's also great. As I previously mentioned, my favorite stories with Nat span that gamut - Deconnick's Avengers Assemble is much more, well, Avengers for her. Ellis's Secret Avengers is of course, more wetwork. And Liu's Name of the Rose is sort of between the two.
    Good solid story, of course. Vacuous, arbitrary miniseries, probably not. I actually want good stories, but many of them, that brings a commitment to the character over time. Same issue with the hodgepodge of Winter Soldier writings. Really tired of the one night stands we get from Marvel. Put her in the Avengers again or back in Captain America. The character well written elevates any series.

I'm tired of "meh" stories with bad art. So I'm hoping for good for both

Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Good solid story, of course. Vacuous, arbitrary miniseries, probably not. I actually want good stories, but many of them, that brings a commitment to the character over time. Same issue with the hodgepodge of Winter Soldier writings. Really tired of the one night stands we get from Marvel. Put her in the Avengers again or back in Captain America. The character well written elevates any series.
    Absolutely. I hope that we at least get a good story out of this run! (Now I just need to avoid learning anything about any of the people involved in this series, so I don't feel like I'm buying the work of temper-tantrum throwing jerks... )

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    A solid, experienced creative team like Nat's last solo had in Waid/Samnee?

If that Eisner-award winning team couldn't get past twelve issues, anyone has as good a shot as anyone else of making a BW book click.

I'm intrigued by the premise of this book and will give it a shot.
    The run was designed from the beginning to only be twelve issues. Trust me there were plenty of people who didn't want to see the book end, but it was always supposed to be a maxiseries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    The run was designed from the beginning to only be twelve issues. Trust me there were plenty of people who didn't want to see the book end, but it was always supposed to be a maxiseries.
    Even if it was planned ahead of time as twelve issues, had the book really taken off, I'm sure there would have been talk of extending its run - whether with Waid/Samnee or by bringing in a new creative team.

That was a seriously great series but the interest level from readers didn't seem to be there, sadly.