All-New Member

Default A question about Rogue and Wolverine

Hey, I actually just joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully i can take a look around and stay after / if i get my answer :P

Recently in a comic I am reading (I think it's in one of the Avenger's books during the Apocalypse twins saga in the UK CE edition Avengers Universe) Rogue touches Wolverine and gets his claws but I am pretty sure that somewhere else I have read that when Wolverine lost his powers one time, his enemies didn't realise his claws weren't a mutation. So that would mean Rogue can only get healing factor from Wolverine right?

What is going on here? Did they retcon somewhere that wolverines claws are now a power? or have i missed something about rogue?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denzarki View Post
    Hey, I actually just joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully i can take a look around and stay after / if i get my answer :P

Recently in a comic I am reading (I think it's in one of the Avenger's books during the Apocalypse twins saga in the UK CE edition Avengers Universe) Rogue touches Wolverine and gets his claws but I am pretty sure that somewhere else I have read that when Wolverine lost his powers one time, his enemies didn't realise his claws weren't a mutation. So that would mean Rogue can only get healing factor from Wolverine right?

What is going on here? Did they retcon somewhere that wolverines claws are now a power? or have i missed something about rogue?
    Yes. Wolverine claws are now a part of his mutation.

They revealed back in 1993 that his claws are made of bone under that adamantium.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    They revealed back in 1993 that his claws are made of bone under that adamantium.
    that may be the case, but since then he has been in a comic saying that these people don't realise his claws aren't a power. (i cant remember the source from that)

and thanks to the other reply

The story you read probably came before the one in 1993.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Yeah, if bone claws aren't a mutation I don't know what is.