Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man Daily Strip (January 14th) Spoilers

http://comicskingdom.com/amazing-spi...#disqus_thread

Thought this might generate some buzz. I don't think it'll last past the whole arc, but it's nice to see someone (especially a familiar foe) in this strip use their noggin

I've been following this storyline and have to say... that surprised me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I've been following this storyline and have to say... that surprised me.
    The strip has done a few surprising and slightly progressive things the last three years I've been reading it

2013-Kept Peter and MJ separate for most of the year (no angst between them though, in fact it's MJ who sends him off to another country to help out Tarantula), had Peter travel to different places, Daredevil finds out who he is, Kingpin is incarcerated, Peter helps Tarantula abroad then returns and debates publicly unmasking with Jonah on live tv (Peter refuses to unmask)

2014-Robbie gets frustrated with Jameson needling Spidey and quits the Bugle, Jameson borrows vintage Iron Man armor (!), Peter finds out Jameson's always been jealous of him, they tease a truce between the two (of course nothing comes of this, then Robbie gets his job back)

And now 2015-MJ finds it more difficult to keep her connection to Spidey under wraps, leading to people thinking she's cheating on Peter, while Mysterio figures out the secret.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The strip has done a few surprising and slightly progressive things the last three years I've been reading it

2013-Kept Peter and MJ separate for most of the year (no angst between them though, in fact it's MJ who sends him off to another country to help out Tarantula), had Peter travel to different places, Daredevil finds out who he is, Kingpin is incarcerated, Peter helps Tarantula abroad then returns and debates publicly unmasking with Jonah on live tv (Peter refuses to unmask)

2014-Robbie gets frustrated with Jameson needling Spidey and quits the Bugle, Jameson borrows vintage Iron Man armor (!), Peter finds out Jameson's always been jealous of him, they tease a truce between the two (of course nothing comes of this, then Robbie gets his job back)

And now 2015-MJ finds it more difficult to keep her connection to Spidey under wraps, leading to people thinking she's cheating on Peter, while Mysterio figures out the secret.
    Don't forget back in 2012 where Peter and MJ got involved in a battle between Thor and Loki, and it even had an Avengers cameo of Captain America and Iron Man, sort of tie into the Avengers movie at that time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Don't forget back in 2012 where Peter and MJ got involved in a battle between Thor and Loki, and it even had an Avengers cameo of Captain America and Iron Man, sort of tie into the Avengers movie at that time.
    Yeah, I would have listed that one, but I don't think much came out of it other than the return of MJ's 90s hair and a long drawn out bit where they teased she would die or something.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 01-14-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Huh that's cool. Never read this before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Huh that's cool. Never read this before.
    If you're curious, IDW are releasing the strips in trade from the beginning starting this year.

Last year's "Iron Jonah" story was amazingly insane.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Last year's "Iron Jonah" story was amazingly insane.
    The best bit about that were the bank robbers finding a conveniently stored army tank near where they were looting.

If you're curious, IDW are releasing the strips in trade from the beginning starting this year.
    Neat, unfortunately they aren't releasing those out here. We don't really have a market for comics in Finland.

I think they make small batches of ASM trades in Finnish, like 3 years after the original issues are published. So, in 2016 we may get to Superior Spidey lol.

At a book store, I've also seen a huge hardcover that has like 50 issues from the end of the Bronze era to the beginning of Silver era, all in black and white.

There's some convoluted way to direct order books from Canada, but I exclusively use Marvel Unlimited for my reading. Still a 6 month delay but it's better than nothing.

I truly regret that I didn't visit a comic book store when I was on holiday in the States a few years ago, just to see what they are like IRL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Neat, unfortunately they aren't releasing those out here. We don't really have a market for comics in Finland.

I think they make small batches of ASM trades in Finnish, like 3 years after the original issues are published. So, in 2016 we may get to Superior Spidey lol.
    I really have to double-check the UK reprint runs..we probably have just started, or are about to start, Superior. I know it was'nt until 2010 before we got OMD

I really have to double-check the UK reprint runs..we probably have just started, or are about to start, Superior. I know it was'nt until 2010 before we got OMD
    That one was worth the wait, am I right?

BANNED

ROFL

Apparently, Superior's gone on a bit now in the UK mags, so yeah, we're not that far behind

The best bit about that were the bank robbers finding a conveniently stored army tank near where they were looting.
    No, the best part was a toss-up between Jonah putting a hologram of his face on the front of his armor, and the weekday and Sunday colorists disagreeing on the armor's color scheme.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    No, the best part was a toss-up between Jonah putting a hologram of his face on the front of his armor, and the weekday and Sunday colorists disagreeing on the armor's color scheme.
    I remember when the Sunday Strip showed a black Happy Hogan, I admit it caught me offguard.

But I do want to see that 2002-2003 storyline where Spidey teamed up with the Hulk( I do remember Peter and MJ letting Bruce crash for a while there) as well as the recent arc with Doc Ock as well as Wolverine collected sometime soon