Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    deception and lies, agreed. he's the snake in the grass of the marvel universe. don't get into a room with him by yourself, and make sure to hide your children as well.
    The anger is palpable. Oh, well - Namor had it coming, and he got it as simply and quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL!

Seriously? They weren't so secure that Thanos didn't get his hands on them TWICE. The bombs were in Wakanda because of plot contrivance or T'challa was an idiot -- take your pick. And no, I seriously doubt Wakanda's resources were used, since T'challa wasn't king of Wakanda.

I wait in anticipation for Black Panther to pay for the same crimes he committed.
    If not Wakandan money, what resources did T'Challa use in order to build the bombs? Does he have offshore accounts from some other source?

Because it was explicit that it was T'Challa who designed and built them, remember.

It's a shame about Namor but I felt it a fitting end. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He's always been most interesting to me as a morally ambiguous and dubious antihero, so I preferred a death in that manner over a cliche heroic sacrifice to save the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Yes and he only had to murder about over billions and billions of good, innocent people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it what, 15 times? Yeah, if those were all evil alternate universes where everyone was a amoral scumbag such as in Earth-3 I'd be kind of okay with it. But the fact of the matter is they weren't, they murder billions of good people for their own asses and at this point, 616 isn't worth saving at all so might as well let the thing die.
    You seem to be forgetting that had Namor not acted, all those billions and billions of good, innocent people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it would still have died a few minutes later. In addition, the billions of good, innocent people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it on the 616 Earth would also have died. Then, add in the total number of innocents on every inhabited planet in every galaxy in both universes.

Dignity? No, all of the Illuminati lost any dignity when they started this. They must die and die horribly, all of them. Weather it be amongst each other (which was totally perfect in this instance) or from some one else (I pray Steve gets to rid himself of Tony Stark soon).
    So, they should never have started trying to stop the Incursions, and the 616 universe should have ended on the second one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    That's a big ass back alley. Why don't you guys relax and enjoy the ride?

To (I think it was) Trident: Hickman has never been big on fight scenes imo. Like they're the one thing about him in kinda ehhhhhh on
    Don't think that excuess him from having a character being presented as a "noble person" sneak up on another character, again, and stab him. That's the type of thing you let thugs do. Not a king or former in this case.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    So was everyone supposed to just be okay with Namor using that tidal wave? Or does the Phoenix just have to own up to that? T'Challa didn't think striking back at Atlantis was a good idea and argued against it, Shuri went the other way, or are you not remembering that issue?

And more than anything, BP is about winning, I think it's always been clear.

I don't know how you can justify Namor's actions in the least, his crimes against Wakanda should be answered by a Wakandan after all.
    I don't know how you can label Namor's actions with Thanos crimes against Wakanda, when two minutes earlier, Black Panther did the same exact thing.

I didn't say everyone was supposed to be okay with the tidal wave. But laying that entirely on Namor, isn't correct either. Especially when he offered compensation / peace terms.

I remember in that issue, that T'challa wanted Atlantis squashed, but only agreed to Namor's offer of peace because he knew they needed to focus on the Incursions. I also remember what T'challa did NOT do in that issue. He didn't immediately tell Namor that the truce was off.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Don't think that excuess him from having a character being presented as a "noble person" sneak up on another character, again, and stab him. That's the type of thing you let thugs do. Not a king or former in this case.
    "Sneak up?" Nope, he showed him the knife, then put it in his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if marvel had the movie rights to namor, i'd be a lot less pressed froggy.
    It comes off kinda stannish but I'm sure you recognize that dude.

Anyways, the Black Bolt moment was my favorite, and I like that the payoff is (starting?) to happen. I mean there are certain things about Hickman I'm kinda ehh on, but seeing how this journey gets us to Secret Wars, the tragic road ahead and beyond, is something im definirely interested in
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    If not Wakandan money, what resources did T'Challa use in order to build the bombs? Does he have offshore accounts from some other source?

Because it was explicit that it was T'Challa who designed and built them, remember.
    I've no idea.

But no, it wasn't just T'challa. Reed and Tony helped too.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

By murdering trillions and trillions more. What great guys.
    You seem to be thinking that the numbers killed on those Earths are comparable to the numbers saved. I guess you're forgetting to multiply by the number of inhabited worlds in two universes.

And even if was down to just one Earth vs. two, that wouldn't be the case - because if you don't intervene, the people on the intact other Earth get killed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I've no idea.

But no, it wasn't just T'challa. Reed and Tony helped too.
    I thought that was just the design, but sure, it's conceivable that Tony kicked in some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    It comes off kinda stannish but I'm sure you recognize that dude.
    of course i do.

it is just my sincere hope that all of the illuminati suffer horribly before this is over. if namor is the only one to die before this ends, i will absolutely call foul and you should at least agree with me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    It wasn't really a sneak attack if dude saw the knife. Wasn't there a few moments in the series talking about how kings do unseemly things for their kingdom? All three monarchs have been a part to shady stuff in this series so I don't see how revenge can be called thuggish behavior.

There have been monstrous acts and morally questionable things done, but nothing that constitutes use of the word thug in my opinion
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's a shame about Namor but I felt it a fitting end. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He's always been most interesting to me as a morally ambiguous and dubious antihero, so I preferred a death in that manner over a cliche heroic sacrifice to save the universe.
    I suggest you visit some Namor threads or read some of his books, then, because that wasn't how Namor was portrayed at all. He's an anti-hero, but he's not morally ambiguous. Even in this book, more than anyone else, he was the only man of convictions, who sacrificed everything to save other people.

That most certainly was NOT the death he deserved.