Page 55 of 402 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Matteo Scalera BW...
    Scalera BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Hey BW fans , could anyone tell me about the "Coppelia"/"Tiny Dancer" storyline? I'm interested in reading it.. Please & Thanks...

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Hey BW fans , could anyone tell me about the "Coppelia"/"Tiny Dancer" storyline? I'm interested in reading it.. Please & Thanks...
    Kelly Sue DeConnick and Jamie McKelvie did a short story in the "Enter the Heroic Age" one-shot called Coppelia to promote the then-current volume of Black Widow. It was about Natasha tracking down the whereabouts of an 'assassination weapon' known as Tiny Dancer. It ends a little abruptly and I think the implication is that it explains Natasha's membership in the first iteration of the Secret Avengers.

Kelly Sue then picks up on the story of Tiny Dancer in the "Captain America and the Secret Avengers" one-shot which, despite the title, is a Black Widow/Sharon Carter team-up. That's the extent of what happens with the Tiny Dancer story.

I really liked the story - through I think I prefer the half with Jamie McKelvie, art-wise. I would pick it up if you're a fan of Sharon Carter (who DeConnick also writes well in the one-shot) or if you're looking for a good recent Black Widow story to read.

The McKelvie story is collected in the Black Widow: Name of the Rose trade with the first five issues of the 2010 ongoing, which is definitely worth it if you're a fan of the character. I think the Captain America and the Secret Avengers one shot was collected in Captain America: Allies and Enemies, along with all the rest of the "Captain America and" one-shots, which are kind of a mixed bag. (Gillen's Batroc issue was my favorite.) It's definitely more cost effective to find the single issues, though. I agree with reponsarbre, they're nice BW stories, and a must if you're a Sharon fan since she has much fewer notable appearances.
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

If you like Black Widow and you haven't been watching Agent Carter ... I think now is the time to start.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    If you like Black Widow and you haven't been watching Agent Carter ... I think now is the time to start.
    I tried to watch that show and had to turn it off...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    spoilers:
    Can you say Red Room? Also, BW's patented thigh-takedown.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Shame it hasn't aired in the UK yet.

I'm watching it. :P
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    Can you say Red Room? Also, BW's patented thigh-takedown.
    end of spoilers
    I am quite excited by this development.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I am quite excited by this development.
    It's cool, but I doubt it will do much with BW.
    spoilers:
    BW wasn't around until the 60's but they should be right on the verge of waking Bucky up and Carter knew Bucky even in the MCU.
    end of spoilers
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Speculation, not a spoiler, but in theory establishing the Red Room as a Soviet institution with long Cold War ties would be a nice way to shout out the 616 continuity while keeping MCU Natasha "modern".

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    It's cool, but I doubt it will do much with BW.
    spoilers:
    BW wasn't around until the 60's but they should be right on the verge of waking Bucky up and Carter knew Bucky even in the MCU.
    end of spoilers
    Spoilersfor Agent Carter, obvs.

relevant IGN article

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Spoilersfor Agent Carter, obvs.

relevant IGN article
    Looking at the article, spoilers:
    I'm kind of glad that they were very quickly adamant that Dottie wasn't Yelena! Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter seem to like just sticking names onto characters that could have the slightest similarity to someone that exists in the comics, so the fact that they wouldn't call Dottie "Yelena" tells me that Yelena could be off limits so Marvel can use her in the Black Widow movie that could happen ... in 4+ years .... maybe. I'm keeping hope! Also, Dottie seems to be way different than Yelena, so that would have been sad if they did that anyways since I would like to see a decent version of her onscreen someday.

I also kind of suspected that they wouldn't explicitly say the "Red Room" or BW in reference to this stuff. Still, cool to see elements of Natasha's world showing up in other things and mattering!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I have no idea why people thought she'd be Yelena anyway? The whole point is that Yelena is a post-Soviet Black Widow and Natasha's heir, not just "evil blonde version of Natasha". Putting her into the 1940s would make no sense except as the kind of vague shout-out "Natalie Rushman" was to that mid 70s Claremont story.
    end of spoilers