Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    You mean where BP tries to save Atlantis too? Or where Namor could've chosen literally anywhere but sent them to kill Wakandans?
    Where did Black Panther try to save Atlantis??? He kept the truth of the sneak attack from Namor while plying him with alcohol. I don't understand why you think Black Panther is justified in killing Namor and committing genocide against the Atlanteans, while thinking Namor shouldn't do anything to Wakanda right after they destroyed his city and killed most of the Atlanteans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    nothing says heroic like shivving someone in a back alley with no witnesses.
    Yeah, but it's definitely the best way to straight kill some one isn't it? And that's what BP is more about.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    No gloating on my part (at least here). I just really liked this issue. Here's to another 10 issues of pain and suffering to Marvel Earth.

BUT....

I'm confused also. I don't see anyone demanding justice, just someone hoping other characters die.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And that's what BP is more about.
    deception and lies, agreed. he's the snake in the grass of the marvel universe. don't get into a room with him by yourself, and make sure to hide your children as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I haven't seen any Namor fans demanding justice. That's been the song of Black Panther fans, who a week ago were trashing Hickman's handling of Black Panther.

And it's not only killing off Marvel's first superhero, it's how his death wasn't even heroic, and only serves to prop up Black Panther.
    This sounds like demanding justice to me:

that part is unclear, but it's pretty obvious that's what has to happen. you don't have a superhero murder another superhero that way without some divine justice.
    LOL!

Seriously? They weren't so secure that Thanos didn't get his hands on them TWICE. The bombs were in Wakanda because of plot contrivance or T'challa was an idiot -- take your pick. And no, I seriously doubt Wakanda's resources were used, since T'challa wasn't king of Wakanda.

I wait in anticipation for Black Panther to pay for the same crimes he committed.

Yeah, but it's definitely the best way to straight kill some one isn't it? And that's what BP is more about.
    If that's what BP is about, then he hardly qualifies as the moral center of the Illuminati.

Amazing Member

Where did Black Panther try to save Atlantis??? He kept the truth of the sneak attack from Namor while plying him with alcohol. I don't understand why you think Black Panther is justified in killing Namor and committing genocide against the Atlanteans, while thinking Namor shouldn't do anything to Wakanda right after they destroyed his city and killed most of the Atlanteans.
    So was everyone supposed to just be okay with Namor using that tidal wave? Or does the Phoenix just have to own up to that? T'Challa didn't think striking back at Atlantis was a good idea and argued against it, Shuri went the other way, or are you not remembering that issue?

And more than anything, BP is about winning, I think it's always been clear.

I don't know how you can justify Namor's actions in the least, his crimes against Wakanda should be answered by a Wakandan after all.
    Last edited by celeherald; 01-14-2015 at 10:16 AM.

BANNED

I haven't seen any Namor fans demanding justice. That's been the song of Black Panther fans, who a week ago were trashing Hickman's handling of Black Panther.

And it's not only killing off Marvel's first superhero, it's how his death wasn't even heroic, and only serves to prop up Black Panther.
    I agree. A few months back I saw the death coming, said so in the Namor thread I think, and shortly made my peace with. Marvel has a few tells in the hows and whys they want to push certain characters. My only real issue with it is how it happened and that's only because of how embarrassing it played out for both characters.

I can read the MU head lines now....
    " This just in: King of Atlantis caught off guard again to former King of Wakanda. "

The article would then read ...."Wakandan butter knife is said to be murder weapon."

It's was just bad. These guys are(were) kings and they litterly created a terrible bar scene to do in a guy they had beef with. No honor in the deed at all. I would suspect somthing like this from a gangbanger not royalty.
    And people wonder why I could never get behind the guy. SMH
    Last edited by Trident; 01-14-2015 at 10:19 AM.

nothing says heroic like shivving someone in a back alley with no witnesses.
    That's a big ass back alley. Why don't you guys relax and enjoy the ride?

To (I think it was) Trident: Hickman has never been big on fight scenes imo. Like they're the one thing about him in kinda ehhhhhh on
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Ending the Cabal like that...even if they end up coming back for Secret Wars felt like such a waste.

It was interesting how they convinced the UN to let them operate freely, and even more so how Thanos had been learning stuff about the incursions...and now they are just gone.

I kinda expected them to do more (now, not later).
    This was a smart win by the heroes. Fighting the Cabal head on would have resulted in losses the Earth can't afford right now.

I do not think we've seen the last of Black Swan. She's a survivor and likely will have found a way out. Black Panther's pause at the end is likely all the opening needed to ensure at least a bit of the Cabal survived. Revenge always has a cost associated to it, and I imagine that the cost here is that the plan isn't 100% successful.

On an editorial note: I'm also not surprised it ended this way for the Cabal. Thanos was kinda bolted into place as part of the plot of Infinity meaning this thread wasn't ever likely to play into the finale.

deception and lies, agreed. he's the snake in the grass of the marvel universe. don't get into a room with him by yourself, and make sure to hide your children as well.
    You know, you sound like you live in the ocean because you are SALTY!

Chill man, it's not like there was a body, and even if there is, we all know dead=\=dead. He ain't gonna be like nightcrawler and get replaced by an alt version for a few years

Black Swan, she be slippery
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

I don't think it was trillions and trillions, in fact, the only alternative was having trillions and trillions more die wasn't it?
    They said they saved 'scores' of universes by destroying their Earths. A score is twenty, so let's go Lincoln and say it was four score, or 80 or so, Earths blown up. Figure an average of what, five to ten billion people per Earth? So, that's on the order of 800 billion, or 0.8 trillion, on the high end.

But compare that to the numbers saved, since if they hadn't acted, two entire universes would have been gone each time. Well, since one of them is getting saved over and over again, let's go with only one for accounting purposes. But still, in any universe, Earth is just one planet in a galaxy that's been shown to have thousands of inhabited planets, and we have no reason to believe most planets have much lower populations than Earth's, so that on the order of five to ten trillion lives saved just in Earth's home galaxy, the Milky Way. But wait! The Milky Way is but one of billions of galaxies in the universe (or billions and billions, as Sagan used to say).

So, the comparison of lives saved to lives taken is greater than what you get when comparing a person's entire body to a single cell in that body. And don't forget... if an Incursion were allowed to complete itself, it's not like the people on the Earth we're debating getting blown up were going to be killed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Chill man, it's not like there was a body, and even if there is, we all know dead=\=dead. He ain't gonna be like nightcrawler and get replaced by an alt version for a few years
    if marvel had the movie rights to namor, i'd be a lot less pressed froggy.

Amazing Member

I think 15 is the number previously written, and I think that the actions were totally necessary. It was all or nothing for each of those universes.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    This sounds like demanding justice to me:
    I don't think Aces is demanding justice. I think he's pointing out superhero tropes. AFAIK, he's been calling the Illuminati villains for a while.

For myself, I wasn't demanding justice. I was pointing out a double standard, as far as 'crimes' committed and the expectations of those making such claims. I have zero desire for Namor to have anything to do with Black Panther at all -- including revenge or "justice." Just get him away from the character, and keep him away from him forever. It's someone else turn to be a prop.