Page 6 of 402 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I like her in Miller and Smith's Daredevil, and Fraction's Iron Man, but who writes the best BW solo?
    The Rucka and Morgan stuff was top notch. Liu's brief run is also one of the only things I've ever really enjoyed from her Marvel work. Highly recommended.

Extraordinary Member

Cornell had a great time. Sadly some don't agree.

The Cornell mini had some interesting ideas and the John Paul Leon artwork was atmospheric and gorgeous, but my problems with it were continuity pedantry (i.e. why was Natasha half-lovesick and outwitted by Tony Stark in those flashbacks when she actually outsmarted him in the Silver Age?) and part the insistence on continuity pedantry. I really think a straightforward origin story would have been much more welcome and more accessible than trying to fit all the previous retcons together via disjointed flashback. But I don't really blame Cornell for this, since I'm betting the structure was generated in part by editorial— Hawkeye: Blind Spot follows the same basic format, and was also released to coincide with a movie appearance. I can see the things people like it for, though.

I think that page of Clint is the last we'll see of him for a while. The second arc of Black Widow features lots of guest stars: Matt, Bucky, the Punisher… and I think Clint's appearance is foreshadowing for that, not so much a role in this book. After all, if you want to see Natasha done Hawkeye-style, you can read Hawkeye. (Whenever it comes out.)

Ultimate Member

So, Black Widow and Punisher are having a crossover pretty soon. I've been expecting this ever since it was announced that the same guy was writing both books. Natasha and Frank are two characters that I'm surprised don't interact/cross-over more. They seem like two of the easier character to justify/do cross-overs with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So, Black Widow and Punisher are having a crossover pretty soon. I've been expecting this ever since it was announced that the same guy was writing both books. Natasha and Frank are two characters that I'm surprised don't interact/cross-over more. They seem like two of the easier character to justify/do cross-overs with.
    And they say that the Black Widow should not interact with Spider-Man, but the Punisher? I think that a lot of people love the dynamic between Natasha x Castle. Although I would love to see a guest appearance of Spider-Man in the near future. But I think that Spider-Man won't be making an appearance anytime soon.

BW by Yu...
    yu bw.JPG

Nat & Sharon...
    sharon and nat.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member

Sheet. Who be the bottom artist?

Oops, Nat & Sharon..
    nat and sharon.JPG
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sheet. Who be the bottom artist?
    http://grizandnorm.tumblr.com/post/8...sh-i-can-enjoy

Don't forget one of her best line:
    "Killing people is easy. Making them suffer is an art."

Personally I prefer Back Widow as neutral or anti-hero character, but her as heroine is good too.

Extraordinary Member

Anti-Hero is best.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I consider her a heroine, not only because she is an Avenger but because she works toward "good" in general. She's an ethical person with an agreeable sense of justice. The only characters I consider anti-heroes are the Punisher and in most versions, Namor and the Hulk.

Though I didn't read it, the Marvel Knights run where she tries to take out Frank Castle sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    The Cornell mini had some interesting ideas and the John Paul Leon artwork was atmospheric and gorgeous, but my problems with it were continuity pedantry (i.e. why was Natasha half-lovesick and outwitted by Tony Stark in those flashbacks when she actually outsmarted him in the Silver Age?) and part the insistence on continuity pedantry. I really think a straightforward origin story would have been much more welcome and more accessible than trying to fit all the previous retcons together via disjointed flashback. But I don't really blame Cornell for this, since I'm betting the structure was generated in part by editorial— Hawkeye: Blind Spot follows the same basic format, and was also released to coincide with a movie appearance. I can see the things people like it for, though.
    None of the continuity stuff actually stuck out to me one way or the other at first, but maybe it would on a re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by cuttlefish View Post
    Why not call him Mr. Kelly Sue DeConnick, then?
    That also works, all the same to me. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I consider her a heroine, not only because she is an Avenger but because she works toward "good" in general. She's an ethical person with an agreeable sense of justice. The only characters I consider anti-heroes are the Punisher and in most versions, Namor and the Hulk.
    Ah, I'm fairly new to comic book. My impression of her before reading her comic was.... she's seems like a morally ambiguous character with her mysterious past as spy. Quiet, and rarely show her emotion. An aura of mystery surrounds her. After reading comic, I'm started to like her. She help an abused woman. She will never let innocent people die.
    Last edited by Kencana; 05-17-2014 at 11:04 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Let's hope so. If she gets that memory back she's probably gonna be pissed. I wonder just how much she remembers about him. Did what's-his-name wipe everything about the two of them or just the fact that they were romantically involved?
    Here's my theory: she lied. She remembers everything but chose to pretend she didn't. Possible reveal in Original Sin? Maybe she just couldn't stand him not trusting her to be competent & always being the damsel in distress (yes, a product of the storytelling, but just saying). It COULD be written so she wasn't actually brainwashed & she was deep undercover & going to take care of everything herself (a bit of a retcon perhaps).

I'm personally hoping that Nat can be alone romantically a while, & re-established as a strong woman not needed to be rescued all the time. I'm hoping that when she does get romantically involved again it will be more of a partnership, where they are written more as equals, but perhaps with different stregnths. (of course I'd consider Barton as the perfect match, but that's my bias). I also think it'll be a while before we see Barton again, though. Looks like we're going to get a run through a few former paramores, though. Guessing that'll be tying up some loose ends, & will likely address the end of "Widow Hunt" from the Winter Soldier series where she lost her memories. Maybe also something dealing with the recent "DareDevil end of day" run? Perhaps showing that her time with DD is actually in the past, & she gave birth a little while ago while off the grid, & has been keeping Mapone hidden & will fight to keep her so hidden (some incentive to keep her secrets secret in Original Sin)? Who knows. I like to theorize.

Love, love LOVE Edmonson & Notos current series. Best & definitive Widow, in my opinion. Also really liked "Name of the Rose," though - I've had 2 miscarriages & it's nice to see another strong woman overcome such saddness.

I'm starting to ramble now, so I should stop. Any thoughts on my theories?
    Last edited by sv4me; 05-19-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well he came back in issue #6 (with cybernetic/metal body parts). Yeah she kicked him off the boat, but if he survived being sucked into a freaking plane turbine engine, then he could survive this. His "death" is ambiguous enough that they could easily bring him back later.
    Oh he did survive that Indiana Jones stunt? Good to hear. Thanks for that update.

@sv4me > not sure how Edmonson would clear up the thorough destruction of Natasha's memories of Bucky. Hopefully not another cosmic cube I believe her memories of Bucky were completely eradicated given the second layer of programming.

Who knows?

I am curious how Edmonson and Noto are going to deal with the two of them, but I'll be a-okay if the romance does not come back. Like you, I'd prefer Natasha to be alone for awhile.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-19-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy