Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default You pull ALL X books, you must cut it down, what titles to choose?

I have been pulling all X titles since the reboot but due to financial constraints I got cut it down to 2 titles

What do you think, I really like All New and Uncanny, the rest do seem a bit stale

What would you get?

BANNED

Magneto, Uncanny X-Men

BANNED

Well, considering right now all I've subscribed to is Wolverines and am Trade Waiting ANXM I probably don't change anything. Unless X-23 gets a new solo or leaves AN for another book.

I'm only getting two right now anyway (and one's on its trial period anyway): Amazing X-Men and Spider-Man and the X-Men.

I used to get all of the X-Books but nowadays I only get the core 5 titles (Uncanny, All New, Amazing, Spider-Man and the, and just plain X-Men). I would choose All New and Uncanny but that is because I'm a Kitty Pryde fan.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I used to get all of the X-Books but nowadays I only get the core 5 titles (Uncanny, All New, Amazing, Spider-Man and the, and just plain X-Men). I would choose All New and Uncanny but that is because I'm a Kitty Pryde fan.

I forgot about Amazing. I stopped after 4 because it just did not seem to have anything to do with the other books, as did Nightcrawler and the Storm book.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    I forgot about Amazing. I stopped after 4 because it just did not seem to have anything to do with the other books, as did Nightcrawler and the Storm book.
    Only All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have anything to do with each other, and represent the "main" story line of the X-Men.

The current "X-Men" are the time-displaced O5, and any adult or young mutant at the new Xavier school. Anyone else is featured in a directionless filler book.

I couldn't do two, I'd have to get three books.

Amazing X-Men, Storm, and Magneto. Those 3 are the best X-Men titles out now!

Well, I'm only getting All-New X-Factor right now, because I like Peter David, and Amazing X-Men, because I like Nightcrawler. And All-New X-Factor is ending next week.

So I guess the question is, what characters and creators do you like, and what books have them? You said you really only like All-New and Uncanny, so maybe you should just stick with them.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, I'm only getting All-New X-Factor right now, because I like Peter David, and Amazing X-Men, because I like Nightcrawler. And All-New X-Factor is ending next week.

So I guess the question is, what characters and creators do you like, and what books have them? You said you really only like All-New and Uncanny, so maybe you should just stick with them.

I really just like the core characters from the 70's, 80's and only really like the main Mutant story that has been carrying on forever.

It is tough being a completeist and wanting all the X books but really the core story is all I want. The rest does seem to be filler at times.

What will happen when AnX stops? I assume it will. Will it go back to just Uncanny and X-men being the only main titles or will they just do something like add a future book of Cyclops when he is 90 bitching about the past or something LOL but really, I am serious
    Last edited by MutantMike; 01-14-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Uncanny and All New, if it isn't written by Bendis, is it a core title? Or a title that will last?

I would add Wolverines, but if you are cutting titles, adding four a month at four dollars, probably not the best decision.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

all-new x-men, magneto, uncanny x-men, wolverines and storm

Amazing Member

Uncanny and all-new are the only ones that interest me atm anyway. Occasionally I'll try the others but they usually just bore me.

My advice get what you like and drop what you don't. I was briefly a completist for a few years but I'm long over that now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Uncanny and all-new are the only ones that interest me atm anyway. Occasionally I'll try the others but they usually just bore me.

My advice get what you like and drop what you don't. I was briefly a completist for a few years but I'm long over that now.
    It is funny how once you start not being a completist, how easy it really was. I was getting all of the Spider-Titles and needing to get them all and then, stopped and it isn't even something I think about.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    It is funny how once you start not being a completist, how easy it really was. I was getting all of the Spider-Titles and needing to get them all and then, stopped and it isn't even something I think about.

That would be great

It just seems like if I am reading only Uncanny and AnX and would always be wondering what Magneto is doing but honestly I tried it and it seemed to just drag for me

I figure if anything important happens they will recap in Uncanny or at least I imagine they would

I love Nightcrawler but just hate to buy 2 books to see him, ticks me off they do not just throw him into the school stories more