Page 4 of 402 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    ^ I almost picked up Liu's the name of the rose until I saw Kelly Sue DeConnick's name attached to it. I'm glad it's good, but I'm not a fan of Mrs. Matt Fraction.
    Calling her Mrs. Matt Fraction is really rude, she has made a name for herself, he has nothing to do with it.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Calling her Mrs. Matt Fraction is really rude, she has made a name for herself, he has nothing to do with it.
    A certain interpretation of my comment, which I understand. I know she's made a name for herself, but I always know her as his wife.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-07-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Whatever... I hardly find this rude but opinions are opinions
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I like her in Miller and Smith's Daredevil, and Fraction's Iron Man, but who writes the best BW solo?
    Richard K. Morgan and Greg Rucka.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

The MCU and the new run has taught me to love Natasha and everything she does.

Ultimate Member

The newest issue was really good. I'm curious to see who or what this new threat is. Also, more of Nat's adorable kind-of pet cat.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Black Widow has some pretty funny lines at the beginning of Original Sin #1.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    To bring this back to the Black Widow discussion, I wasn't blown away by the first couple issues of the current Black Widow solo series - has it gotten better? Or more interesting?
    The story is connecting the dots more, instead of one-shot missions. Issues 4 & 5 were mostly action, and I thought #6 was probably the best issue and a nice thematic end to the arc that builds on the previous emotional beats. The art hasn't gotten any better or worse and the dialogue can still be a bit uneven. So, it probably depends on what you didn't like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I like her in Miller and Smith's Daredevil, and Fraction's Iron Man, but who writes the best BW solo?
    Another vote for Marjorie Liu. I also like the Grayson/Rucka stuff.
    Last edited by Hrist; 05-07-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Kelly Sue (whom I personally adore) only has a short story they added to increase the page count for the trade. The primary story is written by Marjorie Liu and it's fantastic. But if you don't care for personal stories it might not be for you.
    Thanks for that descriptor, Klynn. I'm really only interested in reading the material with Bucky, whom I heard has a part in Liu's story. The personal life stuff in the current book just seems out of place to me.

From what I remember, he's not really in it much

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    From what I remember, he's not really in it much
    Ok, it's a skip. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Thanks for that descriptor, Klynn. I'm really only interested in reading the material with Bucky, whom I heard has a part in Liu's story. The personal life stuff in the current book just seems out of place to me.
    He's in it briefly, but used well. They are my all-time favorite Marvel couple, loved what Brubaker did with them in Captain America. Liu honors that relationship, but it's not a primary focus of the story.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Black Widow has some pretty funny lines at the beginning of Original Sin #1.
    ...and I love the way Deodato draws Natasha.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

liked issue 6 a lot. Continues to be one of the best looking books on the market today, and she finally let the cat in.

Extraordinary Member

I hope we get a OHC. Long time, but I still hope.

BW & Daredevil.

I knew it!