Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I find myself hoping there will be a massive reboot like Nu52 and I'll just stop buying Marvel comics. Like, I'm just waiting for an excuse.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I find myself hoping there will be a massive reboot like Nu52 and I'll just stop buying Marvel comics. Like, I'm just waiting for an excuse.
    At this point, I'd be more likely to buy Marvel comics after a "reboot." It's an absolute mess. It's just time to move on.

Only problem is, the same people responsible for the mess will likely be responsible for the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    At this point, I'd be more likely to buy Marvel comics after a "reboot." It's an absolute mess. It's just time to move on.

Only problem is, the same people responsible for the mess will likely be responsible for the reboot.
    I can't imagine Disney will clean house like that to any extent. Secret Wars is going to be a huge success. I just feel like I'm ready for a jumping off point but I'm way into the titles that I'm reading. I guess getting four titles helps.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I'm currently getting All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Spider-Man and the X-Men, Magneto, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops.

Nightcrawler is about to end. Cyclops may be ending after The Black Vortex (this is pure speculation, but I think it's a fair guess).

I'm giving Spider-Man and the X-Men its first arc as a trial. It may get cut later.

The other ones I'm loving and sticking with. The only one that is on loose footing is adjectiveless X-Men, as I hated the most recent arc (though I haven't read issue 23, by G. Willow Wilson, yet).

Imma trade waiting on Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, and UXM.

That's pretty much all the current runs. Other than that, Imma getting back issues.

This is a personal opinion of course, but when money got tight and I had to go from pulling the whole X-line to not, I still stuck with the core titles, even if I didn't like some of them.

Everyone debates about how they should be ordered but I believe the 4 of

All New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    Amazing X-Men

can be considered core. I would have thrown the old WatXM on the list but I don't think SMatXM counts at this juncture. If there's a particular solo title or fringe one, throw that in there over one of the core titles, or with it. But if I want to stay involved in the main U, that's what I'd go with.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    Only All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have anything to do with each other, and represent the "main" story line of the X-Men.

The current "X-Men" are the time-displaced O5, and any adult or young mutant at the new Xavier school. Anyone else is featured in a directionless filler book.
    I agree with this, unfortunately.

Maybe things will change in some other books post-will of Xavier.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

If your enjoying Uncanny and All New then go with those, no one reasonable will criticize you for buying what you're enjoying. Personally if I was down to 2 it'd be Uncanny and Magneto but thats just my opinion.

Wolverines and Magneto.
    I guess you could also trade-wait for All New X-Men.

Those are definitely the only ones that I consider.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I am thinking about dropping Cyclops and I am sad to say That Uncanny is on the chopping block. Amazing is the only X-men book that feels like I am reading a X-men book.

Incredible Member

Uncanny, All New, and Magneto.

BANNED

Amazing X-Men. Storm. Nightcrawler.

Burn the rest.

Unhappy

Magneto & Wolverines.

X-Factor, Nightcrawler, and X-Force would all be up there, but they are ending.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Most of the ones I'd pick are being cancelled... All New X-Factor, Nightcrawler, X-Force, and I think Amazing X-Men...? (I forget. It wouldn't surprise me if it was cancelled soon.)

So I guess I'd have to go with:

1) Storm

2) X-Men (all-female team)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Right now my X-Pull list is:

-Wolverines
    -X-Force (sad to see it go)
    -SATXM
    -Amazing
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.