Page 399 of 402 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402 LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6026

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am tempting to think that there are two versions of Spoiler right ? One version has died before Pre Crisis/Pre New 52 and another was born after New 52 .
    No, there's only been one version of Spoiler that I'm aware of.
    The Stephanie Brown version of the character was introduced in 1992, about six years after Crisis on Infinite Earths. (Crisis on Infinite Earths is what most people are referring to as "pre-Crisis" or "post-Crisis".)
    As for pre-New52, Spoiler/Stephanie Brown had more of a backstory (also being a former Robin and later a Batgirl), but those incidents seem to have not necessarily have happened any longer in the main continuity. She's still Stephanie Brown, and she's still the daughter of a Baman-villain called Cluemaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Not to get too deep in the DC/non-Nat convo, but yes, there are two versions of most characters because of Flashpoint/n52. The current version of Spoiler is still very much a Bat/Gotham character, but all versions of Steph have been a bit of an outsider to the group.

The same colors can have different connotations depending on their context, for me. So Mary Jane Watson's hair doesn't symbolize danger like it does for Nat, more fun and wild free spirit. Steph is characterized in many of her stories as hopefully and sunny, so that's why I like her blonde hair.

This brings up an interesting question regarding Yelena as the second Black Widow - to me, her blonde hair fits with her younger, less certain history, but it doesn't really fit with her weird newer persona (when she has the multiple eyes and stuff).
    If i recall Yelena died during TOS right ? I have never really known her character(or cared for her) tbh since Natasha always overshadows her as Black Widow .
    Regarding Steph , i am still little confused about her sunny nature but i guess i have to read more comics .

I have all 18 in floppies. Does the trade for #1 include the short story that was in the big collections of new series teasers from before the first issue launched?
    If you mean the story that was in All-New Marvel NOW! Point One #1 back in 2014, that was included in the first volume tpb collection.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you mean the story that was in All-New Marvel NOW! Point One #1 back in 2014, that was included in the first volume tpb collection.
    Yeah, that one! Cool, thanks for the info!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I dunno about SOME fans (who are WINTERY ) but I prefer red to Bleach Widow.
    What???
    IMG_20181122_235804208.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, there's only been one version of Spoiler that I'm aware of.
    The Stephanie Brown version of the character was introduced in 1992, about six years after Crisis on Infinite Earths. (Crisis on Infinite Earths is what most people are referring to as "pre-Crisis" or "post-Crisis".)
    As for pre-New52, Spoiler/Stephanie Brown had more of a backstory (also being a former Robin and later a Batgirl), but those incidents seem to have not necessarily have happened any longer in the main continuity. She's still Stephanie Brown, and she's still the daughter of a Baman-villain called Cluemaster.
    I tend to see those two versions , having different characterization w.r.t Bruce . If i vaguely recall correctly Stephanie admired Bruce a lot , up until Bruce and Stephanie part ways cause's Bruce thought that she was not like Dick/Tim and she has jeopardized two missions .

But b4 her death during War Games / War Drums , Stephanie said the that she is part of a legend(Batman) and that inspires her a lot .

After Flashpoint/New 52 she has always been a distant character towards Bruce and she even despised Batman quite a no of times .

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I tend to see those two versions , having different characterization w.r.t Bruce . If i vaguely recall correctly Stephanie admired Bruce a lot , up until Bruce and Stephanie part ways cause's Bruce thought that she was not like Dick/Tim and she has jeopardized two missions .

But b4 her death during War Games / War Drums , Stephanie said the that she is part of a legend(Batman) and that inspires her a lot .

After Flashpoint/New 52 she has always been a distant character towards Bruce and she even despised Batman quite a no of times .
    We'd love to chat about Steph over on her own appreciation thread, if you have any questions or just want to enthuse about her! https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2018/page29

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    What???
    What, me?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

What, me?
    blench widow.jpg

Natasha by George Perez.

perez bw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by winterboy View Post
    my eyesssss!!!

BANNED

We'd love to chat about Steph over on her own appreciation thread, if you have any questions or just want to enthuse about her! https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2018/page29
    Oh i am not so much into Steph or Batman to be honest , i have liked them a lot when i read some of Batman comics that's all .

But i have stopped reading old batman comics for quiet a while cause's i am not liking current King's comics whatsoever .

It's just that when I read new comics then I become enthusiastic of reading their old comics more and more but that's not happening since rebirth , at least for Batman .

If u can give me good read for Batman comics or some story line regarding Stephanie then i give it a try . Regardless i will join Stephanie or other Batman threads .
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-26-2018 at 01:07 PM.

BANNED

Natasha by George Perez.

perez bw.jpg

That's Natasha in much more fashionable look

Pics of the week...

Amazing Spider-Man #10
    asm 10.jpg

Daredevil #612
    DD 612.jpg

Old Man Hawkeye #11
    omh 11.jpg

BANNED

Pics of the week...

Amazing Spider-Man #10
    asm 10.jpg

Daredevil #612
    DD 612.jpg

Old Man Hawkeye #11
    omh 11.jpg
    Have u read OMH ? it was a good issue . Poor Clint he didn't got his revenge lol .

Btw Clint also showed up on Dead Man Logan #1 . It was really nice issue . I think u should read that issue imo .