Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Live action Bucky casually blocked bullets with his arm.
    Ehhhhh

It's a nice feat, but it's not bullet time.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Live action Bucky casually blocked bullets with his arm.
    cap casually blocked bullets with his shield. still not bullet-time. unlike Slade who is a clear *looks to see if sharp is around* arrow-timer

edit: basically what im saying is that slade blocked two arrows with a thin piece of metal. bucky put his arm up to shield his face. only one of these requires the necessary superhuman reflexes.
    Last edited by moonknight11; 01-16-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I wasn't claiming that Bucky is BT. However, he casually caught Cap's shield while looking the other way, showed himself to be humorously superior to Widow in speed and skill, and showed himself to be close to Cap in speed and skill, and tanked numerous shots from the Cap. Cap being strong enough to casually hold up a motorcycle with three women on it over his head, without strain, to rip the hatch off a tank, to calmly smash through interior walls without slowing down, to outrun a car and to outswim a submarine, to rip the hatch off of said submarine under water (which is COMPLETELY insane - tons and tons of force required), to dent solid steel with punches, etc. Plus he adds the roboarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalla_The_Black View Post
    Actually, Salde fully regenerated from every wound he ever sustained, except for his eye, which even he admitted was an anomoly. Inconsistent with his Mirakuru regen powers. When he resurfaced, he told the story of what happend after Ollie stabbed him in the eye. How the rocks and coral stabbed him all over, and he fully regenerated every wound. His first regen feat was fully regenerating third degree burns that covered most of his body.
    I get the impression that Slade's body heals faster, but not better, than a normal person's, maybe. Which is to say, he can heal anything a normal person would if given enough time - it just takes him a lot less time. That's just a theory, though, and his healing isn't fast enough to have much of a bearing on the fight, I don't think.

I think the results of a live action Bucky/Slade fight also depends on their weapons. Both have guns in their standard equipment, and if it was an armed fight i'd give it to slade who shrugs off bullets.

A Knife vs Katana fight would be the most even in my opinion. I'd give Slade a slight speed advantage but Bucky has the metal arm to block any sword strike. Slight lean towards Bucky.

An unarmed fight goes to Bucky who is more skilled and stronger thanks to his metal arm.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think Slade is probably as fast as Bucky, if not maybe a little bit faster. He's also probably strong enough to be competitive with Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by StuffKnower View Post
    I get the impression that Slade's body heals faster, but not better, than a normal person's, maybe. Which is to say, he can heal anything a normal person would if given enough time - it just takes him a lot less time. That's just a theory, though, and his healing isn't fast enough to have much of a bearing on the fight, I don't think.
    Fully regenerating skin that's been burnt to the point of blackness is a pretty good sign that he heals "better."