Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've been quite interested in this since they announced it and it just seems to keep getting better. These guys seem like they actually get Dick's personality, charm and charisma as a character. Now adding in Helena Bertinelli is just icing. And then Mikel Janin on art drawing Dick Grayson and Helena Bertinelli...if absolutely nothing else, this book will be pretty!!

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Helena was just some teen when she "died" so I wonder how she got involved in Sypral. Though in that sort of recent Justice League Forever Evil tie in issue, I think 25, Helena's father appeared and was in Chicago being forced to work with Owlman. Wonder if that will come up any.
    Well, keep in mind that was a fake passport Wayne was using.

My guess is that Bertinelli faked her death and was somehow recruited into the intelligence community.

I'm also not really minding that she's not The Huntress for now, as her being a spy could be an interesting spin. Not only that, but it might just be a career move that attests her intelligence and athleticism, and could reflect rather positively on her.

Edit to add: With the whole fake passport thing, I meant to say that we don't truly know what age Helena is. It's a safe guess to say she's around 25, but we don't know for certain.
    Last edited by beetlebum; 05-14-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Great News!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Incredible Member

Wary about the "new spin" they're putting on her, but hopefully she'll experience character development and be close to what she was preboot.

Also wary of the sexiness of the book. I hope this won't mean Dick and/or Helena will be doing it 24/7, whether it be with random strangers or each other. Though tbh I think keeping a romance between the two out of it or to a minimum won't last very long if the book is going to be sexy or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    So yet another person back from the dead. If they are going to kill off a character then DC really needs to commit to killing a character. It's already becoming a joke and the New 52 has only been around for two and a half years.

To quote Robot Chicken "I found the Amulet."
    Is it really bringing her back from the dead if she never died on panel? I can't think of any character that has been resurrected in the new52.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    So yet another person back from the dead. If they are going to kill off a character then DC really needs to commit to killing a character. It's already becoming a joke and the New 52 has only been around for two and a half years.

To quote Robot Chicken "I found the Amulet."
    Have you not read comic books within the past 20 years?

Pharah x Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Wary about the "new spin" they're putting on her, but hopefully she'll experience character development and be close to what she was preboot.

Also wary of the sexiness of the book. I hope this won't mean Dick and/or Helena will be doing it 24/7, whether it be with random strangers or each other. Though tbh I think keeping a romance between the two out of it or to a minimum won't last very long if the book is going to be sexy or whatever.
    Same. I hope romance is not the main focal point of the book. I mean, it's obvious there will be sexual tension between the two of them, but I also hope that it's not one-dimensional in that regard, and it'll be an afterthought.

I just hope for good stories, good art, and good character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    Have you not read comic books within the past 20 years?
    If I could like posts, I would definitely like this one. And I would rep it too.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    Well, keep in mind that was a fake passport Wayne was using.

My guess is that Bertinelli faked her death and was somehow recruited into the intelligence community.
    That's pretty much my take on this as well and it does make sense. We never saw a body and only have Helena Wayne's words to go by. Seems like a classic faked death scenario to me or at least something that's vague enough that it could be spun that way.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    I'm also not really minding that she's not The Huntress for now, as her being a spy could be an interesting spin. Not only that, but it might just be a career move that attests her intelligence and athleticism, and could reflect rather positively on her.
    I'm just happy to see Helena B. back to be honest and in a way that isn't at the expense of Helena W.s existence for once. Looks like DC might actually be trying to have to two characters co-exist and that they are at least attempting to make the two of them different enough that they can stop treating both characters as being interchangeable. I'm really looking forward to this.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

You guys, I'm freaking out over this news. I would type in all caps, but that would just be obnoxious.

One thing I was hoping for Dick Grayson is that he would get some of his old friends back (Helena) and I was wanting Helena back, so there.

Were Dick and Helena really close as friends before the reboot, though? They always seemed more like friends with benefits to me more than actual friends.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Were Dick and Helena really close as friends before the reboot, though? They always seemed more like friends with benefits to me more than actual friends.
    They weren't like really, really close, but they were friends. They did care about each other and have saved each others butts. They weren't really FWB either considering they slept together once and Helena said no to a real relationship with him after she heard Barbara and Dick talking.

Pharah x Mercy

They were friends.

Even if they did sleep together (and would both somewhat regret it later), they did care for each other.

Hence the way Dick reacted to Helena getting shot in No Man's Land.

He was expressing care and concern for her.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...p899o1_500.jpg

He even blew off the other members of the Batfam to spend time with her on New Year's Eve.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/b40426900...o6_r2_1280.jpg

So yeah, they cared for each other, and watched each other's backs (to paraphrase something Helena once said in Birds of Prey #84).
    Last edited by beetlebum; 05-14-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Is there any friendship closer than that? Seriously though, there paths have crossed semi-frequently since the 90s. They were also Outsiders together.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm liking the sound of this new series more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Is there any friendship closer than that? Seriously though, there paths have crossed semi-frequently since the 90s. They were also Outsiders together.
    Dick was the first person who really opened up to her and welcomed her into the the Batman. She proved herself in No Mans Land. Then they had a fling together and had their own mini Nightwing/Huntress. She became the random ex and Dick gave Babs the push to accept the Huntress into Birds of Prey. This is the Huntress I want to read about... not Bruce's daughter.