Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Offers "Secret Wars" Hints, "Guardians" Post-Credits Sequel in April

A new TPB offers insight into the upcoming "Secret Wars" event, "Howard the Duck" provides a post-credits "GotG" sequel and more!

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So everything is ending.

Makes all those arguments about the Fantastic Four seem a bit sad now.

Niffleheim

I hope Marvel re-launches Miles Morales or i'll be pissed. An Inhuman book crossover special and an Uncanny Inhumans debut. (I think may drop Thor if Thor's identity is still a mystery)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

I'm kind of surprised at the cancelation of Miles Morales. I guess Marvel really doesn't want any Ultimate Univese tie ins to Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm kind of surprised at the cancelation of Miles Morales. I guess Marvel really doesn't want any Ultimate Univese tie ins to Secret Wars.
    With a title like 'Ultimate: The End' it's not surprising, but I reckon there's going to be a final mini series focusing the Ultimate Universe reacting to 616 and the rest of Secret Wars before then. And you just know that Miles will survive and get his own book again.

BANNED

I think when Secret Wars is over, everything will have been cancelled and the new books will all start at #1 again. Marvel won't specifically say that it's a line-wide reboot,
    even though it will be.

I'm honestly surprised the Ultimate Universe is still around. I thought the last 3 Ultimate events were essentially that ending. I think Secret Wars will be the end of the Ultimate Universe this time around, but I wouldn't be shocked if I were wrong again.

The trouble is there's so many books just started recently to give the impression of a reboot, even with Secret Wars looming - new Hawkeye, the weekly Wolverines, Squirrel Girl, three new female led Spider books with Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen and Silk, SHIELD... I honestly feel like All New Marvel won't be a full reboot, so much as a tooling of certain elements. They might even leave them on Battleworld, which I figure would be a little wilder, certainly more so than a reboot.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Whether or not Ultimate Universe is still going after Secret Wars, I hope they find a way to keep Miles around.

I think Miles will be involved in ''Secret Wars'' and also I'm sure there was a promo picture called ''The Ultimates: The End'' or something like that lol.

And XPac, I have a little feeling inside of me that tells me Ultimate Universe is gone after Secret Wars, just a little feeling nothing concrete, just feels like the end for the Ultimate Universe. Wait and see I guess.

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery character returning in Wolverines is Wolverine himself
    Last edited by John Ossie; 01-19-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Whether or not Ultimate Universe is still going after Secret Wars, I hope they find a way to keep Miles around.

I think Miles will be involved in ''Secret Wars'' and also I'm sure there was a promo picture called ''The Ultimates: The End'' or something like that lol.

And XPac, I have a little feeling inside of me that tells me Ultimate Universe is gone after Secret Wars, just a little feeling nothing concrete, just feels like the end for the Ultimate Universe. Wait and see I guess.
    If Ultimate Universe ends up being cancelled I'm sure Miles will end up in the 616. He was a character which proved capable of sustaining his own on-going series... that's actually a rare thing. If nothing else, he can end up as Peter's "Robin" or something.

Now that I think about it, I do wonder if this isn't an opportunity to get more characters from other universes into the 616. Marvel Man comes to mind (though I hope they don't do that just yet).

Not sure how I'd feel about Miles becoming Peter's ''Robin'' but I can certainly see them teaming up, maybe even have a team-up book together.

As for more characters from other Universes in the 616, that wouldn't surprise me to be honest. As for which ones? Only time will tell I guess but Miles is my number one guess at the moment.

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery character returning in Wolverines is Wolverine himself
    Given there's like three or four Wolverines involved in Secret Wars I wouldn't see the point of bringing him back yet, though I suppose if he's adamantiumised he'd be different enough to make it more interesting.

Well, it could be due to the whole ''time being broken'' thing so it could be that they're bringing in ''Old Man Logan'' into this story as a sort of tie-in before the proverbial hits the fan. LOL I'm most likely completely of base here but I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Not sure how I'd feel about Miles becoming Peter's ''Robin'' but I can certainly see them teaming up, maybe even have a team-up book together.

As for more characters from other Universes in the 616, that wouldn't surprise me to be honest. As for which ones? Only time will tell I guess but Miles is my number one guess at the moment.
    An ongoing Peter and Miles book would be interesting. If Peter were still a teacher (besides mutants anyway) I would have suggested that they could have had him teach at Miles school and have that be the focus for the book.

And I figure a book with a team of the multiverse surviving heroes from DOFP and AOA and Civil War and Planet Hulk and the like would be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    So everything is ending.

Makes all those arguments about the Fantastic Four seem a bit sad now.
    I can see why people think about it. Yes, there are endings all around, but I think with a lot of these, we do expect to see some of these characters going somewhere at least during the duration of Secret Wars, or at the very least, Secret Wars is going to be a transition from one story to the next. People are going to be looking at what happens to the Fantastic Four during Secret Wars, especially since Hickman's own Fantastic Four run is supposed to get payoff during Secret Wars.

I'm not surprised that Miles' book is ending, especially since USM tends to be the only Ultimate book that consistently does well at this point. Still, I'm not comfortable with the idea that the entire universe can be destroyed while Miles goes on to 616.