Page 395 of 402 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 6026

New interview with the Soska sisters here: https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-jen-...ska-interview/

Jen Soska:It’s funny to say, but it’s actually her heart and compassion that lead her down this dark path of bloody justice.

This is something I really feel about Nat. I think I'm going to like this series a lot.

Invincible Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Homecoming and the MAX stories are still considered canon.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    New interview with the Soska sisters here: https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-jen-...ska-interview/

This is something I really feel about Nat. I think I'm going to like this series a lot.
    My only "problem" with this is that it seems like a interesting yet one off arc. It doesn't seem like the set up for an ongoing. Not enuff talk of supporting cast, rogues gallery, home base, etc...

BW by Ramon Villalobos and Jae Lee.
    Ramon Villalobos BW.jpg
    Jae Lee BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Black Widow and Tyger Tiger team up? Yes, please!

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Homecoming is confusing because it’s written like it was intended to be out-of-continuity (it just makes a lot more sense that way), but it was treated as more-or-less canon by most of the stories that followed. Pale Little Spider came out when a lot of the MAX stories weren’t in continuity but I don’t think there’s any reason to think that it isn’t because of how it lines up with the other early Yelena stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow by Juan Ferreyra.

Yes. She's going to show up in the pages of Killmonger series.

Attachment 73328
    Hm, I wonder if this story takes place before the fall of SHIELD, then? Or is Marvel actually going to pick up on the end of Bendis’s Iron Man and start to reintroduce it?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Cool! It sounds like a pretty awesome story, so I was hopeful.

I really hope that whatever we get from the new Widow miniseries, it won't be something that just does the same thing, but really pushes Widow and makes a memorable story. I think back to my favorite three Widow stories - Warren Ellis's Widow one-shot as part of his Secret Avengers run, DeConnick's two-shot as part of her Avengers Assemble run, and Liu's Name of the Rose, and all of them really pushed Nat past the normal Red Room stuff, without ignoring it. Much as I enjoyed the Edmondson/Noto run, and I appreciate that it had a new villain, it tended to rely a bit too heavily on Red Room stuff (though that might just be the final two issues coloring the series, which is why I didn't buy them). I just don't want another fairly forgettable solo series. (There are other Widow appearances I love, including Grayson and Rucka's stuff, Fractions use of her in Stark Disassembled, etc, but those are my favorites.)
    I’m with you 100%. I really love parts of the last two solos and Tales of Suspense, but they’re not in the neighborhood of stuff I prefer like Liu’s run or Ellis’s use of her. I think a big part of that has to do with the fact that that these writers can’t avoid the Red Room for any significant period of time, and that they all kind of turn to a really brutal, aggressive, prickly take on the character without exploring many of the layers underneath that. I have a fairly long list of writers I would want to see return to the Widow or be able to take a chance on writing her, and honestly, I was kind of disappointed when Marvel reached for an all-new creative team instead of reading my mind and catering to my highly specific choices, haha. And if I’m totally honest, I didn’t love the Soskas early descriptions of their direction — although the fact that they love Name of the Rose definitely warmed me up to them and made me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    My only "problem" with this is that it seems like a interesting yet one off arc. It doesn't seem like the set up for an ongoing. Not enuff talk of supporting cast, rogues gallery, home base, etc...
    Looks like it really is going to be just a mini. :/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I’m with you 100%. I really love parts of the last two solos and Tales of Suspense, but they’re not in the neighborhood of stuff I prefer like Liu’s run or Ellis’s use of her. I think a big part of that has to do with the fact that that these writers can’t avoid the Red Room for any significant period of time, and that they all kind of turn to a really brutal, aggressive, prickly take on the character without exploring many of the layers underneath that. I have a fairly long list of writers I would want to see return to the Widow or be able to take a chance on writing her, and honestly, I was kind of disappointed when Marvel reached for an all-new creative team instead of reading my mind and catering to my highly specific choices, haha. And if I’m totally honest, I didn’t love the Soskas early descriptions of their direction — although the fact that they love Name of the Rose definitely warmed me up to them and made me excited.
    We'll have to wait and see...and buy it, so Marvel makes more!

I like Nat being hard edged, but I think she's complex, so when they ONLY have her being hard edged, it's frustrating. Liu, Ellis, and Deconnick all really played the complexity of her hard edges and her deep loves and compassions. I think Edmondson and Waid and Rosenberg did decent jobs (but honestly, the two solos were really kind of carried by the art), but all three of the last major Widow pushes feel like they didn't really MATTER to Nat. It's kinda sad that the last major run to MATTER for Nat (in terms of really changing her continuity) was Winter Soldier (or maybe Secret Empire, which had much the same effect of making Nat more isolated, dark, and cold).

Share the list! Even if you already have, it's nice to go through things like that again.

My list is pretty short, sadly. It's mostly the three already mentioned, probably Rucka, and maybe someone new like Cates.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

my first homemade Black Widow tale.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

This mini comic was made in 2002
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Very interesting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

MARVEL COMICS FIRST LOOKS: THE AVENGERS #10

Written by: Jason Aaron.
    Art by: Ed McGuinness, Adam Kubert, Andrea Sorrentino, David Marquez.
    Covers by: David Marquez, Jong-Ju Kim.
    Description: After 700 issues of saving the world, you'd think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor's fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that's not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!

Red Widow?
    I think Natasha will be joining the Avengers soon...
    red widow.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...avengers10.htm

MARVEL COMICS FIRST LOOKS: CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1

Written by: Will Pilgrim.
    Art by: Andrea DiVito.
    Covers by: Photo.
    Description: Before Carol Danvers takes flight in 2019's first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, Nick Fury and Maria Hill set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of Captain Marvel!

sokovia.jpg
    sokovia 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    MARVEL COMICS FIRST LOOKS: CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1

Written by: Will Pilgrim.
    Art by: Andrea DiVito.
    Covers by: Photo.
    Description: Before Carol Danvers takes flight in 2019's first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, Nick Fury and Maria Hill set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of Captain Marvel!

sokovia.jpg
    sokovia 2.jpg
    Is this like the previous preludes, basically just comic adaptations of the previous films, or is it actually a new story?

Deadly Natasha by Sebastian Piriz.

sebastian piriz BW.jpg