Page 51 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    And at times his art just comes off as plain and ugly to me. Other than certain specific panels there is nothing attractive at all about his black widow.
    I'm glad somebody else said it. I looked at the latest preview and, in some of the interior panels, Natasha looks like a dude. She looks great on the cover, but man...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Natasha looks like a dude. She looks great on the cover, but man...
    Agreed.
    It's shame because Noto really know how to draw women...
    noto women.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

She looks great to me. And quite honestly when I'm looking for an artist to draw Black Widow the badass spy, having her look "sexy" is FAR down the list of priorities to me. I care MUCH more about her looking competent/badass/etc.

You're not wrong, Punisher.
    But Natasha is Russian and most of Russian (spy) girls are beautiful...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I think that's the point, though? There are moments when Natasha looks really beautiful, but also moments when she looks desperate or frightening. That's what we're getting in the preview: what Natasha is doing isn't pretty, so she doesn't look pretty. She pulled her hair back and painted herself with body goop and is now trying to scare a guy into talking. Noto pretty deliberately chooses harsher lines for certain scenes, and then softer focus for others. The strong point of his artwork through the run has been visually evoking mood, imo.

Seriously, super models won't look like they do on the runway if you cover them with dirt, pull their hair back, put them in army fatigues, and make them run 20 miles. That doesn't make them ugly.
    Last edited by Hrist; 01-16-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post

Seriously, super models won't look like they do on the runway if you cover them with dirt, pull their hair back, put them in army fatigues, and make them run 20 miles. That doesn't make them ugly.
    Yeah. I see my wife everyday after her evening running.

BW by John Yandall...
    bw by JohnYandall.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 01-16-2015 at 01:43 PM.

BW by Caselli...
    bw armor.jpg

BLACK WIDOW #17
    NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)
    PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD!
    • Natasha has been invited to see the beast from within: will she accept?
    • Past and present collide as both young and current Natasha decide who controls the future.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...4017-283ff.jpg

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    BLACK WIDOW #17
    NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)
    PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD!
    • Natasha has been invited to see the beast from within: will she accept?
    • Past and present collide as both young and current Natasha decide who controls the future.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...4017-283ff.jpg
    Like I said on the other Preview Page Winterboy, I am Liking the Cover for Black Widow #17!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Looks like we'll be getting more flashbacks? I really liked the flashback in issue 10. It was really well-done. I think it was a good take on a specific point in time in Black Widow and Hawkeye's relationship. I wonder if the fact that he specifies "young" means we'll actually see something from 50 years ago. Edmondson hasn't really brought up Natasha's age yet (which is probably for the better in making this book accessible to movie fans), but he might use it to do something interesting.

On the other hand, this might just be about time travel.

Just FINALLY caught with all my issues of Black Widow recently, all bought on the days they came out as well, none-back issued bind or TBP!

Really, like I said on another thread just now I Appreciated the Fact that this book not only works towards Natasha's Strengths and themes, but by that it stands out from All other books by being a Spy/Mystery thriller not based on Big Fights being the main focus, but the levels of complex organization the CHAOS is and the ever changing events of each of Natasha's contract missions.

I like the fact that in the earlier issues we get monologues that are short and sweet towards Natasha's philosophies in life; what home is, how close she is to others, the differences she has in approaching each mission and how each mission makes her fell. In the end she is her own women that makes her own mark in life, whether as a Spy or Avenger, she will do it her way.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just FINALLY caught with all my issues of Black Widow recently, all bought on the days they came out as well, none-back issued bind or TBP!

Really, like I said on another thread just now I Appreciated the Fact that this book not only works towards Natasha's Strengths and themes, but by that it stands out from All other books by being a Spy/Mystery thriller not based on Big Fights being the main focus, but the levels of complex organization the CHAOS is and the ever changing events of each of Natasha's contract missions.

I like the fact that in the earlier issues we get monologues that are short and sweet towards Natasha's philosophies in life; what home is, how close she is to others, the differences she has in approaching each mission and how each mission makes her fell. In the end she is her own women that makes her own mark in life, whether as a Spy or Avenger, she will do it her way.
    I'm glad you liked it, my friend.

Fingers crossed to see a Scarlet Witch ongoing someday.

I'm glad you liked it, my friend.

Fingers crossed to see a Scarlet Witch ongoing someday.
    Indeed I did Winterboy, ALLOT! ;-)

I felt bad it took me so long to catch-up, but have had a crazy past few months and stuff, so I have a Big Back-Log to get to, but this book indeed was on my list to Want to catch-up on and it did not disappoint for a moment. I have also been happy to see in April 2015 previews it is not getting cancelled and will continue; seems like ever few months one does and that makes me sad, glad to see Widow is still going strong! The story feels barely half way over, so I think Marvel will and should give it time to work mystery of CHAOS out and beyond.

As for Scarlet Witch, Each Day I keep Hoping Indeed the News to come across the CBR or other News Sites pages and say "Scarlet Witch Solo", if that Happens I will be as Happy as the Day I go to see Avengers 2!!!

Thanks for the Support of a Wanda book, Means allot, Hopefully and I keep hoping for Wanda to have more crossovers with other Avengers like Carol, Storm and Black Widow as well, either in her book or another Avengers book or in a Wanda Solo! ;-)

Cool

Black Widow Prestige series
    by Thuddleston

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Black-...ries-301342761

Classic and modern, I love this costume.