Page 7 of 402 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
    Here's my theory: she lied. She remembers everything but chose to pretend she didn't. Possible reveal in Original Sin? Maybe she just couldn't stand him not trusting her to be competent & always being the damsel in distress (yes, a product of the storytelling, but just saying). It COULD be written so she wasn't actually brainwashed & she was deep undercover & going to take care of everything herself (a bit of a retcon perhaps).

Any thoughts on my theories?
    Perhaps that when her mind regressed as Nancy Rushman, Natasha's memories were intact. Thus she was playing the role of a school teacher in hopes that Spider-Man would come to her aid. The Black Widow's partnership with Spider-Man is one of the greatest team-ups that was never fully explored, except for Chris Claremont's Marvel Team-Up #82 thur #85. You should read those issues to fully understand the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    And they say that the Black Widow should not interact with Spider-Man, but the Punisher? I think that a lot of people love the dynamic between Natasha x Castle. Although I would love to see a guest appearance of Spider-Man in the near future. But I think that Spider-Man won't be making an appearance anytime soon.
    I don't, I think Natasha should interact with Peter but only in the Avengers, they shouldn't have to guest star in the others series because they are completely different. Natasha doesn't have much of a moral compass due to her time with the Red Room, she has a lot of red in her ledger. Peter has a very high moral compass he even said that NO Dies, granted that came to a end after sables death and mj declaring it was stupid. Friends - yes, siblings - why not but not as very close friends, i don't think it works.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 05-20-2014 at 03:25 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

All-New Member

Perhaps that when her mind regressed as Nancy Rushman, Natasha's memories were intact. Thus she was playing the role of a school teacher in hopes that Spider-Man would come to her aid. The Black Widow's partnership with Spider-Man is one of the greatest team-ups that was never fully explored, except for Chris Claremont's Marvel Team-Up #82 thur #85. You should read those issues to fully understand the story.
    I'll check that out as soon as I can, Thanks! I think Nat could use more friends she could trust (not lovers), & them being different from her just works (& tends to be an interesting read). She is realizing, after all, that some things she just can't (or shouldn't) do on her own. Can't wait to see what Edmondson does in these next few issues!! & of course, more Noto art!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
    Here's my theory: she lied. She remembers everything but chose to pretend she didn't. Possible reveal in Original Sin? Maybe she just couldn't stand him not trusting her to be competent & always being the damsel in distress (yes, a product of the storytelling, but just saying). It COULD be written so she wasn't actually brainwashed & she was deep undercover & going to take care of everything herself (a bit of a retcon perhaps).

I'm personally hoping that Nat can be alone romantically a while, & re-established as a strong woman not needed to be rescued all the time. I'm hoping that when she does get romantically involved again it will be more of a partnership, where they are written more as equals, but perhaps with different stregnths. (of course I'd consider Barton as the perfect match, but that's my bias). I also think it'll be a while before we see Barton again, though. Looks like we're going to get a run through a few former paramores, though. Guessing that'll be tying up some loose ends, & will likely address the end of "Widow Hunt" from the Winter Soldier series where she lost her memories. Maybe also something dealing with the recent "DareDevil end of day" run? Perhaps showing that her time with DD is actually in the past, & she gave birth a little while ago while off the grid, & has been keeping Mapone hidden & will fight to keep her so hidden (some incentive to keep her secrets secret in Original Sin)? Who knows. I like to theorize.

Love, love LOVE Edmonson & Notos current series. Best & definitive Widow, in my opinion. Also really liked "Name of the Rose," though - I've had 2 miscarriages & it's nice to see another strong woman overcome such saddness.

I'm starting to ramble now, so I should stop. Any thoughts on my theories?
    To be fair, she was hardly portrayed as a "damsel in distress" for the bulk of Brubaker's run. She and Bucky were very much partners/equals. If anything, Bucky got himself captured more than she did. It's one of the things that made that last arc so frustrated, because Brubaker had showed that he could do so much better.

BW by Bill Sienkiewicz...
    bill bw.JPG
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    To be fair, she was hardly portrayed as a "damsel in distress" for the bulk of Brubaker's run. She and Bucky were very much partners/equals. If anything, Bucky got himself captured more than she did. It's one of the things that made that last arc so frustrated, because Brubaker had showed that he could do so much better.
    Thanks for the info! I got back into comics I think during the 'widow hunt' arc but haven't really read other back issues (I was so turned off by that story). More to add to my (never-ending) read list. & great article there Winterboy, thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I don't, I think Natasha should interact with Peter but only in the Avengers, they shouldn't have to guest star in the others series because they are completely different. Natasha doesn't have much of a moral compass due to her time with the Red Room, she has a lot of red in her ledger. Peter has a very high moral compass he even said that NO Dies, granted that came to a end after sables death and mj declaring it was stupid. Friends - yes, siblings - why not but not as very close friends, i don't think it works.
    Well, they once said the same thing about Mary Jane as well. and look how that turned out? I do not think that Natasha and Peter see each other as siblings. And the main reason why Marvel paired BW up with DD is because no one wanted her to be paired up with Spider-Man at the time. Opposite personalities sometimes work. Besides Daredevil is the serious version of Spider-Man.

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/sca...39.html#cutid1

http://gilesdailypaintings.blogspot....l#comment-form

I could see Black Widow and Spider-Man as more then friends because of their similarities and differences. We need to see Natasha get out of her comfort zone and hang around Spider-Man once in a while.

Black Widow vs. Lady Bullseye round two!

Poor LB. Surely she'll be trounced by Nat, and she was just spoilers:
    stabbed by Elektra!
    end of spoilers.

Ultimate Member

Can't be any worse then Natasha paralyzing her so that she couldn't talk or move (but could still feel) and then leaving her to be buried alive. That was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Can't be any worse then Natasha paralyzing her so that she couldn't talk or move (but could still feel) and then leaving her to be buried alive. That was cold.
    Maybe not quite as bad, but spoilers:
    after stabbing her, Elektra left her for dead to be eaten by a monster. Unfortunately for LB, the new villain that likes to eat people got to her first, and the issue ends with us not knowing if the villain will be eating any part of her. Either way, she's tied up on Monster Island.
    end of spoilers.

Either way, she should learn to stop messing with two of the most lethal ladies in the MU!

Paolo Rivera wants to draw Black Widow & Hawkeye in Budapest!
    Paolo Rivera in budapest[1].JPG

Well, they once said the same thing about Mary Jane as well. and look how that turned out? I do not think that Natasha and Peter see each other as siblings. And the main reason why Marvel paired BW up with DD is because no one wanted her to be paired up with Spider-Man at the time. Opposite personalities sometimes work. Besides Daredevil is the serious version of Spider-Man.

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/sca...39.html#cutid1

http://gilesdailypaintings.blogspot....l#comment-form

I could see Black Widow and Spider-Man as more then friends because of their similarities and differences. We need to see Natasha get out of her comfort zone and hang around Spider-Man once in a while.
    That second link has awesome art, i'll check the first one out later when i'm not at work just to be on the safe side. I suppose there is nothing stopping Natasha form poping up and hanging out with Peter but i don't seem them working as anything other than VERY close friends, she could help him come to grips with what was done by Spock.
    The reason why i said siblings is i could see Natasha be protective of Peter but at the same time she's annoyed because it seems as if he doesn't seem to take things serious. I would laugh my head off if after an avengers meeting Spiderman was his normal quirky self only for Natasha to snap
    'Baby brother if you don't button it' only for spidey to stiffen (with everyone else) and then leap at her to give her a hug jumping round the room shouting 'I have a sister, I have a sister', then lets her go and walks away, natasha to face palm 'what am i going to do with him' Carol replies 'maybe you shouldn't have called him brother' before they all laughed.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 05-27-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

SEAN GORDON MURPHY BW.JPG
    BW & Wolverine by Sean Gordon Murphy.